Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it just me, or...

Matthew Lyon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else here notice they have very few guy friends, if any at all, when learning how to get better with women. This may mean just yourself going out most nights to bars and actively dating women. I've noticed that I don't hang out with guys almost at all and usually am with a woman. I just feel like I don't need them and they reduce my chances of meeting women.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a lot of guy friends...and often I have the most success with women when I'm "out with the guys." Having good friends (read: guys who are also good with women) as your wingmen can be invaluable. When women see a group of guys out, having the time of their lives, that don't really care what anybody else thinks, and don't appear to be actively trying to "pick up" they melt like butter. I have a great dynamic with many of my guy friends, we just go out and have a good time...women flock to this. One of the most attractive things to women is guys that are FUN! They see you and your friends out having FUN, and they want to have FUN too!

Always always always have great success with women when I'm out with my buddies. I should probably note, SOME of my buddies I wouldn't go out with if I were interested in picking up women...while others are the best wingmen in the business.

Cherokee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have a select few male friends, and these are my very best friends who have been there for me many times.

On the other hand, I don't have an amazing amount of female friends either...
more like acquaintances

Theres an old saying, that goes something like, whats the need for a hundred mediocre friends, when one good friend is worth a million times more.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Matthew Lyon said:
Is it just me or does anyone else here notice they have very few guy friends, if any at all, when learning how to get better with women. This may mean just yourself going out most nights to bars and actively dating women. I've noticed that I don't hang out with guys almost at all and usually am with a woman. I just feel like I don't need them and they reduce my chances of meeting women.
I have few guy friends and prefer to work alone as far as meeting women. I'm an introvert so working alone works better for me. I am forced to approach because I don't have the comfort zone of a buddy to hang out with. (With a buddy, it is easy to chat with him all night and procrastinate as far as meeting women.) Plus I don't have to worry about a more outgoing or better looking friend stealing the girls' attention.

If I'm having a bad night, I'm not embarassed in front of friends. I can stay late or leave early or bounce venues without worrying about what anyone else thinks.

I have ONLY pulled when I was alone. For some guys, the friends or wingman thing works great. It never worked for me, not even once.

Matthew Lyon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I have few guy friends and prefer to work alone as far as meeting women. I'm an introvert so working alone works better for me. I am forced to approach because I don't have the comfort zone of a buddy to hang out with. (With a buddy, it is easy to chat with him all night and procrastinate as far as meeting women.) Plus I don't have to worry about a more outgoing or better looking friend stealing the girls' attention.

If I'm having a bad night, I'm not embarassed in front of friends. I can stay late or leave early or bounce venues without worrying about what anyone else thinks.

I have ONLY pulled when I was alone. For some guys, the friends or wingman thing works great. It never worked for me, not even once.
Nice, we share almost the exact same personalities as far as I can tell.

In all honesty, do you have little, moderate or much success with picking up women? For me, it's moderate. I'm not always looking to get laid when I go out, usually just to drink and have a good time. Sometimes I take, like you said, a friend or two with me, which is rare, mostly it's 1 friend.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I have few guy friends and prefer to work alone as far as meeting women. I'm an introvert so working alone works better for me.
If there is a big group of guys that hang out, this can be attractive to a woman, because she can see herself as being invited into this large social circle where she can interact with a bunch of guys. It's part of a guy's selling point.

That can be a powerful draw, but it isn't necessary to have that in order to pull. It's just one way. And with the big group, as has been said, there's always the danger that she get attracted to one of the other guys in the group.

Cherokee said:
Theres an old saying, that goes something like, whats the need for a hundred mediocre friends, when one good friend is worth a million times more.
Introverts tend to place more value on a good strong relationship. Extroverts will be often be just as happy with a bunch of acquaintances around, as long as they have people to feed off of and draw energy from. With introverts, large groups tend to drain their energy, so they tend to seek fewer, but closer, relationships.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Matthew Lyon said:

good cause guys get in the way and always try to steel your targets at some point

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a ton of guy friends, but they all tend to be sorta dorky. They never really talk abot women either.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matthew Lyon said:
Nice, we share almost the exact same personalities as far as I can tell.

In all honesty, do you have little, moderate or much success with picking up women? For me, it's moderate. I'm not always looking to get laid when I go out, usually just to drink and have a good time. Sometimes I take, like you said, a friend or two with me, which is rare, mostly it's 1 friend.
My success is moderate. My big sticking point is that I'm not consistent. I have my "hot streaks" followed by "dry spells." However, my understanding is that this is not uncommon in this game.

I have two close guys friends, but they are both married, so we don't go out much. When I would go out with a guy friend, it was usually just one. I'm not the type to "roll" with a big "crew" lol.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
If there is a big group of guys that hang out, this can be attractive to a woman, because she can see herself as being invited into this large social circle where she can interact with a bunch of guys. It's part of a guy's selling point.

That can be a powerful draw, but it isn't necessary to have that in order to pull. It's just one way. And with the big group, as has been said, there's always the danger that she get attracted to one of the other guys in the group.

Introverts tend to place more value on a good strong relationship. Extroverts will be often be just as happy with a bunch of acquaintances around, as long as they have people to feed off of and draw energy from. With introverts, large groups tend to drain their energy, so they tend to seek fewer, but closer, relationships.
Absolutely correct. I'm not knocking the social circle/wingmen method. Some guys do extremely well with it. It is one method (with its pros and cons), but it's not the only method. Working alone also has its pros and cons, but works for some guys.

Your analysis of introverts is spot on. We much prefer one or two close friends than 20 acquaintences. Large groups do drain our energy. It literally tires us out.

I'm more of a "single tasker" than a "multitasker." Despite being an introvert, I can carry on VERY deep, interesting, and detailed conversations with one or two people, but don't ask me to entertain a large group. If multiple people (3+) are trying to talk to me and ask me questions, I will actually start to get annoyed after a while and have to excuse myself. An extrovert, however, would love such a situtation.

Matthew Lyon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Absolutely correct. I'm not knocking the social circle/wingmen method. Some guys do extremely well with it. It is one method (with its pros and cons), but it's not the only method. Working alone also has its pros and cons, but works for some guys.

Your analysis of introverts is spot on. We much prefer one or two close friends than 20 acquaintences. Large groups do drain our energy. It literally tires us out.

I'm more of a "single tasker" than a "multitasker." Despite being an introvert, I can carry on VERY deep, interesting, and detailed conversations with one or two people, but don't ask me to entertain a large group. If multiple people (3+) are trying to talk to me and ask me questions, I will actually start to get annoyed after a while and have to excuse myself. An extrovert, however, would love such a situtation.
<3

I agree that being in large groups drains energy. Weird how that works, haha. It's almost like, "Oh... my... god... my physically energy is almost dissolved!" and you have to sit quietly for half an hour to recharge enough to even carry on a small conversation. Haha.