Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it oke to ask a random girl out by Facebook?

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
During Halloween last year i´ve met a woman, a sort of friend of my former neighbour. We chatted up, made fun and she touched me a lot. In that time i was in a relationship so i didn´t do anything.
Now i am single for a while and haven´t seen her since that Halloween. So last thursday i decided to look her up on facebook and send her a short message and asked her for having a drink together. No response from her so far.
My question: is it oke to ask a ´random´ girl out who is having no mutual friends on facebook and infact doesn´t know me? Or is it annoying to woman?
What´s your opinion?

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really, It shows that you have no options, which is the death of attraction. When you are asking girls out by FB its saying you have no RL options in front of you. SO go get some RL options.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, it might show i have no other options. On the other hand she doesn´t know if i have other options or not. In RL i do. To me, this was the only way to get in contact with her. But i am not sure it´s the good way.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
D#mn, after a littlebit of research on the internet i found out that when you don´t have Mutual friends on facebook your send message gets into the box ´overige´ (don´t know the English word for it). This means the message is not in her IN box and that she didn´t receive this message in her email account. She is not really active on FB, it might take weeks before she notices my message...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she sees you as attractive, do you really think that she cares what method of communication you use?

Just send her a friendly message and see how she responds and put the issue to rest already.

Remember, anything you do is only weird/creepy if she doesn't think that you're attractive.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
It´s nighttime over here now. Tomorrow i add her as a friend with a little personal message (friend of your friend blah blah). My previous message will automatically pop up in her In box. If she accepts me...

I am sure she found me attractive during Halloween, so we will see how she responds.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Too much time went by, chances are she doesn't remember you, and you seem like a major stalker. Make your way somehow to bump into her. Ask her in person, and leave that Facebook büllṣhit for girls and high school kids.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
I wouldn't. Too much time went by, chances are she doesn't remember you, and you seem like a major stalker. Make your way somehow to bump into her. Ask her in person, and leave that Facebook büllṣhit for girls and high school kids.
True that too much time went by, i do not believe she wouldn´t remember me though. As i said, i haven´t seen her since then and i don´t know where i have to bump into her.

What makes you seem i am a major stalker? That i am sending one message to an unknown person? So make your way somehow to bump into her like stalking?

When i ask here for advice i would like to receive opinions about the thread, not about how you perceive me.

gh15

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats funny because facebook worked for me.

there was a girl I met in the past who I thought was cute but never hit on her. randomly bumped into her in the streets couple weeks, sent a short friendly "hey good seeing you the other day" and ended up getting her number and taking her out.

If she thinks you're cute, doesn't really matter what form of communication you use...(at least these days). Just be cool and casual about it.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met and asked out girls over facebook but I dont anymore simply because I find it a bit try hard. But I guess if you're never going to see her again, just take the shot

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LittleBigOne said:
True that too much time went by, i do not believe she wouldn´t remember me though. As i said, i haven´t seen her since then and i don´t know where i have to bump into her.

What makes you seem i am a major stalker? That i am sending one message to an unknown person? So make your way somehow to bump into her like stalking?

When i ask here for advice i would like to receive opinions about the thread, not about how you perceive me.

Correction..I meant to say you may "seem to appear" as a stalker for contacting after a while on Facebooki. My mistake.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Correction..I meant to say you may "seem to appear" as a stalker for contacting after a while on Facebooki. My mistake.
That´s oke. And to be honest, i do have the fear to seem appear as a stalker when i add her and she notices my message. So far i didn´t add her.

But back to the topic: Is it oke to ask a random girl out by facebook?

ps: for the don juans here who have the idea to do something like this: Be aware that the message might not be noticed when you are not friends with the receiver when she is rarely on facebook, the receiver doesn´t receive a message in her mailbox and the message stays hidden outside the INbox of facebook!