Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is it ever useful to text?

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
and by texting I mean facebook, MSN, myspace google+... whatever da hell you're into.

the longer conversations in text go, the more boring a personal interaction gets, I've been avoiding facebook and msn like a plague, personal interactions are getting more fun, more interesting.

I also learned that the worst mistake you can do in text is tell one of your good jokes, it really would ruin something that would have made wonders in a personal interaction.

and ground rules... never set a date in a text, never break up in text, so what are texts for?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
and by texting I mean facebook, MSN, myspace google+... whatever da hell you're into.

the longer conversations in text go, the more boring a personal interaction gets, I've been avoiding facebook and msn like a plague, personal interactions are getting more fun, more interesting.

I also learned that the worst mistake you can do in text is tell one of your good jokes, it really would ruin something that would have made wonders in a personal interaction.

and ground rules... never set a date in a text, never break up in text, so what are texts for?
Texting actually has the same use as a phone call, say hi, throw in the date, and then end the conversation.

Too many people try to have entire conversations through text, talk about life, important things, and as f283000 says, talk so much that they actually near the text character limit.

Text should literally be 1 or 2 liners geared towards setting up that date, because no matter how much "comfort" "rapport" and sexual tension you establish over texting it doesn't mean jack unless you did it in person. It just doesn't have the same effect.

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
because no matter how much "comfort" "rapport" and sexual tension you establish over texting it doesn't mean jack unless you did it in person. It just doesn't have the same effect.
exactly, which is why I wonder how come no one ever wrote the magic words"stay da hell away from text"

it would have helped me a lot in the past. I used to think I can live my life on the internet :p

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do online chat. If I want to talk to a girl, we can meet face to face.

The girl I'm seeing now, fortunately for me, doesn't even like talking on the phone (neither do i) we prefer face to face.

We do text over phone 1 or 2 times a day. sometimes more. just a quick how was your day or setting a date for that week.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe you have to get a feel for text messaging. If conversation is flowing or you're escalating, then text away as it can really help the seduction process. However, if you're struggling for things to say or you're just texting day to day stuff, then leave it.

NotAgain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting alllows me to do things while at the same time still keeping in touch with friends. In terms of with woman, I like to keep it brief as others have said to organise dates etc.

Tip: It's a double edged sword too because it is so easy to just send a message. E.g. sent girl I'm NC'd (getting over a HB 9.5 oneitis) a happy birthday message. Kicking myself now because although she has been messaging me, she thinks everything is just fine. I'm trying to get over her so it doesn't help when the replies are lovey dovey etc.

So bottom line?
Texting with friends: good.
Texting with romantic interests: beware.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll add that I like to let her her initiate the first text of the day = you seem less available, gets her thinking about you. makes you look less needy.

But occasionally I'll send the first one.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to text girls ****y/funny/flirty stuff...i.e. it has to have a some kind of purpose...I CANNOT stand chicks who are constantly sending me the most irrelevant things ever like "Ugh I wish class was over" or "I'm watching TV lol".

Like the above poster said...I like to let girls initiate the first message and will then reply based on how easy it is to manipulate into something funny and flirty. A lot of times they'll send me 2-3 in a row and I'll only reply to one.

Keep in mind this does come with years of experience and learning the hard way that sitting around having pointless text conversations is not a good idea. But in general it sure can have its advantages.

YouKnowI'mRight

Don Juan
Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
I don't do online chat. If I want to talk to a girl, we can meet face to face.

The girl I'm seeing now, fortunately for me, doesn't even like talking on the phone (neither do i) we prefer face to face.

We do text over phone 1 or 2 times a day. sometimes more. just a quick how was your day or setting a date for that week.
I do think guys should text and talk on the phone with women as much as possible...it leaves more for the rest of us who actually interact with women. :yes:

------anyway-------

TO GUYS WHO HAVE WOMEN WHO TEXT FOR A WHILE, ABRUPTLY STOP TEXTING FOR A FEW HOURS, THEN VERY LATE IN THE EVENING THEY START TEXTING BACK:

Here's the deal. They're waiting for the guy who's going to screw their brains out to show up (and he might cancel, he's a busy guy!)and need something to do and you're encouraging texting. So, they'll text you guys and then suddenly they'll stop texting abruptly.

They're getting laid. Yup, that's what's going on. Then, when the Cool Guy has to go, the girl starts texting back and saying things like:

"Oh, sorry, I fell asleep" in response to a bunch of "where'd you go?", "are you ok?", "do you like me?", "did I do something wrong?", "can we go out on Saturday?" yadda yadda yadda messages.

Think about that the next time some girl who you're trying to "befriend" pulls that little vanishing act on you....do you really think all those girls have narcolepsy and pass out at 10pm in the middle of a conversation?

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
YouKnowI'mRight said:
I do think guys should text and talk on the phone with women as much as possible...it leaves more for the rest of us who actually interact with women. :yes:

------anyway-------

TO GUYS WHO HAVE WOMEN WHO TEXT FOR A WHILE, ABRUPTLY STOP TEXTING FOR A FEW HOURS, THEN VERY LATE IN THE EVENING THEY START TEXTING BACK:

Here's the deal. They're waiting for the guy who's going to screw their brains out to show up (and he might cancel, he's a busy guy!)and need something to do and you're encouraging texting. So, they'll text you guys and then suddenly they'll stop texting abruptly.

They're getting laid. Yup, that's what's going on. Then, when the Cool Guy has to go, the girl starts texting back and saying things like:

"Oh, sorry, I fell asleep" in response to a bunch of "where'd you go?", "are you ok?", "do you like me?", "did I do something wrong?", "can we go out on Saturday?" yadda yadda yadda messages.

Think about that the next time some girl who you're trying to "befriend" pulls that little vanishing act on you....do you really think all those girls have narcolepsy and pass out at 10pm in the middle of a conversation?

This can be applied to just about anything a girl does.

-She doesn't text back immediately, where is she? Blowing some random dude.

-She flaked, where is she? Fvcking the bad boy with the tattoos.

-She's sick, I hope she's ok. She's fine, just banging her ex.

This can be applied to any situation with a girl, and unfortunately I have heard it so many times i've lost faith and have started to BELIEVE good girls just don't exist.

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
And getting back on topic, I am really starting to hate texting. Used to like it, until it yielded ZERO results. Talking about boring sh!t all day I just don't care about. Sure it's a game, leave them in suspense, do ****y/funny, whatever...

Pick up the phone and talk, ALL guys text these days. I'm not saying there isn't a time and a place, there certainly is; but you need to separate yourself from the rest and call. It keeps THEM on their feet, and if you get a voicemail, leave something memorable and funny. When I call, I ALWAYS assume they won't pick up (they usually do) but if they don't, I have some random planned voicemail in my head to leave about something that "reminded me of them", or "some random funny thing that happened to me". Keep it short, but don't not leave a vm.

Like someone said in a post a while ago, if you text too much you begin to become just a penpal via cell phone screen.

YouKnowI'mRight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fumbduck said:
This can be applied to just about anything a girl does.

-She doesn't text back immediately, where is she? Blowing some random dude.

-She flaked, where is she? Fvcking the bad boy with the tattoos.

-She's sick, I hope she's ok. She's fine, just banging her ex.

This can be applied to any situation with a girl, and unfortunately I have heard it so many times i've lost faith and have started to BELIEVE good girls just don't exist.
You missed what I was communicating, it's not about the girls being good or not, it's about guys being weak and girllike in their behaviors. Guys don't lead much anymore....they just aim for the friendzone and figure they'll use that as a step towards "getting the girl".

Texting is weak. It takes no courage or effort. It's lame. Use it for settings date times, not for seducing or replacing human contact.

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
YouKnowI'mRight said:
You missed what I was communicating, it's not about the girls being good or not, it's about guys being weak and girllike in their behaviors. Guys don't lead much anymore....they just aim for the friendzone and figure they'll use that as a step towards "getting the girl".

Texting is weak. It takes no courage or effort. It's lame. Use it for settings date times, not for seducing or replacing human contact.
I have a girl I want to set up a date with, and for the first time I have no desire to text to set it up. I'm calling her tomorrow afternoon and not getting off the phone until she agrees to a day. LOL she's a spunky girl and we have a good banter that is much better received via phone than text.

I honestly don't know what benefit you can get from texting a girl you aren't in a committed relationship with.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote this nearly a year ago. Good to see more guys coming around and seeing the light.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181001

Most younger girls today have the attention span of a fruitfly, and more demands on their attention than ever before. In such an environment, developing a genuine rapport with a girl whom you just met can seem daunting.

Having said that, I believe the power of building rapport over the PHONE is vastly underestimated. It’s funny to read guys here still crowing about getting numbers like it's the 90s. Fellas, numbers mean nothing. Girls today give out their number like candy on Halloween. How many of those numbers are translating to dates and lays?

Most guys will pull a number and play a bunch of little text games, then act surprised when she invariably loses interest and flakes. Fellas, she's playing the same text games with 20 other guys she's met at the clubs and reveling in the attention.

Pick up the phone and call. If she won't pick up, text and schedule a time for "a quick chat". In today's hyper-stimulated environment, having an old school 30 minute phone conversation is effectively like having a Day 2. Moreover, when you're texting/IM'ing she could be multitasking a million things at once. When she's on the phone, she has to effectively dedicate and invest ALL her attention to you - a Herculean feat for most younger girls today.

A genuine bond can develop through the phone. This is especially true today as most guys today don't call, and girls today are seldom used to talking to guys on the phone. Girls will say they fall in love a man's voice; I've yet to hear of a girl fall in love with a man's texting skills.

Be a suave lothario and set yourself apart from all her texting/Facebooking chump orbiters. Pick up the phone and call her.