Is the word 'bossy' damaging to women?

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Facebook chief executive Sheryl Sandberg and American Girl Scouts chief Anna Maria Chavez are leading a campaign to discourage the use of the word "bossy". Does the term destroy the confidence of young girls, asks Tom Heyden.

The campaign claims that terms like "bossy" are disproportionately applied to females, preventing schoolgirls from seeing themselves as future "leaders".
Full story here http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26543719

I just shake my head.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, because confidence is built through avoiding negativity, conflict, and difference of opinion.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
American Girl Scouts chief Anna Maria Chavez

That b!tch makes her living bossing around child-slaves. They just raised the price for a box of cookies to $5. For every box sold, the little girls get 50 cents and that cvnt keeps the rest.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really wish I had as many excuses to fail as women do.

No seriously...

I think I would get fired if I told someone at work I failed because they were to bossy.

HAHAHAHAHAH ROFL

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh shıt, who wants pie?

Reaction score
It won't get better until all these baby boomer pieces of **** die off, they have all the time in the world retired to push social issues that they were too busy in the past ****ing everyone else in the 80's and 90's. There is a .gif I'm thinking of with a woman sucking ten ****s and loving it, should put a "BOSSY" title on that and send it back to them.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems someone has too much time on their hands. Couldn't she find some real social issue to campaign on? "Bossy" is just what we call women when we would call a man an a-hole. Would she prefer a-hole?