Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is it true that married men get soft over the years ?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
The biggest reason I took fewer risks was having kids. When you are only responsible for YOU, it doesn't matter. When you are contemplating your kids sleeping in your car???

But would you say you are "soft" or "timid"? No of course not. There is a difference between not putting your family at risk of house and home and being soft and timid. It's an insult to assume that a man who puts the welfare of his family first is soft and timid. Ask any of those men who serve in the military with families if they are soft and timid. Ask any firefighter, or cop, or hell a plumber for that matter. Or a computer programmer. No. Soft and timid men are exactly that regardless of if they are married or not.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I wasn't soft. BUT I did judge risks differently. I was probably in better shape when I was married.... I had alot of anger and frustration to work off so I didn't kill the b1tch. Now? lift for me... to stay in shape. I don't lift to put on a bunch of muscle to try to attract another one.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
No, I wasn't soft. BUT I did judge risks differently.
Of course. A man with a family does. This is why the OP is full of it. but judging risk different because you are responsible for more lives than your own is a lot different than being timid.

That's like saying A general is timid because he's not as bold as a foot soldier. A general has bigger concerns and so does the head of a household. Now a timid general is gonna be timid regardless. But not all generals are timid.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would suggest anyone who ever wants to achieve antyhing in life, to not get married until they are either where they want to be, or damn, damn on the way to being there. Nothing kills ambition like kids and marriage.

Even the best, most supporting of wives, aren't going to be as ambitious, as daring and risk taking as the normal successful person. looking back on my life, there is no way in hell i could have kept a woman in my teens/verily early 20's, she wouldn't have stuck around for all that ****.

I am dealing with a guy nbw, the guy is seriously, talented. It's a damn shame. The guy just got married in November, the guy is so good, I am willing to basically let him handle ammy grahpic work I do, and pay her per job. It would be about a 5-6k gig a month for him. Right now, he makes, after taxes, 1500 a month. Right now he's taking a job here or there, and knocking them out the park when he gets the time to do them. I sat down with him and his wife.. his wife wants the security of the paycheck that his job offers. And the guy hates his damn job with a passion. I couldn't do anything but shake my head.

I agree with warrior on this one. Fact is, when you have kids, and ar married, you have to look out for them. It's not the woman's fault lol, the key is, to simply not take on that responsibility when you are still in risk taking mode in life. no you should not be emptying the savings account if you have 2 kids at home lol. But it's nto the kids or the wife's fault, you should have not had kids if you have ambitions as well.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen several examples of men gone soft. My father friends became timid over the years. They were once out spoken, articulate men who adhere to principles of right or wrong to protect family. Then these same men over the years allowed bully co-workers harassed :woo: them at work, taunting them. They scared to complain to HR dept or upper management.

My father, in his younger days, never accept bullies but he submit to their demands at work. The bullies are often managers at the company. My father is afraid to move to another company since he might not get good references from the managers.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't care about getting a little bit soft with age. Now if I get limp - that's a problem.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74, whats with you and your post. If something doesn't agree with you you get all defensive. You need to get off the high horse your making a complete puss out of yourself grow up already.

Powerlifter

Warrior74 said:
You insult men like my father with this statement. You are 44 and understand nothing.

Big Overseas 1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Married guys gettin' soft? I don't know about that. My older brother is a married guy and he takes more chances and takes bigger risks now than he used to before he got married.

Told me he stepped up his ambitions to meet the responsibilities of being the head of the house, to take care of his wife and kids.

I wouldn't think of him or guys like him as soft.

lordtwiggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Picard,
I think it's more towards the individual than generalizing that most men get soft after marriage.
If you see here itself, you can see many individuals with very different attitudes and so on.
Same goes to the men who get soft after marriage or is already soft before marriage itself, it's the individual, not all fall in the same category.
It can also be the result of upbringing, the ones that become soft have probably been raised to believe in that pattern....most of us are after all, a generation of men raised by women....
Just my 2 cents :)

lordtwiggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Picard,
I think it's more towards the individual than generalizing that most men get soft after marriage.
If you see here itself, you can see many individuals with very different attitudes and so on.
Same goes to the men who get soft after marriage or is already soft before marriage itself, it's the individual, not all fall in the same category.
It can also be the result of upbringing, the ones that become soft have probably been raised to believe in that pattern....most of us are after all, a generation of men raised by women....
Just my 2 cents :)

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Overseas 1 said:
Married guys gettin' soft? I don't know about that. My older brother is a married guy and he takes more chances and takes bigger risks now than he used to before he got married.

Told me he stepped up his ambitions to meet the responsibilities of being the head of the house, to take care of his wife and kids.

I wouldn't think of him or guys like him as soft.
I guess your brother has strong energy. My father was exhausted.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it comes down to the type of woman a man marries. If she is humble then the man will continue as he was before the marriage but if she is a stud and he was a mare then common sense will tell you what will happen in that marriage until help arrives.

Marriage has never been on my radar I have nothing to worry about my manhood remains hard.

Powerlifter

StevieD

Banned
Reaction score
Espi you actively use steroids and even try to promote that they are healthy. Your posts are meaningless