Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Approaching Girls at Random a Good Idea?

Hedonos

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been approaching girls for a long time now. Most of the time they say they either have a boyfriend or something else. I read somewhere where about 50% of people are in relationships. So this begs the question: Can you be successful approaching girls at random - on the street, at the mall, or at the grocery store. I have had little success getting a number this way because it is so random and half of these girls are in relationships. If you think I am wrong, tell me how many girls you picked up randomly.

Gabriel

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hedonos said:
I've been approaching girls for a long time now. Most of the time they say they either have a boyfriend or something else. I read somewhere where about 50% of people are in relationships. So this begs the question: Can you be successful approaching girls at random - on the street, at the mall, or at the grocery store. I have had little success getting a number this way because it is so random and half of these girls are in relationships. If you think I am wrong, tell me how many girls you picked up randomly.

Gabriel
There are a few parts of my game I need to work on.. along with my self-image.. but I still can game pretty well and I have number/email closed quite a few girls. It is a skill. Being charismatic is something you need to work on unless you are a natural.

A lot of girls are in relationships, but a lot them aren't. And most of them keep moving in and out of relationships..so you have a good chance with them.

The major key factor in cold approaching (this is my reply to all threads related to cold pick up) is HOOK POINT. No matter what style of game you do, you have to reach a hook point, after which you can game like you would normally game any girl inside your social circle, because then you are no longer a "stranger" to them.. because they like you and want you to stay.

Some legendary pure cold approach pickups:
Neil Strauss picked up playmate of the year.
Papa picked up Paris Hilton.
Videos on youtube of socialengineer, Alex Coulson, Richard, AFCAdam
Pickup FRs on sosuave

Don't live inside the matrix. Welcome to the real world of cold approaching.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have to reach a hook point, after which you can game like you would normally game any girl inside your social circle, because then you are no longer a "stranger" to them.. because they like you and want you to stay.

Yes, I agree. I call it establishing common ground, but it is the same thing, overcoming the 'stranger' label.

I have never had to rely on cold approaching, but I respect the guys who get results that way. I have had a lot of sales jobs and experience establishing rapport with strange women, usually to sell them sh!t. Women made up almost all my sales, and it was because I flirted with them and livened up their day. Look them in the eye, make them laugh, and talk about her emotions, and you can sell a woman anything - to get paid or to get laid.

If you cold approach, at least be discreet about it. Don't stand in one place and harass every girl that goes by. That's desperate creepy loser behavior that women detest. You have to pretend that a special connection just happened, so choose your cold approach targets wisely. Simply make casual conversation with a hb you happen to be next to, then become intrigued with each other, then you get a contact method so you can continue later because you have to leave, then you leave. That is a cold approach done correctly - because it does not look like a cold approach. The woman can pretend that it was a scene from a romance novel and feel special. That is what you want, because that is what gets you laid.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an area of great interest to me. I think if you are going to make random approaches, you must at least have your grooming spot on otherwise you can give a bad impression or even scare them. The best place to do this in my view is in the city. I am working up the nerve to do this. You are right it is very much like sales.:nervous:

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
neil strauss didn't pick up the playmate of the year, he just got a number and never called it. A pick up would involve him meeting up with her after.

But yea, approaching at random is a VERY GOOD Idea. When i didn't approach at random, i'd get dates much less. Now i average them about once a week(If im approaching consistently). Not too bad considering i'm still trying to reach success.

For the way to approach random, DIRECT is the best as u sweep the woman off her feet and u don't waste time, from personal experience :-D

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't stand in one place and harass every girl that goes by. That's desperate creepy loser behavior that women detest"

Wow I didnt know that there was a stereotype of Cold approaching but seeing BB's post AND the whole justice thing I can see that there IS a stereotype, ohh well if people wont figure out HOW to ca then whatever.

OT: Approach girls that YOU want to approach not just because they look hot in that little skirt or those short shorts but because you think she is interesting, I'm not saying NOT to approach attractive women but at least dont let the looks be your deciding factor to go talk to them.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well unless you're one of those guys who willing to wait on some girl to have the cahoots to approach you, it's the only way you probably can meet women unless you have a social circle. But yes, heck yeah it's a good idea. Who cares if you get rejected? So what there are millions of females out there. Heck don't even worry about the outcome, just see approaching as practice so that when you see that really hot girl, who you think is a 9 or 10, you'll have the guts to talk to her and successfully game her.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
"OT: Approach girls that YOU want to approach not just because they look hot in that little skirt or those short shorts but because you think she is interesting, I'm not saying NOT to approach attractive women but at least dont let the looks be your deciding factor to go talk to them.
It's impossible to judge on anything besides looks when you've never spoken to someone...

Attractology

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hedonos said:
Most of the time they say they either have a boyfriend or something else.
Why is this coming up so much in your interactions? It sounds like you are coming in a bit too direct. If the interaction with a random women appears spontaneous and non-threating enough she will never need to tell you she has a boyfriend. Most of my successes with random women are when I am spontaneous and have a relevant short, funny story to tell OR if we are somewhere that I can ask about or show her something.

My mindset is to come off as a non-threatening, interesting guy who she would feel comfortable meeting again boyfriend or not.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hedonos said:

Gabriel

If you learn more about 'Cold reading' and bodylanguage then i think youl find it many times easier to single out a single woman on the street or in a club and avoid this issue, however i dont really think it is an issue m8, If a girl isnt single or doesnt want it to go further she's gonna say she has a bf

Zangatti

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hedonos said:

Gabriel

Haha, bro... that means you still got a 50% chance to find a single girl, and by my standards 1 out of 2 isn't too bad of odds. It's not really about odds anyway dude lay off odds stuff man, who gives a **** just get out there and get them hoes.