Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is male depression mostly linked to lack of female companionship?

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ever directly tell a chic that you "don't want to talk about something at this point" on a first date. Doing so raises red flags and makes her feel more uneasy and that you might not be a safe prospect. She will think you are hiding something.
What about if it isn’t on a first date? Is it still a bad idea to say it that way even if the past relationships topic gets brought up on a subsequent date?
You can use the "I don't kiss and tell line". But be sure to smile big and make some funny gesture/touch them or something to disarm her when you do. Expressions and personal gestures are more powerful than words.
I guess that would be better than just adamantly saying you’re not gonna talk about that right now because if you get defensive, it will just make her even more curious about your past I’m guessing?

If she asks about your past relationship and it was 10yrs ago, just say you have been focused on your work, family, hobby, etc and haven't really been serious about dating but were seeing a girl a while back. Tell her you would rather be with the right person and thats what you are hoping to find. And then immediately redirect the question to her.
For me it wasn’t 10 years ago, I have never been in a relationship or even dated a girl casually. Would it be better to just say dating was never a priority instead of saying I’ve been out of dating for awhile considering that?

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read anything past the first page in this thread.

Anyone claiming they cannot gain weight - is not actually trying to. Same goes for those claiming they cannot lose weight.

Same thing goes for any guy saying he cannot talk to girls, or lose his inceldom status.
The irony of all these things, is that you are literally choosing to not do the things you know you need to do, and are "involuntarily" celibate as a result.

Fvcking clowns.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't gain weight. Tried eating at an all-you-can-eat buffet and eating eggs and muscle milk, before working out.
Eat 6 boiled eggs a day along with oatmeal in the morning, get in 2 chicken breasts and Greek yogurt, go to the grocery store every day, learn the time they discount stuff to save money, use it same day it you have to

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@needimprovement250
What about if it isn’t on a first date? Is it still a bad idea to say it that way even if the past relationships topic gets brought up on a subsequent date?
I wouldn't provide full disclosure until there is some sort of committment between you two. Keep it fun and light and you can keep most of that stuff at bay.

I guess that would be better than just adamantly saying you’re not gonna talk about that right now because if you get defensive, it will just make her even more curious about your past I’m guessing?
Yes, they are always looking for ways to disqualify you early on. They have many options and thats how they weed out guys. Its better to get the hook set and have them eating out of your hand. Once they start to develop feelings they overlook a lot of things. Your goal is to develop a connection that allows those feelings to develop. You want the love drugs(hormones) to kick in.

For me it wasn’t 10 years ago, I have never been in a relationship or even dated a girl casually. Would it be better to just say dating was never a priority instead of saying I’ve been out of dating for awhile considering that?
Don't say you have never been in a relationship. Simply say you dated a few girls in the past and other things in life got in the way so they never really went anywhere.

Its no different than going to a job interview. You don't tell the company things that make you look bad.

Women are notorious for not being honest and forthcoming for who they are.
1. they all wear makeup to hide their blemishes and look more youthful than they really are.
2. they all wear heels to look taller and thinner.
3. they all wear padded bras, pushup bras or have fake t!ts so they appear more impressive than they really are.
4. Lots have hair extensions, lip injections, crows feet injections, etc.

They are NEVER forthcoming about any of that. They don't want to blow themselves out and risk you not liking them.

So why in the hell should you be worried about your lack of relationship history. YOU SHOULDN'T. Go hustle up some girls, and start dating. You can fix your problem really quick. Instead you sit here overanalyzing schitt in your head too much.

Stop thinking of excuses of why you shouldn't do things. Start thinking of reasons of why you should do things. Blow thru that mental roadblock you are creating for yourself.

When in doubt, go for it. If you crash and burn, so what. I've crashed and burned many times. I'm still here.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are notorious for not being honest and forthcoming for who they are.
1. they all wear makeup to hide their blemishes and look more youthful than they really are.
2. they all wear heels to look taller and thinner.
3. they all wear padded bras, pushup bras or have fake t!ts so they appear more impressive than they really are.
4. Lots have hair extensions, lip injections, crows feet injections, etc.

They are NEVER forthcoming about any of that. They don't want to blow themselves out and risk you not liking them.
The advantage of doing shibari with them is that they cannot really hide when they're naked and tied up. ;)

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OP I know that you think all of this is important, but I have news for you: it isn’t.

You’re sitting here in analysis. Stop thinking and start doing. None of the crap you’re wondering about is going to get you a date, get dates first, if you struggle in the dates come to us for answers. Frankly I think you’re not having success even getting dates. First things first.

And if you are, you’re talking too much. Lie about your past, just do it. You’re in extenuating circumstances, embellish the truth and get past this block you have in your head. If you get them in bed and you suck, the only thing that will help is experience happens to most men, they simply suck at sex, some improve but it’s linked to experience.

Stop bellyaching and overthinking. Get dates, get laid, forget LTRs for now, get some leg.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a thought :confused:

You don't get envious (at least I don't) when you see another guy that makes more money than you, is more jacked, has a bigger home or drives a nicer car.

However, you will get envious (at least I do) of the attractive woman by his side and sometimes it seems like every other guy out there is in a happy relationship but yourself.

Yes, I think most male depression is linked to struggling with the opposite sex.
1713255741572.png

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

That's like saying, not being filthy rich leads to a depression. Or not having a 22 y.o insta models in your roster. It can obviously be tied together, but that is on the individual man himself to let it determine how he views himself..

The biggest myth is that a woman will make you happy. Blackpill incels are actually hyper aware of this, they just don't know how to enter the " sweet spot" where a tasking job like getting and keeping women is within their control. Very quickly they'll feel like the experience from the opposite sex is somehow negative, even if it simply due to the lack of attention from women.

If anything, being overly reliant on women will DEFINITELY make you unhappy. Been there waaaaay too many times.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anything, being overly reliant on women will DEFINITELY make you unhappy. Been there waaaaay too many times.
This.

they just don't know how to enter the " sweet spot" where a tasking job like getting and keeping women is within their control.
You have to have the ability to walk away, to have other options, to keep the balance.

You shouldn't need to walk away from a relationship, but if you need to leave a bad relationship, you need to have other options.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read anything past the first page in this thread.

Anyone claiming they cannot gain weight - is not actually trying to. Same goes for those claiming they cannot lose weight.

Same thing goes for any guy saying he cannot talk to girls, or lose his inceldom status.
The irony of all these things, is that you are literally choosing to not do the things you know you need to do, and are "involuntarily" celibate as a result.

Fvcking clowns.
Can't gain weight. Tried eating at an all-you-can-eat buffet and eating eggs and muscle milk, before working out.

In addition I've also tried eating sweet potatoes at buffets too at some time.

All it did is made me excess crap so...
Eat 6 boiled eggs a day along with oatmeal in the morning, get in 2 chicken breasts and Greek yogurt, go to the grocery store every day, learn the time they discount stuff to save money, use it same day it you have to

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
All these topics remind me of a meme I saw the other day.

The meme was set in Mexico and it showed a black man talking to a Mexican girl. The caption read something like, 'The Haitian man just arrived in your country, bought a car, landed a job, and now he's got a girlfriend while you're still living with your parents.'

I do not remember if it was 'still living with your parents' or 'what are you doing with your life,' but the message is still the same. It shows how some people are taking action and making progress, while others are stuck in negative spirals, filled with 'can'ts' and 'won'ts' in their vocabulary.

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score

Have you tried eating pop-tarts constantly? That will bulk you quickly.

Sweet potatoes are low in calories and it is meant for cutting.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

That's like saying, not being filthy rich leads to a depression. Or not having a 22 y.o insta models in your roster. It can obviously be tied together, but that is on the individual man himself to let it determine how he views himself..

The biggest myth is that a woman will make you happy. Blackpill incels are actually hyper aware of this, they just don't know how to enter the " sweet spot" where a tasking job like getting and keeping women is within their control. Very quickly they'll feel like the experience from the opposite sex is somehow negative, even if it simply due to the lack of attention from women.

Actually. having a woman makes me happy. .

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. Even if it's on a level of an aquaintence, friendship, or OnlyFans girl. I actually felt happy at work yesterday based on a chat with an OF-girl I'm still talking to. When you feel like you can say anything, even if it's totally off the wall, and not be judged for being creepy or wierd and get nice/positive messages back, and know this girl is real (ie don't worry I'm not stupid) then it does make me feel happy too. You've got a vote from an incel.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saying you don't kiss and tell with a wink should be good enough. There are also a number of people who have had a number of short term experiences but have no long term relationship. If you need to have been in a relationship for at least a year, that would disqualify allot of guys on here including myself. You can't worry about a woman's questions/standareds too much. People fib around all the time, that is why it's called game or fake it until you make it.
This shouldn't be the kiss of death if she’s into you. Years ago. I was just starting to date an early ‘20s coworker. I was in my 30s. She said ‘Is something wrong with you? You’re not married.’. I got furious and cut contact. She called me up, crying & apologized. We went on to have a LTR.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

... so you ate a caloric surplus a couple times and concluded that the laws of thermodynamics just don't apply to you..?

Fvck outta here dude. I hate this victim mentality sh*t that's infecting people we used to call "men".

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. Even if it's on a level of an aquaintence, friendship, or OnlyFans girl. I actually felt happy at work yesterday based on a chat with an OF-girl I'm still talking to. When you feel like you can say anything, even if it's totally off the wall, and not be judged for being creepy or wierd and get nice/positive messages back, and know this girl is real (ie don't worry I'm not stupid) then it does make me feel happy too. You've got a vote from an incel.
Ofcourse I get joy from being around the right woman. Just like I enjoy driving a Lambo.

But the question was whether a man's depression is tied to not having a woman. I think that's way too much. A man who believes that a woman will save him hasn't been with women on a intense level, like living together, marriage ,and / or kids.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... so you ate a caloric surplus a couple times and concluded that the laws of thermodynamics just don't apply to you..?

Fvck outta here dude. I hate this victim mentality sh*t that's infecting people we used to call "men".
I think it's genetics. I've been skinny all my life, whether I fast or eat at buffets daily.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
You don't get envious (at least I don't) when you see another guy that makes more money than you, is more jacked, has a bigger home or drives a nicer car.
No, but lots of us do become envious when we recall a court of law acquitting Eddie Gallagher for sticking a K-Bar knife through the heart of a scrawny 16 year old ISIS fighter, then think to ourselves:

"There's no way in hell I could do the exact same thing to any of The Crips or Vatos Locos who are constantly hanging around in front of Safe Way, pestering me for change. Where the f-ck did I go wrong in my life?" ;)