Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is she flaking?

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Greetings,

So I met this girl about 3 months ago at the gym that worked at the front desk and I recognized her from my previous gym 2 years ago. We started talking but I didn't make anything out of it as I was in a relationship at that time. Well...things went sour with my ex and so I started to talk to this girl even more. Everytime I talk to her she would twirl her hair. I asked her twice to step outside to talk and she did and that's when she put her arms out and wanted to give me a big hug around the neck. We would text during this time but her texts were very short or cutoff. One time I checked in at the front desk but she was helping another member and so I texted her and said,"I saw you were busy so didn't want to bother you." She replied with,"You can bother me anytime!"

Two weeks ago I asked if she wanted to go to lunch and she was excited and said Yes! I then called her middle of the week to see if she wanted to meet at the resturant or pick her up at work and she said,"I'm not a high maintenance girl but can you pick me up?" So I picked her up and had a fun lunch and again she was twirling her hair during lunch. We forgot to track time as we were having a good convo going that we past her lunch hour and she was late going back to work. When I dropped her off she gave me another big hug in the car and told me to text her anytime. I told her lets do lunch again soon and she said Yes!

I called her last Tuesday to see if she wanted to go to lunch again but she said not last week but then she offered (by heself)this Friday instead. I called her again today if this friday looks good for her but then she said Friday is still awhile away (only 2 days?) and she has to ask her boss if she can get out. I do remember on our lunch 2 weeks ago, she had text her boss updates when she'll be back. She then said she'll text me if she can Friday. I played it cool and acted as if it's no big deal and just told her to just text me once she knows.

So in your opinion, do you think she's flaking or telling the truth? Your thoughts...TIA!

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Things are progressing far far far far far too slowly. 3 months?! I appreciate that you were in a relationship at the beginning but once you got out you needed to ramp things up a lot more and make the most out of the first date.

It's clear that she once had high interest in you and has some degree of interest in you now, but between how long it took to go from "talking" to actually going on a date and when you finally did go on that date, not escalating physically (beyond what you already had done before... a hug), her interest is much lower.

Whenever I was in these situations in the past, I was cooked. A girl only waits for so long. As a last ditch effort, I'd get rid of the whole lunch date thing. You already did it. She's got work on her mind and you're limited to what you can do during normal work hours. Do drinks or some kind of action date at night where she won't have her boss breathing down her neck and you can escalate further than just a hug.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
BillyBoy said:
Greetings,

Judge nismo here to review your case.

So I met this girl about 3 months ago at the gym that worked at the front desk and I recognized her from my previous gym 2 years ago. We started talking but I didn't make anything out of it as I was in a relationship at that time. Well...things went sour with my ex and so I started to talk to this girl even more. Everytime I talk to her she would twirl her hair. I asked her twice to step outside to talk and she did and that's when she put her arms out and wanted to give me a big hug around the neck. We would text during this time but her texts were very short or cutoff. One time I checked in at the front desk but she was helping another member and so I texted her and said,"I saw you were busy so didn't want to bother you." She replied with,"You can bother me anytime!"

The girls at the front desk at the gym are usually attention wh0res. It seems like this girl is just that. Call her bluff early on. And don't rely on IOI's so much, as they really have a null value. IOD's however, are more reliable.

Two weeks ago I asked if she wanted to go to lunch and she was excited and said Yes! I then called her middle of the week to see if she wanted to meet at the restaurant or pick her up at work and she said, "I'm not a high maintenance girl but can you pick me up?" So I picked her up and had a fun lunch and again she was twirling her hair during lunch. We forgot to track time as we were having a good convo going that we past her lunch hour and she was late going back to work. When I dropped her off she gave me another big hug in the car and told me to text her anytime. I told her lets do lunch again soon and she said Yes!

I need some details here. It seems good, AFAICT. But why didn't you go for the kiss if not the lay?

I called her last Tuesday to see if she wanted to go to lunch again but she said not last week but then she offered (by herself) this Friday instead. I called her again today if this friday looks good for her but then she said Friday is still awhile away (only 2 days?) and she has to ask her boss if she can get out. I do remember on our lunch 2 weeks ago, she had text her boss updates when she'll be back. She then said she'll text me if she can Friday. I played it cool and acted as if it's no big deal and just told her to just text me once she knows.

Go ghost on her until then. She'll text you if you were worth remembering. Don't you think she'll remember to text Brad Pitt?

So in your opinion, do you think she's flaking or telling the truth? Your thoughts...TIA!

AFAIC, you're on the backburner. As in if something better comes along, look out! So don't hold your breath on this one and spin more plates.
Read between the lines. Don't linger on this one girl. When a girl finds out she's your only option/ one, she stops being such. Go talk to more chicks. BTW, the window of attraction may have closed on you. You need to start moving things quickly and at your pace.

I'll leave this case open for more points.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice is simply: Fvck lunch dates!
The chances of a chick being willing to make out and/or fvck are greatly diminished in broad daylight.
Night-time dates open up far more possibilities including the introduction of booze.
Fvck lunch dates!