Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is she playing games?

William99

Reaction score
First let me say I really want to get the chance to love this girl, and I'm not into games anymore. But I feel like I need to better understand the position I'm in and would appreciate some advice.
Last weekend I was at a resort with some friends celebrating a bachelor party. After drinking and being on the water all day we decided to have dinner at the restaurant. One of the girls that was waiting on us was very cute, friendly, and sincere in everything she did. I know that's what a waitress should do, but she wasn't even out waitress but was helping out ours. I was a but drunk and began to flirt, and she smiled nicely and was very polite. I overheard her congratulate my friend on his upcoming wedding, and he responded as though he wasn't excited, which I could tell through her off by her response that was something like " you should be happy, that's my dream." I immediately and unintentionally let out an "awe" That was my dream too and and it sounded so sweet. I wanted to talk to her but she was moving around so quickly I didn't get much of a chance. I didn't see her again at dinner. Later on before we went out, she brought the extra cot that I needed. All I said was thank you. I didn't want to say anything I'd regret being drunk, and she said your welcome and left. I couldn't get her out of my mind. Her smile, her eyes. I haven't seen anyone look at me like that before. I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or not and tried to ignore the feeling. After we got to the club I really began regretting being so shy. I knew it was out of respect though.
( I have been single for over 5 years other than a few nights I'm not too proud of. Not because I'm ugly or want to be alone, but because my last relationship was wrong from the start and I promised myself I'd never be in a relationship out of convenience or lonliness again, I want to find someone I can truly love and who would be a good match. Someone sweet and kind, and who would be a good companion. I want to give all of my heart to the right girl.)
The next morning when I woke up sober and still thinking about her I knew I'd regret it if I didn't at least try to pursue her. I went to the restaurant and it was closed. I found a cleaning lady and wrote a thank you note and my phone number on it. I realized she may not call or even remember me since she was the one who made the impression on me, no vice versa. So the next morning I sent her roses with another thank you note saying that I hope the flowers brightened her day the way she had mine. She sent me a text saying thank you later that night. We texted for the next 4 days, mostly me telling her about myself and a picture of myself. She remembered me. The thing is I ran out of things to text her and wanted to talk. She never responded to that question directly, and only with short simple texts. I began to wonder if I am coming on too strong. So I didn't text her for 2 days. She hasn't texted me. I tried to call her tonight. She didn't answer. I left a message. Now I feel like since I was too shy or scared or drunk or whatever to try to talk to her in person that I should go see her. It's only an hour away. But should I ask her permission? Should I give her time to get back to me? If I really want her, and I do, would I be wrong or seem clingy or desperate if I continue to text, call, or show up at her work? I'm willing to try and fail for truelove, I feel it in my heart. There is no way she will ever know if I just quit now. I don't know what I should do. The thoughts I have are sincere and I want to show her, but I don't want to turn her off. I know she is busy with work and truly may not have time for me right now. I'm possibly too excited because I have been alone so long and have visualized us happily ever after, but this isn't reality, yet anyways. How do I make it happen? What's my next move? Balls in her court right? No contact? Should I just go see her and properly introduce myself so see can get a good look at me? Wtf ty

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
William99 said:
( I have been single for over 5 years other than a few nights I'm not too proud of. Not because I'm ugly or want to be alone, but because my last relationship was wrong from the start and I promised myself I'd never be in a relationship out of convenience or lonliness again, I want to find someone I can truly love and who would be a good match. Someone sweet and kind, and who would be a good companion. I want to give all of my heart to the right girl.)
This section pretty much sums up your entire dilemma.

You've been single for 5 years, so you desperately cling to any potential new girl as if she's your last chance at love.

Now I feel like since I was too shy or scared or drunk or whatever to try to talk to her in person that I should go see her. It's only an hour away. But should I ask her permission?
Dude. It's just a girl.

No...you shouldn't drive an hour to see her. She's a random girl you met. Not an ex wife who ran off with your kids.

If I really want her, and I do, would I be wrong or seem clingy or desperate if I continue to text, call, or show up at her work?
Want her? You don't even know her.

And yes, texting, calling, and showing up at her work after she's ignored you is pretty desperate and clingy. Actually, it's stalker-ish.

I'm willing to try and fail for truelove, I feel it in my heart.
I really want to help you, but you have your mind so deeply ingrained in love stores and romance novels, that I'm not sure anything I can say will help you.

Perhaps it's best for you to just try and fail. You're gonna have to learn the hard way, I think.

William99

Reaction score
Thanks for breaking it down Iceberg. I think I knew the answers already but just needed to confirm them. I did loose touch with reality a bit over this girl, my own fault. I've done enough. If I don't here from her then I'll just let her be. Meanwhile concentrate on me. I've already put too much thought time and energy into her that hasn't been reciprocated. Off to the gym where my energy is put to better use.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The oneitis is bad with this one and it's not a good sign that she hasn't responded to your phone call.
If it's only an hour, why not make some excuse to be there soon and ask her out? Then you'll have your answer for sure.
Then again, she might have sensed your desperation and has run for the hills.

And the flowers were probably a bit over the top but you live and learn.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greasy Pig said:
The oneitis is bad with this one and it's not a good sign that she hasn't responded to your phone call.
If it's only an hour, why not make some excuse to be there soon and ask her out? Then you'll have your answer for sure.
Then again, she might have sensed your desperation and has run for the hills.

And the flowers were probably a bit over the top but you live and learn.
I'd still strongly argue against driving to her workplace. There's just no way to randomly drive an hour to a place and make it seem like "Oh hey. I was just in the neighborhood."

And even if you could pull off that trick, the fact that she's not replying to his texts and calls already gives him the answer. And really, it's just some random girl. He met her once. It's not even like a college classroom crush where you see the chick every day.

Christ, the only thing driving to her workplace is gonna do is make her think twice about giving her number to the NEXT guy who comes along. Because she'll always remember the desperate guy who wouldn't leave her alone.

William99

Reaction score
Haven't contacted her today, haven't heard from her either. I'm done tryin.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With respect, Iceberg, I was thinking more along the lines of him telling her: "Hey Asshead, I'm heading to your area for a friend's bar mitzvah next weekend....blah blah".
I completely agree that driving to her workplace again would be one of the biggest chump moves possible.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not playing games...

You just didn't take a hint at the time.
In fact, I'd bet she was just being polite. To be honest, I have two groups of people I never try to date or at least try not to take seriously:

(1) Single Mothers
(2) Waitresses / Barmaids

The worst part about waitresses is that they'll feign interest while you are there, even if you aren't their table... it's an act, all part of the act. Maybe the next time you go there, she'll be your waitress... and bam, fat tip.

As a former bartender myself, I know how this works. And they know how to work it, but once the shift is over, they'll talk all about the guys who bought them drinks, sent them flowers, promised them fancy things, etc, etc, etc...

I'm actually surprised that she even texted you at all and responded in the first place. Maybe she was just being polite and being grateful for the flowers... but in all honesty, that was a little too Hollywood-ish and over the top. Do you think you are the only one who has sent her anything after just one night of seeing her?

Honestly, consider this a lesson learned and move on. She's not worth it. If you were truly that memorable to her, you would have never had to send flowers in the first place.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to Iceberg.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop stalking her.

You made your play (a poor one) and she has yet to respond in kind.

Move along before you embarrass yourself even more.