Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Investment Strategy

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow DJs!

In my relatively short time here I've noticed one thing that comes up time and time again on this board - the concept of how many chances you should give a girl before you use her phone number as kindling for your fireplace.

So here you go - Amlothi's Investment Strategy for Women - free of charge to all of you on this fvcking awesome site.

We all know that women don't like to say no. This is why we can often get lots of phone numbers face to face, but later on you can't get to that first date plateau (http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/012990.html). I'm not going to go into the reasons why this happens (I think we all can figure that one out) suffice to say that it is a rare occasion when you will hear a straightforward "No". My favorite excuse was,
I'm probably going to be out getting my passport because I'm leaving the country next week. And I have to pack..."
(feel free to share yours)

But on to the strategy!

I use what I call the 2 Strike Rule (with a couple minor additions). This rule requires that:

1) The first time you call to ask her on a date she gives you a reasonable excuse. (strike one)

2) The second time you call (atleast a week later) she gives another excuse, and in neither instance does she suggest an alternative time and/or place. (strike 2)

3) If 1 = true and 2 = true than 3 = NEXT!

There are a couple points I would like to stress on these rules.

A) If her first excuse was UNreasonable (see my example above: you probably will be getting your passport so you can leave the country? so you haven't planned or scheduled this? you can't do your packing in the 3 days prior to the one I'm asking you out for? this is an unreasonable excuse....she could make the time if she really wanted to, but this shows her interest level is low) than you NEXT her immediately - she doesn't get a second call.

B) If on the second call she is very apologetic and cannot suggest a specific time and place because she is really busy but gives a very strong indication that she wants to go out - AND both her excuses are rock solid...wait a week and then repeat step 2. However, a maximum of 3 strikes is allowed.

If you reach the 3 strike mark, no matter what the situation, that slip of paper with her number on it gets turned to ash.

Now, some of you might think that these rules are a bit harsh (maybe some of you will think they are a bit lax?) but here is my justification for these rules, and a basis for everything that follows the first successful date...and Investment Strategy.

In this analogy, I have equated girls with investment funds/stocks/whatever you want to call it. Your time is money (you've heard that phrase before right?)

You have all this money that you would like to invest so that you can reap the profits (ie: whatever you want from girls, be it sex, LTR, whatever). However, if you throw your money away you'll have nothing left to invest with and get no profits.

You have a limited supply of time (money) and it is up to you to choose where to invest it - every investment is a risk. So, if you are a smart investor you don't put everything in one fund!!!! This is key, do not spend all your time and effort going after a single girl. This is infatuation, and if the market crashes, you lose big time.

Each fund individually has a 100-fold higher probability of taking your money than giving you a profit.

How do you counter this seemingly insurmountable probability?

By investing small amounts in a large number of funds! The profitability of each fund individually may be poor, but the chances of scooping a profit on atleast one of your funds is much higher!

But you want to come out on top overall right? You can't afford to get a profit from one account and lose all your cash on the other 50, as you still end up in the hole. Never fear...this is why we have the 2 strike rule!

The 2 strike rule is my method for determining when each market is about to fall out from under you before you have invested too much. If you hit 2 strikes, SELL! Toss the number, recover what is left in the fund, save yourself from investing more time and effort into a losing proposition! You have several other accounts that have better odds of reaping a profit, and new ones come along every day!

You must believe that you are valuable, that your time is a commodity. Don't give it away. This goes for any interaction you have after the first date also. (Heck, I use it as a judgement scale with my guy friends too!) If you put your time and effort into helping another person, and the next time you need a favor they shaft you, NEXT them like you would a chick! You are too valuable to let other people leech off you.

If you are in a relationship where she wants to call all the shots, doesn't want to do the things you want to do, and is not giving you your due rewards for your efforts...NEXT.

To all the new DJs, if you've read the bible you should know that you have to be a man (thank you Pook) and not let other people step on you or give you shyt. Yet, coming from the world of AFCism, we are all tempted to give people another chance, to assume that they mean well, that maybe just maybe she will say yes on the 5th time you call her because she seems so nice to you whenever you talk to her.

Once you give someone one more chance, it's a slippery slope and what's the harm in giving them another? And pretty soon you are finding yourself chasing this girl that never wanted you in the first place but just couldn't say no.

It's handy to have set of concrete rules to follow. 2 strikes, that's it guys. Don't give them any more than that. Remember, if she has a high interest level she will make it easy for you!!!!

--
I'm posting this in the Discussion forum so that 1) we can share our favorite excuses with other fellow DJs 2) so that you can post additional addendums to the rules if you think they are appropriate and 3) it gets more traffic here I think - though Mods can feel free to move to Tips if they think I'm wrong to put it here.
--

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

BasicInstinct

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. Keep this in mind guys.

------------------
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

It's not safe to hope for the best, without preparing for the worst.

"If there's a problem yo I'll solve it,
Check out the Bible while the DJ's resolve it!"
-Inspired by Vanilla Ice

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff here. Newbies, take note!

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

"Keep your girlfriend away from me,
Just advice I’m giving you for free,
Wanna have every thing I see,
So keep your girlfriend away from me..."
-Local H, from "Here Comes The Zoo"

Panzergrenadier

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love you comparison of women to stocks i've made the same one myself...

girl with a bf = high PE ratio, overpriced stock.

I see girls that are only friends as "low growth stocks" and have little to no potential of going up

------------------
Also los, Augen zu, und hinein

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amlothi,

Great to see you posting tips now. You have risen well and you are on your way to greatness I am sure. I have always like the stock analogy too, but I have some feedback for you.

You are talking mostly about specualtion, what about your long-term portfolio. The funds (women) that do well in your speculative attempts that perform well for you should be added to your long term portfolio. Over time more and more funds (women) will be added to the portfolio. Once a fund becomes a non performer, DUMP IT!!!

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Amlothi,
Great to see you posting tips now. You have risen well and you are on your way to greatness I am sure.
Thanks Nick, I appreciate the support especially from someone of your experience.

You are talking mostly about specualtion, what about your long-term portfolio. The funds (women) that do well in your speculative attempts that perform well for you should be added to your long term portfolio. Over time more and more funds (women) will be added to the portfolio. Once a fund becomes a non performer, DUMP IT!!!
I can definitely see what you are saying here. However, I'm trying to speak only from what experience I have. All my LTRs were when I was acting AFC (I don't know how they lasted as long as they did!) I don't have much experience with DJing long term. Various reasons for that, but mostly (as I said in another post) I'm just working on self=improvement and practicing my skills. I haven't found anyone that really peaked my interest (and doesn't already have 2-3 strikes against them).

If you would like to add to this based on your experience I would welcome the addition!

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amlothi, I'm impressed as well. Great way to look at it! BTW, I just exercised the 3-strike rule the other day, she almost had me fooled.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually Amlothi, I wasn't talking about LTR's exactly but I guess you could apply your doctrine to that too. Maybe "long term portfolio" was a bad choice of words. I was trying to make a point about having multiple sex/dating partners. If they are not performing along with the rest of your portfolio, dump them.

Since we're on the subject of LTR's, I'd say they are by and large a bad investment. Think about it, would you ever put your entire future in just one stock? No. I am not saying that LTR's are a bad idea under all circumstances but rather this, if you put all your eggs in one basket it had better be a sure thing!

------------------

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 03-22-2002).]

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct, you want a long term fund with slow but assured growth. Then again, nothing is a sure thing when it comes to stocks or to women. :p

Though, I've never known a stock to leave it's clothing or other personal items at my house, thus causing another seemingly unrelated stock to crash. Which only tells me that playing the market is probably a lot easier than being a player with women.

------------------

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post, Amlothi.

Girls are very similar to stocks... and a good thing to remember is that you have to know when to hold, know when to buy and especially know when to walk away and cut your losses.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Absense diminishes minor passions and inflames great ones, as the wind douses a candle and fans a fire."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"It takes great talent and skill to conceal one's talent and skill."

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Amlothi,

I am in the investment field and I wanted to tell you that your correlations of Djing and investments are right on the money! Great annalogy! People listen more intently with their money! They should do the same with women.

Take Care,

Legend

------------------
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"The key to happiness in your life is "Your Life",... Don the Legend

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova:
Nice post, Amlothi.
Girls are very similar to stocks... and a good thing to remember is that you have to know when to hold, know when to buy and especially know when to walk away and cut your losses.
That sounds like a Kenny Rogers song. Don't ask me how I know....

Come on I want the little flaming icon for once.

------------------

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Amlothi:

Come on I want the little flaming icon for once.
Take it easy mr. budding worshipped poster, there's plenty of time for that. Hint: if you want a lot of replies say something that provokes or interests Wyldfire. As far as I can tell, she got her name for the fact that she makes flames appear on all the topics.

------------------

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you guys pick on her too much.

Didn't you see this post? http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/001610.html

------------------

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amlothi,

Wyld knows I like her as a person. I will however get into an occasional pissing match with her, but she understands that's par for the course being a woman on this forum.

------------------