iPad

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
I've been anti-Mac and anti-iPhone and anti-iPad all my life, don't know why though. So long story short I get me an iPad 1, the coolest model. Man what a high using that thing! Of course it isn't a notebook but you can surf the web with it and check your e-mail, which is exactly what I do on notebook 90% of the time.

Now that hard part, I need carrier unlock and jailbreak and to understand how to do it all I've posted on iPad forums, because I just don't understand Macoholic speak. It's a completely different community, not Windows, not Linux, it's absolutely the other side of extreme, Mac. They decided to buy Macs and move to planet Mac where they don't speak the language rest of the world speaks.

Get an iPad, highly recommend!

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was the same way about Apple products, until my company paid for my iPhone. I absolutely love it. A lot of the guys I work with have iPads, including the iPad2, so I get to use it a lot at work. Those things are amazing.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're still in the honeymoon phase I see. Give it a couple of weeks and you won't think it's so "magical" anymore.

I have an iPad, I recommend you wait for a Android 3.0 tablet like the new Samsung Galaxy Tab.

The iPad is nice but is lacking plenty of things. 1. You have to tether it to iTunes if you want to move files onto the device from your PC.

2. There's no flash. Good luck surfing sites that require flash because there's NO usable workaround for now. This is REALLY annoying.

3. The built in browser is a piece of junk. It's slow to load pages.

4. It has no USB slot, no HDMI out, no memory card slots... nothing. So much for a photographer's companion.

It does have a nice screen and great multi touch, and their app store has plenty of variety but so does Android.

Highly not recommended. Suggest you wait and shop around in a few months when the competition releases their tablets.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i bought my fiancee one for Christmas, i dabble with it from time to time, honestly it's pretty over hyped.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory... I do agree with all of your criticisms. Lucky for me, I'll probably stay in that honeymoon phase because I use is sparingly at work, and have no intent to purchase one.

However, to solve the issue you mentioned (#1), download the app Drop Box. It can store up to 2GB free. You install the app/software on any device (iPhone, iPad, computer) and you can share files between them all.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only acceptable Mac product for me would be the iPad or the iPhone.

Everytime a person who has bought a Macbook pro or any Apple computer comes up to me, I show him a Windows computer with better hardware for several hundred dollars cheapers, to even $1000 cheaper and then he goes "But Mac computers work."

Never mind the fact that its been proven that most Apple computers use the same exact hardware from the same exact companies and factories in Taiwan. The people who overpaid say Apple is superior and doesn't break, yet a few months later they always come to me saying they messed something up on their computer and they need help :rolleyes:

To be frank I don't really hate Apple products that much, if you want to overpay for a computer that's fine and its your choice. I hate the people who think they absolutely got a better computer experience than anyone who has a Windows or Linux.

That being said Apple did innovate in the Smartphone and the Tablet area. Why else is every single tech company in the world always racing to duplicate the iPhone and the iPad after it came out? While Android may be cheaper and open source, the fact of the matter is Apple introduces or innovates and the whole market rushes to replicate it as best they can. You can't win a race for the best when you are always 2nd place.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
However, to solve the issue you mentioned (#1), download the app Drop Box. It can store up to 2GB free. You install the app/software on any device (iPhone, iPad, computer) and you can share files between them all.
Used that. It's not a workaround, it's a pain in the ass.

Forgot to add, the iPad doesn't have a file manager. You want to load files on it? You need a computer to do it, and even then you need to load up every single application on it with it's own files.

Let's say that you want to go on the internet and download an mp3. You saved it, whoops your music player app can't access it because every single application is segregated. :mad:

ArcBound said:
That being said Apple did innovate in the Smartphone and the Tablet area. Why else is every single tech company in the world always racing to duplicate the iPhone and the iPad after it came out? While Android may be cheaper and open source, the fact of the matter is Apple introduces or innovates and the whole market rushes to replicate it as best they can. You can't win a race for the best when you are always 2nd place.
Apple doesn't innovate, what Apple does is take a good idea and polishes it so that people can actually use it. Many of the devices and designs that Apple has have been stolen. Tablet PCs? Everyone forgets Windows XP tablet edition and the Palm devices before it. iPhone? Try Windows Mobile smartphones and Palm smartphones. Apple's cool simplistic aluminum design styles? Stolen from 1960s Braun appliances. Like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_SAA4d7OA

I'm glad they stole the Braun design and used it. We need more simple hardware instead of switches and dozens of buttons and all that crud.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No. I won't get an iPad. Ipads in Colombia are too expensive and too flashy, they all are theft magnets, you'd get killed for one in the streets. Besides, I'd need a tablet that can go guerrilla and that can fit my needs and reprogram if possible. I'll go for Android-based, thank you.

Asasione

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a big waste of money buying an ipad. They are expensive, locked and too dependent on Itunes. Where I live buying a tablet is advertising you have money and you will definitely get jacked. Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one but prices in third world countries are double what you usually can buy in places like the states cause of greed and exorbitant taxes. Things are getting better though in the pricing department nowadays.

I'd go for an Android 3.0 tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.9 or the Motorola Xoom or the handful of new and awesome tablets coming from the Android camp which don't have as many limitations as IOS and are better in almost every department

Since it was brought up I have to mention that the Iphone is a good phone but the same limitations plague it as the Ipad. You're better off waiting for the Android dual core phones. Some are already out like the Motorola Atrix 4G or the LG Optimus 2X. I'm also very interested in the 3D phones coming out

www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_2-review-581.php

Phonearena are also very biased when it comes to apple products and they couldn't hide the obvious no matter how they phrased it. Also check out the comments section there are some very informed posters

www.phonearena.com/reviews/Apple-iPad-2-vs-Motorola-XOOM_id2688

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, I wanted to quote two posters, problem. How to select paragraph and copy?

But still it's freaking cool. For example I'm at client and have to fix BSOD, I could look it up, ez. I decided to get me one cuz I want to open business soon. Also good as notepad and a dress book. Best thing of all is battery life, a lot, like a week the way I use it. It's not a tablet, no, it's a media device. As far as flash, I can play YouTube, and google says 10.6 was ported.

In comparison to pc Mac products are luxury automobiles, while pc is like gheto rods. They more expensive but you get what you pay for, I just love aluminum. Usability wise no beating pc and windows.

But sometimes it's healthy to detach from work-like utility of every day ordinary uniformity. Answer to 1984 is 1776!!!

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
In comparison to pc Mac products are luxury automobiles, while pc is like gheto rods. They more expensive but you get what you pay for, I just love aluminum. Usability wise no beating pc and windows.
!
Macs are more like pimped out rice burners. Sure they're fast and neat looking but really they just look cooler than they are.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Man I was changing settings on router with my iPad, reseptionist was all over me. It's like having a beautiful chuvava with you, minus the smell, fleas, and ****ty personality!!!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
If you buy ghetto PCs yes. There's plenty of PCs that you can purchase that have aluminum cases, or are watercooled, or use high end videocards for gaming or compute functions. Even the accessories are great if you look at the Microsoft keyboards and mice, or the higher end Logitech stuff.

Man I was changing settings on router with my iPad, reseptionist was all over me. It's like having a beautiful chuvava with you, minus the smell, fleas, and ****ty personality!!!
Yeah I hear that. But imagine how much better it would be if you had an iPad, an iPhone, and the iMac! The receptionist would have walked up to you and given a blowjob! Everyone knows that Apple products are the ultimate aphrodisiac.

You really should buy more Apple products. Apple accessories get chicks instantly wet. True story.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
If you buy ghetto PCs yes. There's plenty of PCs that you can purchase that have aluminum cases, or are watercooled, or use high end videocards for gaming or compute functions. Even the accessories are great if you look at the Microsoft keyboards and mice, or the higher end Logitech stuff.

Yeah I hear that. But imagine how much better it would be if you had an iPad, an iPhone, and the iMac! The receptionist would have walked up to you and given a blowjob! Everyone knows that Apple products are the ultimate aphrodisiac.

You really should buy more Apple products. Apple accessories get chicks instantly wet. True story.
To be honest I think thats why some Apple products are as popular as they are. They are in a sense "fashionable" and "in", much like Dell was a few years back when everyone just had to have a dell computer.

And Drdee they are not the "luxury". Almost all their components are made by the same companies in the same factories as Windows computers/other mp3 players with the same components. You just get to pay a large premium to run OS X (or in your case iOS) legally and the Apple branding.

In fact I opened my Zune and my Ipod and they had the same exact toshiba harddrive down to the part number, among other things.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, don't be telling me that they the same. They are, minus the hardware lock. But it's the branding that goes with it. I mean you could be wearing latest fashion Puma brand sports costume and you'll look better in brand name than an impostor from Nigeria made by slave workers.

I don't know about blow job, but the attitude was definitely different. Was serious before, and now playful and slutty. I can't really explain why, other than my iPad. I've had it happen to me before, it's like driving by a place in a ford and then again in a bentley. Sure both have 4 wheels, and ford can go 1/4 faster, but bentley leaves a special impression.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
I've had it happen to me before, it's like driving by a place in a ford and then again in a bentley. Sure both have 4 wheels, and ford can go 1/4 faster, but bentley leaves a special impression.
It's not even close. With a Bentley you are getting a clearly more luxurious and comfortable car. It's engineered for comfort, luxury and they're hand made from composite materials for strength and lightness.

Here's how a Rolls Royce is made for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1GqDkbvm8

An Apple device is more like a Lexus compared to a Toyota. Same car, same parts, slightly different exterior body panels and logo. Your iPad isn't like a Bentley, it's more like a Toyota.

Here's an upgrade from the iPad that I've been looking forward to: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/22/samsung-galaxy-tab-8-9-and-new-galaxy-tab-10-1-thinner-than-the/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

It runs the new Android 3.0 operating system for tablets.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
You can't honestly say your noname nobody heard of gadget is cooler then my iPad and iPhone. You have to post a link for me to check it out, all I have to do is mention iPad or iPhone, everybody knows what it is. Like everybody knows who's James Bond is, and I'm sure your Fedot Andropov is a cool spy too, but who cares.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
You can't honestly say your noname nobody heard of gadget is cooler then my iPad and iPhone. You have to post a link for me to check it out, all I have to do is mention iPad or iPhone, everybody knows what it is. Like everybody knows who's James Bond is.....
And everybody knows who Justin Beiber is?

Because the masses know what something is doesn't make it good.
In fact a lot of times, it means the people who hop on board are either sheep or posers (no, I'm not calling people who Like Macs sheep or posers, I'm just saying.)

The bottom line is, the iPad has it's place. But please don't try to make it seem so superior based on your subjective analysis.

It's a tablet with a touch screen, some cool features, and some limitations. Other products are coming out (that are "noname nobody heard of") that are just as good and even better. That's the nature of product development. Deal with it.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
You can't honestly say your noname nobody heard of gadget is cooler then my iPad and iPhone. You have to post a link for me to check it out, all I have to do is mention iPad or iPhone, everybody knows what it is. Like everybody knows who's James Bond is, and I'm sure your Fedot Andropov is a cool spy too, but who cares.
So you purchase electronics because they're like jewelry? For other people to gawk at and envy you?

I'm sure there's a joke in there about you acting like a spoiled vain woman with your fashion accessories. :nono:

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
There is no denying, having an iPhone or iPad is cooler than anything else. There is no one who had one and said they getting Anton Andropov from China Telecommunications because it has more USB ports, 1000 dpi resolution, and is open source. Then only one who's hating are those who doesn't have one. hahahaha