Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is 2 years 2 young?

Is it alright to date someone that's 2 years younger?

• Yes

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Mokahome

Reaction score
I've just turn 18, and I've known this girl that is 16, and she too has recently turn 16.(I think that I'm like a year and 11 months older than her, and I'm only a year above her at school) Although she's is smart good looking and easy to get along with, I never thought of asking her out because I was 2 years older than her.

But something happened just last night that changed all that. I was at a party and she was there too. We started dancing with each other and doing some heavy kino, and we were also flirting with each other the whole night.

I know that she likes me, and I've known for a long time, but always avoided going out with her because of the age difference. But after last night I'm questioning whether I should ask her out or not. She would be the perfect girlfriend if she were only 2 years older.

In case you were wondering, I live in Australia, and once you turn 16 you can leagally have sex with anyone.

Last edited:

Mokahome

Reaction score
I might be a little weird though, me being an "adult" and her being 16,
She also can't do alot of thing that I can do becuase of age restrictions, but I guess that it isn't that hard to get a fake id

Last edited:

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 years is fine...

DO NOT post twice about the same thing again

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it, three years is my cutoff line.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, go for it.

Remember, it's not the age necessarily as it is the factors that come along with the age. If she's fairly mature for a 16 year old there's no reason not to go for it.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn it...

I so mis-voted on this! Sigh. Take one of those "No" answers and add it to the "Yes" pile. God, add it to the "hell yes" pile while you're at it.

Two years isn't too bad. Hell, Calista Flockhart and Harrison Ford are separated by more than two decades' worth of years: twenty-two of them!

Of course, we all know that Indiana Jones can bone any woman he wants to. Good ol' Indy...! :rolleyes:

Ace of Spades

Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I see it, anyone in High School is fair game. But if you go to different steps of the education system (MS-HS, HS-College), then its' time to rethink it IMO.

I don't know why, but I've always felt that way for one reason or another.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mokahome
I might be a little weird though, me being an "adult" and her being 16,
She also can't do alot of thing that I can do becuase of age restrictions, but I guess that it isn't that hard to get a fake id
Okay. It's really time for you to sit down and think really hard about this. You are legally considered an adult but what are you socially considered? How much older is your mother from your father or your father from your mother?

You sound like you're just making excuses for yourself as though you'd be embarassed to be with someone younger than yourself. This girl is probably much more mature than you and most likely isn't asking herself, "Is dating an 18 year old bad?"

Please... drop the AFC crap.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Well, if ur 14 and shes 12... :D :rolleyes:

Mokahome

Reaction score
Thanks to those who have supported me,
There are quite a few nos though, but maybe it's because of the dogy wording of the poll, which is a totally differen't question from the title.
I'm probably going to ask her 2morrow, and I'l tell you guys how it went.

lollipop

Banned
Reaction score
If 2 years is too much, what about me? I'm 22 and she was 17. Haha.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naah, if you are 18 and she is 16 it's not bad. yet.

Well, last time I was with two years younger girl she didn't feel mature enough... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
BTW. To me two years younger is absolute limit to me..

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick it in her.

TeflonDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
up yonder, in the good old US of A the age thing would be illegal...but considering its legal in Australia...cack her...and dont worry so much about if its "all right"...if you like her and think that she'd make a good "Girl Friend" then go for it...who gives a crap about what other people think...

Mokahome

Reaction score
I did it! and I kissed her too!
First I explained why I hadn't asked her out, and told her that I'd done alot of thinking and decided that 2 years wasn't that big a deal.
I then asked her out and said that there was one more thing we had to do to make it offical with a very ckeeky grin on and went in for the kiss.
Thanks for the support guys

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
up yonder, in the good old US of A the age thing would be illegal...but considering its legal in Australia...cack her...and dont worry so much about if its "all right"...if you like her and think that she'd make a good "Girl Friend" then go for it...who gives a crap about what other people think...
Bullsh*t. The age of consent in just about every state is 16. Therefore you can be 50 and as long as the 16 yo chick says she consents there's no legal trouble whatsoever.

In situations where the girl is under 16, there's almost a uniform 4 year law, stating that if one partner is more than 4 years older than the other and the younger of the two is under 16, it's considered statutory rape. So even if the girl you liked was 15, you could still f*ck her brains out, because there'd only be a 3 year difference.

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmmmmm what about a 17year old dateing a 13 year old? theres this girl whos 13 that likes me shes very mature but 4 year diff there hmmmmm what do you all think? is that a no no or go for it?