Is she lying to prove a point?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a bust up with my girlfriend. She had a haircut and I was teasing her about it and she got really upset and said I don't appreciate her and am just insulting and broke up with me on the spot.

We have a pretty volatile relationship. One of us gets angry, breaks up with the other, and then calms down and tries to reconcile. So I do not take her "break ups" that seriously.

Last night I was in a bad state as I knew she had gone to a party and I knew she was still angry at me. She came back late and said she had kissed a boy and at least he appreciated her, and was talking about how she felt powerful because other men were so attracted to her.

Now she says she was just making it up to make a point and wants to make up.

Im not sure what to believe.

killahpl

Don Juan
Reaction score
If those were her words, namely that she felt powerful because other men attracted to her, than she lied about the kissing bit, only to make you feel ****ty that other guys appreciated her new haircut while you didn't.

The above is just an educated guess, obviously, based on what little information is available.

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have laid down the rules to begin with. Constantly breaking up out of being angry and bull**** should be unacceptable in the first place. They'd get away with it once, but after that I'd tell them they can play in the sandpit alone if they do it again.

But, no idea if she made out with someone else or is lying, but I'd man the f*ck up if I were you and lay down some rules. Either put her in her place or dump her with 'you cheated, kbie'.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****

She broke up with you because you teased her about her hair? She kissed someone else? Now she wants to make up?

Wtf. If she kissed someone else, then how the hell does she expect to 'make up'?

Dump her on the spot for good if she really cheated on you. If she admits to to lying, then make sure she knows u will dump her immediately if she lies to you like that or tries to break up with you over some bs.

Crazy ho needs to be slapped asap. You need to train her better and beat some fear into her.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this girl is a bit of a compulsive liar so who knows if she really cheated. The fact that she told me without even a trace of guilt made me think she just did it for attention trying to make the point she is desirable.

Anyway Im ignoring her completely and it is hilarious. She started off texting me saying "Come Online". Then called me a few times and I let the phone ring. Then she texted me saying "I forgive you-let's make up". I ignored that and now at midnight she is just ringing continuously and im just loving it watching the phone go off and just ignoring it.

I do not know what to do. I have no real way of knowing the truth. Certainly if I take her back I want to be in the driving seat and tell her she gets one more chance and any BS and its over for good.

Are there any ways of finding out if she is lying or not?

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find eye witnesses from the party?

The fact that she apparantly has to forgive you and then wants to make up sounds like you got some PDB girl on your hands here. Ditch her and find a better one that has more respect for you.

B. Fierce

Don Juan
Reaction score
In a world where I embrace and enjoy life
Matt Rogers said:
Are there any ways of finding out if she is lying or not?

Ask yourself this:

"Even if I figure out the truth how can I trust this girl again?"

I would ditch her and find someone better.

Let someone else worry about her "compulsive lies". :D

Good Luck....

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well predictably after ten missed calls, she sent me a text saying she was making it all up and just was angry after not seeing each other for a while the first thing I did when i saw her was make fun of her boyfriend and she wanted me to think other men liked her haircut.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude!

This girl is nuts!:crazy:

With all the game playing and lying, how do you put up with her? More importantly...WHY DO YOU PUT UP WITH HER????

Dump her and find some one you can trust.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Constantly breaking up out of being angry and bull**** should be unacceptable in the first place.
I totally agree with this. However, read the original post, he says he does it too. Sounds like both parties could use a little more maturity. I agree with Kingsam. This does not sound like a healthy relationship at all. Whether or not she kissed a guy seems like the least of their problems.