Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is There a Shortage of Confident, Attractive Men?

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are so few confident, attractive, guys that I know that whenever I meet them they always seem to have no problems whatsoever getting the women they want. I mean women literally throw themselves at them. I am not bullshyting, I see the girls they hang around and they are HOT to say the least.

One of the guys I talk to at my university is a short, but jacked like a tank, good looking, and extremely confident guy. He is dating 3 women right now.

I really believe there is a shortage of confident, attractive men. Why are male celebrities, rock stars, and rap stares so popular and desirable by women these days? Because they have little competition from anyone else NOT a celebrity. High status males (small percentage of guys) almost have a monopoly on all the hot women

But I guess it could also work to our advantage. If we work out and develop a strong physical presence, coupled with a good style in clothes and grooming, that would give us high status based on our looks, and put us way ahead of the vast majority of out-of-shape beer belly frat guys.

This is all assumptions Im making so feel free to openly debate this

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
There are so few confident, attractive, guys that I know that whenever I meet them they always seem to have no problems whatsoever getting the women they want. I mean women literally throw themselves at them. I am not bullshyting, I see the girls they hang around and they are HOT to say the least.

One of the guys I talk to at my university is a short, but jacked like a tank, good looking, and extremely confident guy. He is dating 3 women right now.

I really believe there is a shortage of confident, attractive men. Why are male celebrities, rock stars, and rap stares so popular and desirable by women these days? Because they have little competition from anyone else NOT a celebrity. High status males (small percentage of guys) almost have a monopoly on all the hot women

But I guess it could also work to our advantage. If we work out and develop a strong physical presence, coupled with a good style in clothes and grooming, that would give us high status based on our looks, and put us way ahead of the vast majority of out-of-shape beer belly frat guys.

no, there's a shortage of REAL MEN...THAT'S THE PROBLEM

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blame the media and Hollywood. They get the kids started early with the Disney movies, where the nice guy always wins and the two 'good' people always fall in love. Then as teenagers they see movies like "Down to You," "She's All That" and "10 Things I Hate About You" and think that's how shít really goes down. Then you can't forget about the girls who preach what they want in a guy, and most guys will listen because they are logical thinkers. "If she says she wants this then that must be what she wants." Then the true AFC is born. If they started handing out the DJ Bible during sex ed in 5th grade there would be plenty of real men out there.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IsiMan84 said:
Blame the media and Hollywood. They get the kids started early with the Disney movies, where the nice guy always wins and the two 'good' people always fall in love. Then as teenagers they see movies like "Down to You," "She's All That" and "10 Things I Hate About You" and think that's how shít really goes down. Then you can't forget about the girls who preach what they want in a guy, and most guys will listen because they are logical thinkers. "If she says she wants this then that must be what she wants." Then the true AFC is born. If they started handing out the DJ Bible during sex ed in 5th grade there would be plenty of real men out there.
DITTO :D

Men think with logic
Women are driven by emotions

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
ho's are ho's and a bone is a byatches bestfriend.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never seen evidence of this "shortage". Everywhere I go where there is a normal spread of people I see both socially retarted nerds, average joes with average personalities, and some extremely outgoing and attractive guys. Of course, the latter group tends to have much more success with all the pretty girls, but the point is that they're usually there. Rarely do I see a social circle with a bunch of loser greasy haird computer nerds and then some buxom young bombshells with nobody to date. There seems to always be an attractive, confident guy to pair with that desired woman.

I hate to say so because many men here derive their own confidence based on the belief that just being confident will make them attractive enough to be neck deep in bare chested models. Unfortunately, a lot of men who adopt that attitude eventually are forced to face the reality that, in the long term, they've only seen themselves marginally improve. No longer having faith in the maxim that confidence breeds attraction, they are no longer able to derive confidence by thinking it will make them more attractive, and any marginal success they notice will fade as their confidence in it does as well. Eventually, they turn to more rote methods of routine memorization and stepwise seduction, degrade to self-delusion and keyboard jockery, become self-improvement junkies dedicated to the study of self-help without ever seeming to gain any benefit, or abandon the whole endeavor altogether and resign themselves to their own proscribed fate of eternal mediocracy.

So, what I'm saying is that it would do good for everybody to realize that confidence and the attractiveness associated with it is only a decent first-step towards being that ultimate catch that we all seem to desire to be. Sure, it is important to be comfortable in your own skin and sure of your own beliefs, values and desires, but there's a lot more that you can aspire towards that will really separate you from the herd - even from the confident and attractive members of the herd.

What we should all be aspiring is true greatness in all things. This means complete victory over ourselves in terms of self control, self actualization, commitment to eternal growth and improvement, and adherence to deeply-rooted values. This isn't an overnight thing, or something that happens over a year, but a lifelong commitment to excellence that will set you apart from the rest of the confident men that surround you. Learn how to really set lofty goals and achieve them, diversify yourself, constantly work on your weaknesses while taking advantage of your strengths, and make lasting impressions on everybody you come in contact with and you'll have no problems having whatever woman you want and staying happy with whoever you choose no matter what competion from confident, attractive guys you encounter.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BrotherAP said:
I've never seen evidence of this "shortage". Everywhere I go where there is a normal spread of people I see both socially retarted nerds, average joes with average personalities, and some extremely outgoing and attractive guys. Of course, the latter group tends to have much more success with all the pretty girls, but the point is that they're usually there. Rarely do I see a social circle with a bunch of loser greasy haird computer nerds and then some buxom young bombshells with nobody to date. There seems to always be an attractive, confident guy to pair with that desired woman.

I hate to say so because many men here derive their own confidence based on the belief that just being confident will make them attractive enough to be neck deep in bare chested models. Unfortunately, a lot of men who adopt that attitude eventually are forced to face the reality that, in the long term, they've only seen themselves marginally improve. No longer having faith in the maxim that confidence breeds attraction, they are no longer able to derive confidence by thinking it will make them more attractive, and any marginal success they notice will fade as their confidence in it does as well. Eventually, they turn to more rote methods of routine memorization and stepwise seduction, degrade to self-delusion and keyboard jockery, become self-improvement junkies dedicated to the study of self-help without ever seeming to gain any benefit, or abandon the whole endeavor altogether and resign themselves to their own proscribed fate of eternal mediocracy.

So, what I'm saying is that it would do good for everybody to realize that confidence and the attractiveness associated with it is only a decent first-step towards being that ultimate catch that we all seem to desire to be. Sure, it is important to be comfortable in your own skin and sure of your own beliefs, values and desires, but there's a lot more that you can aspire towards that will really separate you from the herd - even from the confident and attractive members of the herd.

What we should all be aspiring is true greatness in all things. This means complete victory over ourselves in terms of self control, self actualization, commitment to eternal growth and improvement, and adherence to deeply-rooted values. This isn't an overnight thing, or something that happens over a year, but a lifelong commitment to excellence that will set you apart from the rest of the confident men that surround you. Learn how to really set lofty goals and achieve them, diversify yourself, constantly work on your weaknesses while taking advantage of your strengths, and make lasting impressions on everybody you come in contact with and you'll have no problems having whatever woman you want and staying happy with whoever you choose no matter what competion from confident, attractive guys you encounter.
Very well said Brother AP...

Maybe I should not have emphasized that there is a shortage, rather what small percentage of ATTRACTIVE HIGH QUALITY MEN are out there are the ones that get the majority of ATTRACTIVE, HIGH QUALITY WOMEN.

Not to overanalyize this sh*t, but I really think attractive high quality women have some sort of intuitive filter to weed out most of the undesirable guys they meet. It's kind of like they can tell if you are an average joe or a ladies man, and they respond accordingly

But I agree that we should strive to be great for us to be happy with ourselves and the women we date.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:

Uh, not really... while I'll argree that there are far fewer good looking guys per equal cross section of the populous, I haven't found that being one of them is any distinct advantage. :down: Girls most deffinitely don't thow themselves at me. I'd say he who has the access to the most women has the biggest likeliehood of having the hottest (and/or most) girls. It's all about your network... but, then, I've been saying this for while, but we can't seem to get any good threads on here about it.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i went to a club just recently. I got my self a drink and went to lean on the railing that goes around the dance floor, and watch how everybody behaves.

lot of average people, BUT YOU SHOULD SEE THE CHICKS AS THE "ALPHA MALES" WALK BY. All of a sudden they start pushing their tits/hips out and start dancing like they just got a jolt of energy..... puirty funny to watch.

Ya there is a very few alpha males out there, and everybody usually notices thema s they walk through the door....There is just something about the guys that just makes them stand out.....i don't know....