Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is sosuave anti children?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is kinda a running motif here on this forum you will hear someone say something to the linking of "only if you want to have children should you get married" or " i don't want kids"

you get the sense by some that kids is not something that is seen as a want here on this forum at least that's how i take it. Kinda like saying the fact that you want kids, or children one day is saying you can't be an alpha male with children.

or it could be that kids generally equal LTR / marriage.

I don't think having kids is a bad thing. obviously lol. I think that personally however people have kids way too soon in life and people know too many people with kids that should not for various reasons have kids and it kinda puts a damper on things.

I personally and this is my personal opinion don't take it for gospel, that everyone shoudl strive to be a parent at some poi n their lives. i think you should go out and live your life, have your fun, do you for a while but some point, look to raise a child when you are emotionally and financially stable enough to have so.

I personally would not have a child if i did not know i could pay for him to go to private school and could not easily handle all of the regular kid things that come up in a child's life.. little league baseball, trips to the doctor, the slumber parties, toys, toys, clothes, ice cream, toys, etc, random trips to mc donalds for happy meals, the basketball goal in the back yard, piano /karate/whatever lessons

i think the problem is that children have become a strategic access in the game of the sexes. women, who control reproduction, see kids as a way to tie a man up and you have too many 23-24 year olds having children who can barley take care of themselves and it's stressful.

having a son is pretty bad ass honestly. and this coming from someone who never saw himself as a dad, and today i consider myself a father first and foremost before anything. but i also know that i am emotionally and financially able to support my son. i am emotionally able to not take out my day or my feelings on him when he does something I don't like. I work from home so he sees me /climbs on me pretty mjuch all day long when he's home.

at the same time we have a babysitter on call whenever WE want to do something she can be here in 20 minutes usually or we can drop him off over her house. he doesn't eat crap we don't have a house full of ****ty food, we aren't weaning him on fried chicken and little debbies.

I remember seeing this girl with a child some years ago and one night she wanted to go out but she could only afford to pay a babysitter 1 night a week to go out and she had already went out. i could not live like that or see how people do.

anyway, i am just see a lot of animosity towards having kids. It just has to be done on the males time table not the females.

I look at me and my little sister. my mother had me when she was 19 years old. we were not poor, but we were not well off either. my mom was still in college, we lived in a very middle class life style. I didn't want for very much as a child but i mean we weren't rich. we lived in a small house, i went to a pretty avg public school growing up, we didn't take any real vacations, my mom drove a petty avg car. i did not leave the state of Arkansas until i was what, 13 years old.

not only that, my mother, and father sacrificed a LOT because of me. I did not want for a lot but at the expense of them wanting a lot. i harp on my dad's issues and my mom's religion but they were pretty sweet parents honestly for the most part. made sure i did good in school, kept me busy with stuff outside of school, etc.

left
on the other hand, my mother had my sister, the DAY i left from high school (no joke). i left my graduation and went to the hospital.

my mom since having me and growing up now makes over 100k a year, lives a very upper middle class lifestyle. and you can just see how much easier and natural it is for her now than it was with me. my sister has never been to a public school in her life. they travel somewhere just about every other month. my sister has already been on a cruise. hell I have never been on a cruise. she's already been out of the country. i did not leave the country for the first time until i was in my 20's.

also, like, my now deceased grandmother (miss you grandma :() basically "raised me" for all intents and purposes. I stayed at her house before i caught the bus i stayed there after i ggot dropped off from school, i stayed there just about every other weekend with my other cousins. if i needed help with my home work she would call one of my cousins to help me. my mom was in college and when she got out of college she was a career woman.

but now, my mom is home everyday at 4:30-5pm and after that her entire attention is to my sister. my best friends dad would have to pick me up to go to our little league baseball games because mom was at work, my mom now is front row to ever one of my sisters basketball games.

the difference is now my mom can financially and emotionally support her. There is some draw back to that. she's much more spoiled than i ever was. i knew at an early age if i wanted something i had to go get it. like my mom bought me a PlayStation but if i wanted more than 1 game a year lol i hato go make money to support my video game habit myself. she got me my first car but if i wanted it to not look like crap and to have a nice sound system i had to get to work and do it myself. now my mom can't walk into best buy without buying 2-3 games for my sister and her wii.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, youve been here long enough to know that the most important thing in many of these guys lives is getting their d!ck wet by any means necessary. If that means betraying their friend or fellow man, pedestalizing woman constantly, or turning their back on their morals, many of them will do it.

I dont really take much of the advice in the PUA community or manosphere seriously anymore. I did when I first found the community, but then I realized just how much women rule their lives even though they say women dont. Along with a good deal of bias, hypocrisy and bitterness, ...so I just look at it for what it is. The community as a whole has some good mixed in with some bad.

More things matter in life than sex. I see nothing wrong with wanting to have a few little ones running around the house. As much as I enjoy being single, and even though Im only 25, I cant tell you how big of a paternal urge I get when I see a pregnant woman or a cute little girl with her papa. I def have those "aww" moments. The time isnt right now, but I def want to have the family life when Im older.

Imagine that sense of pride you will feel when your lady is carrying your kid, and you feel her stomach. Its really powerful in my eyes. Im not to thrilled about the effect itll have on my future wifes body, and I know a couple girls who are flirting with adoption because of that....but still...instincts are strong, and though adoption is a good thing and helps a child in need, you cant really replace the bond you get from going through everything the natural biological way.

P.S. - I can def see how having a son would be bad ass. Idealistically I want to have an older son to look over my daughter(s). He will be my little protege as well. A hell raiser and a chip of the old block.

And I agree that people should not be having kids until they are emotionally and financially mature. This is not usually the case more most people until they are closer to 30. Thats what Im aiming for. Another couple of years of a fun single life, maybe less...but I plan to start really focusing on finding the right girl when Im 26/27. If I pick the right gal, I want to date for a couple years, then be engaged for a year, and married for one year as a trial period. Then we will have kids. By then Ill be between 30-32.

I def dont want to rush and have a kid as soon as we get married. I know living together and being married can def change a relationship, so I at least wanna test it out first even if its not a long time.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's anti-children. But I would say it's extremely cautionary about the prospect of having and raising kids, and for good reason.

Sosuave is one of the few outlets in this society that doesn't either place child-rearing on a pedestal, or dish out pressure to settle down and have a family. A lot of men get married and have kids because they're told that's what they're supposed to do, by family, society, pop culture, women, etc. They're told that single men who date around are "kidults" who need to "man up." And a lot of children are brought into this world unnecessarily because of this.

So if society is going to be that way, fine, but at least let's have one lonely site that can print the contrary opinion. If that means leaning against kids (and marriage), so be it. Just to get young men to think twice about how they want to spend their lives.

Having and raising children and being "Alpha" are not mutually exclusive. Heck, you need game to raise kids in my opinion. Wanting to have kids is perfectly legitimate and healthy. Just remember that when you cross that rubicon, you're giving up other parts of your life that you may still prize and enjoy. That's all.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It can seem like anti-kids here, but guys are in different stages of life. Many just want to get laid. I, like some others, would prefer to meet the right woman, but that can take a long time, and I accept that it might never happen. (Or by the time it does, it might be too late for kids.) So we just try to score here and there in the meantime.

Mostly, I learned from SS that you have to meet the right woman FIRST, THEN have kids if that's what you both want. That makes sense to me.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I wouldn't say it's anti-children. But I would say it's extremely cautionary about the prospect of having and raising kids, and for good reason.

Sosuave is one of the few outlets in this society that doesn't either place child-rearing on a pedestal, or dish out pressure to settle down and have a family. A lot of men get married and have kids because they're told that's what they're supposed to do, by family, society, pop culture, women, etc. They're told that single men who date around are "kidults" who need to "man up." And a lot of children are brought into this world unnecessarily because of this.

So if society is going to be that way, fine, but at least let's have one lonely site that can print the contrary opinion. If that means leaning against kids (and marriage), so be it. Just to get young men to think twice about how they want to spend their lives.

Having and raising children and being "Alpha" are not mutually exclusive. Heck, you need game to raise kids in my opinion. Wanting to have kids is perfectly legitimate and healthy. Just remember that when you cross that rubicon, you're giving up other parts of your life that you may still prize and enjoy. That's all.

this

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a conflict I'm working to disentangle. I would derive emotional enjoyment and satisfaction from having kids, but I also see kids as the means by which women get their claws into you.

It seems like everytime I catch myself feeling soft about kids and marriage, I hear another horror story and I say "To hell with that, what was I thinking?"

Like a good buddy of mine, an older guy in his late-50's, old school trucker/john wayne kinda dude. He had ran a successful trucking business, has a daughter my age (huge knockers with a butterface) and 5 years ago his wife decides to divorce him. I don't know the full story behind her reasons, I don't push for details. Anyway, she divorces him, then calls the IRS to inform them that she had not paid taxes in years, then gets a lawyer and has him thrown off his own farm. Long story short, he has to pay for his farm all over again, and I helped him convert part of his polebarn into a studio apartment to live in so he could rent his house out. There was a time when he was shaving and showering at the YMCA. He didn't seem heartbroken to see her go, but it completely destroyed him nonetheless.

I see that as the kind of "entangling alliance" that I have learned to keep distance from. I played house with a gf in my early 20's, she was a beautiful thing and very domestic, but even that turned into a big mess when we broke up.

So today, it's not that I'm against LTRs or "getting serious" per se, but all women come with a caveat emptor stamp until they prove otherwise. You have to take risks in this life, but it doesn't pay to take risks for the sake of taking them.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this site is anti kids, it's "anti kids with unworthy women".

I don't have kids but some of the most thoughtful and insightful posters on here do have them. The prevailing theme seems to be "if you want kids, that's great. Just make sure the mother is worthy of your seed."

Great advice.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7 billion people and counting? No thanks - the world doesnt need more children from me.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kids are the best and worst thing you can ever do in your life...at the same time and in the same package. Ranks right up there with starting your own business.

Housedon

Reaction score
I4 year LTR for sure and breakup cos she decide now she quailified teacher she can dump me,2 kids the light of my life, i take them 2 days a week and they are the best thing we created outa a f***** up relationship,girl 6 and boy 10,i was primary caregiver and workin wk/ends as i am self employed,hey guys never become primary caregiver as partners never appreciate all the work u do, in fact they get jealous of your mummy daddy role,and eventually get hooked in2 some fly by night lemerence thing with an ******* who makes them feel so sexy they hop around the house singin love songs thinkin we can live together and see other people.eventually they hit u with unfounded barring orders and domestic violence charges that get struck out if u agrre to 50/50 shared joint custody so that they can go and meet new people 4 fun.All said and done 8 ths after breakup I have my manhood and ego back and have now become the dumper and she the dumpee, ha how F***** is that,have to smile at the whole but learnt a lot about myself and women theses past few months,as far as the kids go I am learning to step aside and let her make her own mistakes to learn from.There u Don Juans, just joined this site 2day,3rd date wid a new girl and she wanna be friends,did the thing and said not rally viable as u have enough friends and so do I , take care, ofcoarse she wanted one last passion kiss , gave her the sexy tease and said bye de bye,my god it was all so amicable and hurt a teensy bit but made me smile funny enough!Later.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Housedon said:
I4 year LTR for sure and breakup cos she decide now she quailified teacher she can dump me,2 kids the light of my life, i take them 2 days a week and they are the best thing we created outa a f***** up relationship,girl 6 and boy 10,i was primary caregiver and workin wk/ends as i am self employed,hey guys never become primary caregiver as partners never appreciate all the work u do, in fact they get jealous of your mummy daddy role,and eventually get hooked in2 some fly by night lemerence thing with an ******* who makes them feel so sexy they hop around the house singin love songs thinkin we can live together and see other people.eventually they hit u with unfounded barring orders and domestic violence charges that get struck out if u agrre to 50/50 shared joint custody so that they can go and meet new people 4 fun.All said and done 8 ths after breakup I have my manhood and ego back and have now become the dumper and she the dumpee, ha how F***** is that,have to smile at the whole but learnt a lot about myself and women theses past few months,as far as the kids go I am learning to step aside and let her make her own mistakes to learn from.There u Don Juans, just joined this site 2day,3rd date wid a new girl and she wanna be friends,did the thing and said not rally viable as u have enough friends and so do I , take care, ofcoarse she wanted one last passion kiss , gave her the sexy tease and said bye de bye,my god it was all so amicable and hurt a teensy bit but made me smile funny enough!Later.
damn bro

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
The reality is that kids are an added burden and do not bring happiness to relationships but rather they strain it and suck the parents dry from their money, personal time & health.
:crazy:

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never got the feeling that SS is anti-children. However, it is a site full of stories relating to how women use children as "instruments" for their own financial gain. This, and the "White Knight" justice system which continues to thrive, should always be an element of discussion on here.

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get why people dislike those who don't want children.

I think given we have 7 billion persons in the world, not everybody needs to have a child. I would also say that the purpose of a human being's existence is highly moot. Even religious people who often make the condemnation of this viewpoint sometimes think life is about devotion to God and nothing else. Take monks or nuns, are these people "bad"?

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I think given we have 7 billion persons in the world, not everybody needs to have a child. I would also say that the purpose of a human being's existence is highly moot. Even religious people who often make the condemnation of this viewpoint sometimes think life is about devotion to God and nothing else. Take monks or nuns, are these people "bad"?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The forum is largely anti-marriage, so it just follows that guys who aren't married aren't going to want children either. If they do, they're likely to be paying child support while the woman raises it, or at best have split custody.

ilikecharlene said:

Good point. It seems like overpopulation is straining the world's resources now, if the number of people keep increasing there are going to be problems.

I don't have any children. I like the idea of passing on my genes, but I am kind of selfish in the way I don't want to put in the commitment of time and money required. I like doing my own thing. If life was longer, like if we lived to 140 or something and kept youthful, I'd try to squeeze some kids in there. But the way things are, at my age I don't want to start now. It's probably best to have kids when you're young and have the most energy - before you know what hits you. The responsibility scares me too.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the forum is pro responsibility and acknowledge that having a child is a serous responsibility. Unfortunately not enough people feel this way.

Reaction score
Thanks Backbreaker. Especially for the part, where you say you are certain not to pour negative emotions on the kid.

Every father or better to be father or even every human being (that involves women too) should read this:
Break The Cycle

Or watch the accompanying videos. Basically it warns us about our wounds, how our mind operates - the wounds making us to say or do hurtful things to our children, ourselves and spouses or whoever and he even has a self help method to "cure" ourselves. The aim is to stop the cycle of neglect, abandoment and abuse of children.

Even us single bastards can learn from this.

Enjoy. It is powerful.