Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it possible to play soccer once or twice and Bulk up in the same time...?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are being WAY too vague in what you're saying.

Here's an example of a question that we can actually help you with:

"Is it possible to play soccer for 2 hours straight, at moderate intensity, 1-2 times a week, and still bulk up?"

As for the nutritional program, that's another vague question. What are your goals? It sounds like you're trying to bulk up, but beyond that - what weight are you at now? Age? Height? % of Body Fat? What's your daily caloric intake currently? Do you currently diet (No, not Atkins :rolleyes: - do you watch what you eat closely?)

Please, be specific when you repost.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by [T]he ishop
You are being WAY too vague in what you're saying.

Here's an example of a question that we can actually help you with:

"Is it possible to play soccer for 2 hours straight, at moderate intensity, 1-2 times a week, and still bulk up?"

As for the nutritional program, that's another vague question. What are your goals? It sounds like you're trying to bulk up, but beyond that - what weight are you at now? Age? Height? % of Body Fat? What's your daily caloric intake currently? Do you currently diet (No, not Atkins :rolleyes: - do you watch what you eat closely?)

Please, be specific when you repost.

Yeah i want to bulk up and play soccer like 1-2 hrs straight 1 or 2 times a week .

Im 140 lbs now and i want to reach 150 to 155 lbs . im 1.74 cm , 21 yrs , 8% bf mmmmm

I would like to have a nutritional program cz of this , in my country the caloric value of food like (lean meat , chicken breast , fish , turkey etc...) isn't written on its cover , actually most of the ppl here aren't precise in how amny calories they consume or take , so it's kinda difficult to perform a nutirional program . i want to have both , work-out program like Diesel's one which isn't clear as well as a Nutritional program.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have a nutritional programm for you now sorry, but yea it should be possible. Ive bulked up succesfully and Ive always played basketball like once a week for 2 hours or so. There were times when I played basketball like 3 times a week and hardly (if at all?) didnt make any progress, but Im pretty confident the only reason for that was that I didnt change anything about my eating habits. I should have eaten those up to 1000 calories more each additional play that I played sports, but I didnt, thus I didnt consume more calories than I was eating, thus no bulking. Im gonna increase the number of times that I play ball a week (but I will eat more on these days!) and see if its working..cause actually Id like to play ball like 4 or 5 days a week..but I cant really imagine that its not possible, cause otherwise heavyweight boxers like mike tyson or track runners like dwayne chambers wouldnt be as big and really succesfull at whay they do.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you play full field soccer for 90 minutes, I can almost be sure you will not gain much muscle mass. Soccer is all about endurance and with all the running you have in a game (about 15km of jogging and sprinting) you will lose muscle mass as well as fat.

When you see soccer playings celebrating a goal and take off their shirt, you see they are very cut, with little muscle. When you are running 15km a game 1 kilo of less fat/muscle always helps you last longer.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you play full field soccer for 90 minutes, I can almost be sure you will not gain much muscle mass.
Good argument, but basketball players probably burn as much calories and a lot of them are pretty muscular...or well have u ever seen a big football / rugby player? cause I have..actually most of them are pretty damn big. I bet u they dont really run less than soccer players. Besides if that kid wants to only play soccer once or twice a week for 2hours straight or so, which would be 2-4 hours a week he doesnt even come close to running as much as those athlets I just mentioned. Another example would be all those heavy weight boxers who train for endurance by rope skipping, running and jogging plus boxing pretty much each and every day.

How do they do it?

Soccer is all about endurance and with all the running you have in a game (about 15km of jogging and sprinting) you will lose muscle mass as well as fat.
If u dont change your eating habits you will (most likely) lose muscle mass as well as fat. Right. You know why? Because you burn more calories and thus (most likely) burn more calories than u eat. If u start eating more though and thus eat more calories than you burn again, you can make up for that and gain mass.

When you see soccer playings celebrating a goal and take off their shirt, you see they are very cut, with little muscle. When you are running 15km a game 1 kilo of less fat/muscle always helps you last longer.
Seedorf, Figo, some african players Ive seen...ok they are no bodybuilders but they're still big compared to the average person, not just cut.

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take in more calories than you expell - thats how simple it is.

If you play soccer, run, whatever, and want to bulk...eat more.

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are your arguements based on facts now gentlemen?

Anyways The Bartender is correct.

The point is to:

Take in more calories than you burn.
NOT THAT HARD IS IT NOW?

No........so eat more genius.

www.fitday.com (if it still works)
to go track your calorie intake

HB_Hunter - I don't see any mention of weight training in your posts. Weight training is essential for stimulating muscle hypertrophy. Read this :
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

I also post on that site........but under a different username which I choose not to disclose at the moment. PM me if you need anymore help, I rarely check this forum.

P­ornography

Don Juan
Reaction score
madgame said:
Good argument, but basketball players probably burn as much calories and a lot of them are pretty muscular...or well have u ever seen a big football / rugby player? cause I have..actually most of them are pretty damn big. I bet u they dont really run less than soccer players. Besides if that kid wants to only play soccer once or twice a week for 2hours straight or so, which would be 2-4 hours a week he doesnt even come close to running as much as those athlets I just mentioned. Another example would be all those heavy weight boxers who train for endurance by rope skipping, running and jogging plus boxing pretty much each and every day.

How do they do it?

If u dont change your eating habits you will (most likely) lose muscle mass as well as fat. Right. You know why? Because you burn more calories and thus (most likely) burn more calories than u eat. If u start eating more though and thus eat more calories than you burn again, you can make up for that and gain mass.

Seedorf, Figo, some african players Ive seen...ok they are no bodybuilders but they're still big compared to the average person, not just cut.
I'd imagine that Soccer uses more cardio as the fields are bigger, and you use your legs/feet a lot. Don't want to get into an argument of sport vs sport

but I'm looking to bulk up as well, using a soccer workout. I was hoping the site had some type of good Soccer plan, but I might have to look elsewhere lol. All I know is that preparing for the tryouts is a LOT of endurance like a poster mentioned. I think weightlifting is hardly correlated with soccer at all, yet I see buff/cut up 8 pack abs soccer players and I'm like what the hell.....anyway

My real question is

---

Should you shave your legs for soccer

(also if someone could recommend me a great workout plan for soccer training i'd be much appreciative, but if not don't sweat I am searching the internet EXTENSIVELY)

Rookie_son

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been playing Soccer since I was 5 years old 3-4 times a week, you will have no problem bulking up and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, all you need to focus on is whats going into your body as naturally you will have to eat more but it wont be liking your forcing it, as running gets you nice and hungry anyway.