Is the term "Game" a myth?

Lostinlove

Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering if "game" is simply a throw away word for when a girl likes a specific guy? As in: He's got game. Just like the word "hot" certain people think certain people are hot others don't no matter what you do even if you are a celebrity.

Implying that a formula will work for every guy on every girl seems like a myth when girls choose who they like and who has "game" to them. But it doesn't mean that if you taught every guy the same type of lines,moves, responses etc game it guarantees them to get the same type of girl or girl as someone else that she simply chose for many reasons and whatever else she liked about him.

Height could play a part, the guys certain look, his nationality, ethnicity, family, status, social circle, even his type of employment (like he was a cop or fireman and the girl may have a thing for them due to her family or whatever need), his voice, laugh, eye color, walk, his style, his hygene, treatment of others etc that play a lot of a part if all things were equal in talking to girls and trying to do a specific routine or book learned, net learned, class or bootcamp learned theory.

I'm saying if you are a normal guy, working on yourself to be your best self for you and not just to get girls and can talk to girls (no matter how good looking they are) seeing them as a person, not an object, or your own need to have a specific outcome, if they like your look, style, demeanor, outlook, etc though they may not like every guy or even usuallly like a guy like you and don't have to but they just might choose you and say you have "game".

But I don't believe at all that every guy if he knew all "game" would or could get any girl as there's much more involved and canned routines or human interactions simply cannot be controlled to guide people like robots to auto-like you or me.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are several connotations that get thrown around about Game. To be simple, Game implies logic and reason behind the madness and magic of sex, emotion, and behaviour. Know the spells behind the enchantments and you'll know how to dispell it when afflicted.

Lostinlove

Banned
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Women rarely use the term "game" IME. Most don't believe in it. They just find a guy attractive or they don't.

That's what I'm saying.

One girl can like guys with shaved heads, another over 6ft, another only like black guys, another only white, another only dates cops or firemen, another may like weird guys, some only jacked guys or blue eyes and on and on.

To imply that learning something and even knowing everything about it will work on any or even most girls disregarding reality and everything else in attraction is delusional and there is no way even IF every guy knew 100% "game" would mean every girl no matter what would like them and they could get any girl PLUS teach other men that look nothing like them to use "game" to get every girl like they could.

Posters here an on any game site can't agree on everything, a lot don't like each other, their style, etc. There's much more involved than simply saying "game" is the solution to getting any girl or having anyone agree or like you or I let alone expecting it to be an auto-guarantee for success with any and everyone. It's not reality. It's good to share experiences and try to learn and grow from them to not repeat mistakes but that still doesn't mean it's a cure all for some learned control of what we "want" in outcomes and should "all" be able to have our way 100% of the time with everyone.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Women rarely use the term "game" IME. Most don't believe in it. They just find a guy attractive or they don't.
Exactly, and this guy is either available or not for her to get her claws on... the rest is just litterature...

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostinlove said:
Posters here an on any game site can't agree on everything, a lot don't like each other, their style, etc. There's much more involved than simply saying "game" is the solution to getting any girl or having anyone agree or like you or I let alone expecting it to be an auto-guarantee for success with any and everyone. It's not reality. It's good to share experiences and try to learn and grow from them to not repeat mistakes but that still doesn't mean it's a cure all for some learned control of what we "want" in outcomes and should "all" be able to have our way 100% of the time with everyone.
Game is not 100% of the puzzle though.

But what game does do is open the door to the world of opportunity. When gets into this they naturally realise that they have to get into the gym to maximise their physique, they dress better and attempt to expand their social circle, they attempt to earn more money and become more independent. As a package, the guy is much better. Stick some game on a guy who is 200 pounds overweight and it will count for jackshït.

A guy with an awesome lifestyle will kick the butt of any guy with good game. That being said, what game does give you is the chance to play the percentages, all the types of guys you previously mentioned are all stereotypes that girls like. But look at yourself, I'm sure you're attracted to more than one type of girl. Good game ups your chances of converting that maybe into a yes. Yeah, this chick might usually go for one type of guy but if you're dead charming and catch her on the right day, you still have a shot.

There are no absolutes, just increased chances, don't be fooled because game really does help.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
C+F works, approaching with confidence works, kino works, aloofness......if you really doubt it then you haven't really tried it.
If there's no physical attraction, even extraterrestrial game will not get you anywhere.
You'll be a freaking clown entertaining her for 10/15 minutes, get a number and eventually flaked on on the 1st (at best 2nd) date.

Lostinlove

Banned
Reaction score
smooth_as_silk said:
If there's no physical attraction, even extraterrestrial game will not get you anywhere.
You'll be a freaking clown entertaining her for 10/15 minutes, get a number and eventually flaked on on the 1st (at best 2nd) date.

Exactly.

There's so many facets of what attracts people to others or certain kinds of people you'd have to be like a cult zombie thinking "game" is going to get you to attract any female, of any race, of any age, all the time. And not only that but that same "game" should work 100% of the time for all guys.

True you want to learn to talk to women just like you should be able to communicate with anyone. But to believe that "game" can be so powerful as to attract anyone, at any time, of any race, and disregard everything else as if no other attraction factors exist in what people themselves of their own free will find attractive is retarded.

"Game" only exists to those who find you or I attractive as a whole package. And there's no way to control that with 100% guarantee 100% of the time disregarding life and every other variable.

It may scare some dudes to think otherwise but there's no controlling others with some cult like manipulation "game". Only your own self and bettering yourself to be the best you can be for yourself. Whomever is attracted to that person you or I are or in the future become may change in time or not with countless variables involved. That's life.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think "Game" refers mainly to behavior: the way you converse, the things that you do, the way that you act to attract women. Looks in and of themselves would not be considered part of game, neither would money, those would merely be tools in your arsenal. "Game", I think, would refer to the way you use your tools and put them into play to attract women.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Good game can increase attraction that is already there. But if there is no attraction, game is just free entertainment at best.

Game can also help you seize opportunities that are there and not F up with women that are attracted to you.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People often confuse game with having desirable qualities in abundance. Being able to attract girls because you look like a male model doesn't mean you have game. Being to attract girls because you are famous or rich mean you have game.

Game is about being to create an illusion of unquenchable desirability. It;s being able to get women/men to do outrageous things by mesmerizing them with your charisma/personality.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you have to use game, you have already lost the battle.

The most rewarding relationships I've had were when I acted myself and didn't use lines.

Game is just about manipulation.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well it's a good thing no one on this site listens to you anyway skinnyguy lol because if i didn't have any game i would not be married.

I'm not talking about, the act of plate spinning after I got her phone number. I'm not talking about how long i waited to call ehr between dates or to go for a kiss on the first date. I mean, the very very first time I talked to her, she shot me down lol and within 10 mins or so I went from being shot down, to having a date.

In a nut shell this was our very first conversation. It was at santa antia park in the morning at a little coffee / food court area called clocker's corner. I'd go there and for a few weeks I saw her and this day she wasn't working at this particular time and I saw her look at me and turn away so I was like **** it lol let's do this.

Me: Hey I'm backbreaker how you doing?

Wife: Hey backbreaker I'm millie (i've said my wife's name a few times here it's no secret) nice to meet you

Me: So which trainer do you work for (She was an exercise rider at the time)?

Wife: X

Me: So do you ride in the afternoons at all or are you just exercise riding?

Wife: just in the mornings I'm not good enough to ride in the afternoon plus I'm too big (She's tall and she's about 130 which is about 15 pounds too big) haha

Me: (by now i notice a thick accent) where are you from?

Wife: From England right outside london I just moved here (notices my southern accent lol) where are YOU from lol I've never heard anyone talk like you before

Me: I'm from Arkansas lol. I just moved here not that long ago as well. So how you like it out here so far?

Wife: It's nice, it's busy. But I work so much I really don't get out much so I don't know.

(my queue)

Me: I don't get out very much either I work a lot, I love horse racing and the horses so I come here a lot but I really don't get out alot. Hey I got an ideae (in my cheesy sarcastic voice), let's go out together lol. how about we go to the zoo or something, give me your phone number i will call you some time (pull out phone

Wife: "lol I can't do that, no"

Me: lol (Change subject), so do you ride any good horses, \want to give me any tips lol? You riding anything that's working really well?

we do this for like 5-10 mins I won't go into the whole convo but then when her guard is down and i have her laughing a little bit i go in again

Me: seriously though you're very pretty and you seem really interesting and chill and i'd like to get to know you better

Wife: well, i mean, you do this all the time lol. you're picking me up I mean, you're too good at this lol. Most guys just don't come up to a random girl and talk to them and take them out. You're too smooth

Me: Alright... Do you think I'm cute?

Wife: (Smiles).. yeah. I saw you looking at me too lol. But yeah you're handsome. A little short lol but you're handsome

Me: oh you got jokes. Anyway am I creepy? a

Wife: No not really

Me: Are you having a decent time talking to me now?

Wife: yeah you're pretty chill

Me: So what possible reason could you have for not wanting to go out

Wife: (quit, smiling.. she's about to break)

Me: Alright I tell you what, what's something that you have not done yet that you really really want to do

Wife: Go to the beach

Me: Tell you what, you give me your number i'll pick you up, i'll take you to the beach tomorrow afternoon AND... if that wasn't enough.. i'll take you to get some ice cream afterwards lol. See normally i don't offer ice cream, but you seem kinda special so I will make an exception. I'll even let you get 2 scoops lol.

Wife: lol..okay, here's my number....

Wife:.. so what time are you picking me up? Do I need to bring anything?

That.. is game.

Game is basically slang for convincing a woman to do what you want her to do.

Yeah I"m a good looking dude. But if I approached my wife 5 years earlier and she said no i would have said okay and bye and went home and jacked off lol.

Yeah I make a good amount of money, but she didn't know that. I picked her up in a 10 year old car and she didn't have an idea that i had a little money until after our 2nd date when i brought her back to my house. the light flipped at that point lol u p until then i was just fun, maybe have some sex with, after that she was like "oh **** this dude has it together lol"

The basis of all game is being funny. If you can't make a woman laugh, you don't have game. not AMOG laugh but a real laugh.

But the nauances of that converation above come from years in the field and years of experience

notice

1. when she calls me out for being a little bit too smooth, i don't even deny it lol. i just changed the subject. Since when is being smooth a bad thing lol?

2. I mentally sold her on the idea of going on a date. That's my go to play and it works, 9 out of 10 times. I made her admit that she thinks i'm cute, i made her admit that i'm easy to talk to, then what the **** else is there? That's no different than me talking to a client and saying "well do you like my work, is the price okay?.. if the piece is okay and you like my work let's get started" If they have any REAL objections here is where it will come out, but she didn't. She just wanted to be a little prick lol. She knew (Correctly lol) this wasn't my first rodeo but she had to admit i had balls lol and iw as kinda cute and what's the worst that can happen? You go do something that you haven't done before for free and have fun?

3. Understand the difference between a hard no and a soft no. That was a soft no. had she said "no thanks i have a boyfriend" i would have talked for a few more minutes and left. That was a "i'm not convinced" no. So I made her relax a little bit more and gave it another go

All that, the understanding of the nuances of what's going on is "game" , the ability to think on my feet while talking to her. give her a date she could not POSSIBLY say no to by understanding she's new and figuring out what she wants to go do, etc.

Can I get dates without game? I did. But before I learned what i was doing it was more stand over here and hope a girl likes you lol. I could get a divorce tomorrow and go to a bar and pick 3 women out and virtually guarantee that i'm going to get one of the three.

But i could never pull off the confidence that it takes to do what i did with my wife, without being in REAL shape, i know i'm ****ing hot lol. just like she knows she's hot. she knew what i wanted when i sat down and i knew she was checking me out when i caught her looking at me. And while I would have succeed with her if i was broke, there is no way that she would be my wife if i were, so for long term game purposes, the financial aspect has to be on point as well.

If you can take the time to hone your game by talking to women, get your money right and get in shape, the world is your oyster

I eventually got her to admit that she was checking me out for a few days and i admitted to her that i was mirin her as well lol.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BB I am glad you're married. Hopefully you won't go around having more illegitimate children then.

Game is more likely to lead to rejection or humiliation than an actual relationship. Because of Tyler Durden and other PUAs, now women automatically have their bish shields up if you talk to them randomly. I first see if there is initial interest before I talk to a girl. What has a random chick on the street done to be worthy of my attention?

For the most part I blame men for Instagram attention wh0ring

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you have to use game, you have already lost the battle.

The most rewarding relationships I've had were when I acted myself and didn't use lines.

Look there will always be girls who are totally into you from the get go, the hotter you are or the more status you have the more likely this is going to be the case. But there are also girls who aren't not into you, they think you're okay and with game that "okay" can go from a maybe into a yes. You can get more yes girls by going to the gym and general lifestyle but unless you're a celebrity, there will always be a limit.

Game is played with the maybe girls and these are the vast majority of girls you will come across. The chances are that these are the women you are most attracted to so if you want to get these women you need game unless you want to spend all your time waiting for that yes girl who may turn out to be someone you're not that into but she'll have to do because you have no other options. Granted if you're really ugly, your window of maybe and yes girls is going to be much smaller so you're going to have to put in a lot more work and maybe even drop your standards.

Game just gets you to the next point in the interaction with the maybe girls and further you get, the more likely she's going to turn into a yes girl. You still seem to be caught in this Disney mindset where if it's not organic or fate that it's not worth having, that if you feel like you've got her attention by "deceptive" means that she's tainted and not into the real you. That's why you need to get your head sorted before you even try to start dating, whilst you're still frustrated and not at peace with yourself, girls aren't going to be attracted to you.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One girl can like guys with shaved heads, another over 6ft, another only like black guys, another only white, another only dates cops or firemen, another may like weird guys, some only jacked guys or blue eyes and on and on.

The one thing they all like though, is a real man, with authentic confidence and prospects.

That's game.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:

Skinnyguy,

I have to disagree with you. Game isn't about manipulation as it is control. Women want men who exhibit control and who aren't overwhelmed by a woman's looks. Control is a leadership quality.

Being able to game a woman has taken on a negative connotation simply by the phrase itself, but true game is being able to charm women and with the subtext being that you are interested.

Of course some guys take it too far but that's the case for anything pure than can be bastardized by those who subvert the genuine intention to meet their agenda.

Yes gaming should be within the framework of who you are and that's why many guys fail using the routines and such because it's not congruent with their subconscious projection of themselves.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_411 said:
Skinnyguy,

I have to disagree with you. Game isn't about manipulation as it is control. Women want men who exhibit control and who aren't overwhelmed by a woman's looks. Control is a leadership quality.

Being able to game a woman has taken on a negative connotation simply by the phrase itself, but true game is being able to charm women and with the subtext being that you are interested.

Of course some guys take it too far but that's the case for anything pure than can be bastardized by those who subvert the genuine intention to meet their agenda.

Yes gaming should be within the framework of who you are and that's why many guys fail using the routines and such because it's not congruent with their subconscious projection of themselves.
Game has a negative connotation because it is a coping mechanism for average to ugly guys.

I agree that many guys use it and fail because they are innately weak

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
Game has a negative connotation because it is a coping mechanism for average to ugly guys.
I don't know if that is true. I keep thinking about a saying that Rollo always used to say, something like this: "Looks, money, status, game. Have two. But if you can only have one, have game." I'm not saying I agree with that necessarily, but I've always remembered it. Mainly because I've always wondered if it's true or not.

Personally, I'd rather have money, because it has many uses which go far beyond women. But Rollo is talking in the context of attracting women, I assume.