Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet Dating - Surgeon General's Warning

ChrisHughes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had two pretty horrendous episodes this week which have crystalised a few things for me regarding internet dating and why you - as a self-respecting man - should not be using it even as a supplement.

In the past 6 months - since leaving an LTR - I have banged 11 women from internet dating, and they range in attractiveness from a 5 to an 8. But there was a lot of work involved in this, and I had to put up with a lot of craziness, flakiness, and general heartache. There were some "rejections" and some I couldn't bang that same night because of logistics.

Some weeks ago I posted a story about a hottie milf who was all over me on the first date but, like a chump, I disobeyed my golden rule and didn't nail her then and there, thinking I'd be a "gent" and wait. I liked her, and thought she was that rare thing in internet dating; a keeper. NEVER fall into this trap. I fell into it because I mistook her for classy, and the diamond in the rough.

She flaked on the third date, by text, without a counter, and I was seriously crestfallen. This was a girl I had "wined and dined".

This past weekend I was out with a friend at a Mexican restaurant. It was quiet and empty. Towards the end of our meal who walks in? You guessed it. The milf who flaked on me. Our eyes met and her jaw just about dropped. Who was she with? This tattooed older dude who looked like a zero and was carrying, under his arm, a twelve pack of beer.

She didn't flake on him.

The other story I have to tell is what happened to me last night. Exchanged many sexual texts with a what I thought was an 8. Pried the address out of her, she invites me round, it's on. When I walk in she's obese. Her pictures were way too flattering. I was disgusted... but the moment I walk in she makes it clear we won't be having sex.

Yes, I've been "rejected" by an obese single mom. At the end of the night, after some polite conversation, as I'm leaving she says this:

"Poor baby. You drove all this way and didn't get lucky."

In fact, the "rejections" I've faced from internet dating are usually from the very unattractive. I had this happen to me once before from another girl who, when I turned up, turned out to be very overweight and a total social retard.

Guys, don't sell yourself short. Cancel all POF, OKCupid, Match.com accounts and go out and game IRL. Stop posting about girls you met on these sites, and wondering how you should deal with them (like I've been guilty of in the past). The women on these sites are damaged goods, and you are flattering these single mothers with tons of baggage by chasing them. All men, all over the world, should get off the internet. Women are narcissists and are using these sites as a source of validation. They are having their sense of worth blown all out of proportion by men who game on-line because they can't IRL. I see beautiful girls on a daily basis - and there's a familiar refrain I hear inside my head: "She would NEVER be on a dating site". Self-respecting women with options don't need to advertise themselves on the internet to find a man, and let's say they are persuaded on-line, the really decent women would only last 0.53 seconds before they realise that it's a haven for socially retarded miscreants, cancelling their account immediately.

I see some women on these sites for YEARS.

Word to the wise. Cancel your account. Get out there, and good luck!

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
" I see beautiful girls on a daily basis - and there's a familiar refrain I hear inside my head: "She would NEVER be on a dating site".
------

How many of them have you chatted up and asked out?

Dating is a numbers game. So you allowed poor advertising to get you to sample a poor product. Big deal.

The entire manosphere is supposed to abandon dating sites because you had a bad time of it once or twice?

Yawn

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is complete nonsense in my opinion. I have had huge success online and continue to. It is by far the easiest way to meet women and get laid. I regularly get laid on the 1st date, and almost always by the second w/online dating if there is any interest whatsoever. You can also kick game in your boxers to 5 women at once while on the computer and you can schedule dates for times when you aren't doing **** like Monday at 7pm. Tons more reasons to do it..

ChrisHughes

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoshSway said:
This is complete nonsense in my opinion. I have had huge success online and continue to. It is by far the easiest way to meet women and get laid. I regularly get laid on the 1st date, and almost always by the second w/online dating if there is any interest whatsoever. You can also kick game in your boxers to 5 women at once while on the computer and you can schedule dates for times when you aren't doing **** like Monday at 7pm. Tons more reasons to do it..
As explained, I've slept with over ten women from the Internet since ending an LTR 6 months ago, many of them on the first date. So I'm not arguing that its not a goldmine for easy lays, but in my experience the quality is severely lacking. If you're hitting gold with 8, 9s and 10s with no baggage and who are socially/psychologically healthy, then you need to tell me which sites you are using.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
How many 8, 9, 10s with no baggage and who are socially/psychologically healthy' are you getting IRL?

I meet just as many damaged women out and about as I ever have online.

If you're doing women you don't like, that's on you no matter where you meet them.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrisHughes said:
She flaked on the third date, by text, without a counter, and I was seriously crestfallen. This was a girl I had "wined and dined".
+1 Rep for using the word "crestfallen." I know a writer when I read one.

Tictac said:
The entire manosphere is supposed to abandon dating sites because you had a bad time of it once or twice?
-1 Rep for using the word "manosphere" at age 62.

Just kidding :)

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrisHughes said:
This past weekend I was out with a friend at a Mexican restaurant. It was quiet and empty. Towards the end of our meal who walks in? You guessed it. The milf who flaked on me. Our eyes met and her jaw just about dropped. Who was she with? This tattooed older dude who looked like a zero and was carrying, under his arm, a twelve pack of beer.

She didn't flake on him.!

Chris

I just wanna say props for being honest, you're telling the story that few guys on here are willing to tell

I agree with everything you said Chris. Online datng is the bottom of the barrell. For those guys who are defending it I'm curious to see pics of the type of chicks they bang or have they had any long term relationship with those types of women. It's easy to "shame' someone but the truth is that online dating should just be used to supplement your game and funnell easy lays

On another note they allow you to bring your own beer in restaurants?:crazy:

Tictac said:
How many 8, 9, 10s with no baggage and who are socially/psychologically healthy' are you getting IRL?

I meet just as many damaged women out and about as I ever have online.

If you're doing women you don't like, that's on you no matter where you meet them.

Last time I checked this is sosuave and not the manosphere. Also as I remember Rollo Tomassi and Roosh V aren't to keen on online dating either, and they are two of the biggest names right now in the manosphere movmenet. You are 62 years old so you get a pass, but for a guy in his 20's-30's There is no reason why they shouldn't be meeting women in real life.as their main source of dating/hooking up etc. Anyone who says they are more hot women online then in real life at that age at bars/clubs is lying (unless you pick up at B-list bars or dive bars) The women tend to be hotter/sexier/overall have more gong for themselves. How many single moms who are 22 can go out on a Saturday night?

Facebook & Online Dating - This one should be fairly obvious for the same reasons as above – Online dating is perhaps the best buffer ever conceived – particularly for less than physically ideal women. In fact it’s so effective that businesses can be built upon the common insecurities and fear of rejection of both sexes.
http://therationalmale.com/2011/08/26/buffers/

Guys who defend online dating so vehmetly are the same guys who scoff at men who approach women in real life. Online dating is easy and if you're banging hot women kudos to yout but honestly anyone who says they bang tons of hot women I repeat I'm curious to see pics because honestly I don't see it

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
To each his own. I meet women in both avenues. There are tons of hot women online, just as there are in real life. A lot of women are online because they are tired of guys creeping on them the second they walk in the door at a bar. I will admit it is more effective in cities than elsewhere.

ChrisHughes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
On another note they allow you to bring your own beer in restaurants?:crazy:
Exactly. And this milf was a solid 8 who I thought was very, very classy. An executive with a swanky apartment by the sea. I brought my A-game and entered into the "dating" frame with her (which I never do with these women) in an attempt to "woo" her because I thought she was "different".

Absolutely laughable in hindsight.

casaanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrisHughes said:
Self-respecting women with options don't need to advertise themselves on the internet to find a man
I've been saying this since forever. Common sense would tell you that - if a girl is anywhere near a 6 (or even a 5) she's fighting off dudes with a stick IRL in this society

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
casaanova said:
I've been saying this since forever. Common sense would tell you that - if a girl is anywhere near a 6 (or even a 5) she's fighting off dudes with a stick IRL in this society
Yea, and a bunch of them don't want to fight people off with a stick IRL, they'd rather just hit the delete button. Much easier. In major cities, TONS of women are online, everything from 1s to 10s. It's a fact.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
casaanova said:
I think that's more of a Sosuave myth about what it's like to be a good-looking person. The idea that good looking = endless supply of dating options.

I know a good share of good looking women and men...and it's really not that uncommon for a person to go months in between dates or years in between LTRs.

Some good looking dudes don't necessarily want to plow through bars or use corny PUA tactics on chicks in the mall. And some good looking girls don't want to date some AXE Body Spray-wearing dude in the local club.

I think people here have created this mythical idolization of what the everyday life of a good-looking person must be like.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iceberg again.

casaanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I think that's more of a Sosuave myth about what it's like to be a good-looking person. The idea that good looking = endless supply of dating options.
That's comparing apples to oranges. Good looking woman =/= good looking man regardless of the context, it's simple gender dynamics. While a good looking woman may not have an endless supply of dating options, they definitely have enough options to not proactively look to online dating for validation.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoshSway said:
Yea, and a bunch of them don't want to fight people off with a stick IRL, they'd rather just hit the delete button. Much easier. In major cities, TONS of women are online, everything from 1s to 10s. It's a fact.
Maybe in your area

But In my city/area online dating is only good for a week and then you run into tons of fatties/uggos etc

But being connected in the night scene and having ran into hundreds yes hundreds of women who are online into real life I realized that most women like men are using online dating for attention wh0ring and to funnel free dates on the sites. These hot chicks are getting banged by some guy who won't commit hence their on free sites getting an ego boost.

OR

The chicks tend to be fatter then their profile pics, they don't get hit on in real life but on online dating they are a "10" with the 100's of messages they get a day

A "10" on online dating (Read the whole screen shots)

:crackup:

casaanova said:
That's comparing apples to oranges. Good looking woman =/= good looking man regardless of the context, it's simple gender dynamics. While a good looking woman may not have an endless supply of dating options, they definitely have enough options to not proactively look to online dating for validation.
agreed!

ChrisHughes said:
During the countless dates I've been on with these women I always ask the same thing, enquiring why they can't find a decent guy IRL. They always say the same things, all of which could be a cop out, or completely true:

a)When they go out with their girlfriends, they get hit on by a bunch of drunk, horny perverts, but besides:
b)When they go out with the girlies it's "just to have fun" and aren't interested in meeting anyone

It's always those two answers. Never mind that on-line they must get hit on by horny perverts every 3.1 seconds.
They are getting hit on by low value men and not their ideal

Like I said Before IRL these women are low value and thats what they attract.

It's like the ugly fat chick with the hot girlfriends all her friends get hit on while she watches in jealousy and when she does get hit on it's by a low value guy

B. Thats b.s.

JoshSway said:
Almost no one is on a pay site (like match.com) for their ego. That is absurd. Even on okcupid. The ego thing is simply a myth. It is a defense mechanism for guys who think they are gods gift to women when they get online and then they get rejected so they try to rationalize it with this idiocy. There could be some women this way but they are hardly the norm.
Were talking free websites....and if you're paying you dong it wrong

DonGorgon said:
online dating is like real life dating... women have the advantage and they choose men based on looks ... thats it.. there are 30 males to every females sand the men are desperate same as in real life.
High Value women do

However bottom of the barrell women don't....

And 30 males to every female is this fact or Kebyoard Jockey talk? please show proof of this or it's keyboard jockey talk

thanks!!

Last edited:

ChrisHughes

Don Juan
Reaction score
casaanova said:
While a good looking woman may not have an endless supply of dating options, they definitely have enough options to not proactively look to online dating for validation.
During the countless dates I've been on with these women I always ask the same thing, enquiring why they can't find a decent guy IRL. They always say the same things, all of which could be a cop out, or completely true:

a)When they go out with their girlfriends, they get hit on by a bunch of drunk, horny perverts, but besides:
b)When they go out with the girlies it's "just to have fun" and aren't interested in meeting anyone

It's always those two answers. Never mind that on-line they must get hit on by horny perverts every 3.1 seconds.

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost no one is on a pay site (like match.com) for their ego. That is absurd. Even on okcupid. The ego thing is simply a myth. It is a defense mechanism for guys who think they are gods gift to women when they get online and then they get rejected so they try to rationalize it with this idiocy. There could be some women this way but they are hardly the norm.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoshSway said:
Girl's who don't like me = "egotistical"

What do you mean you don't want to go out with me?!? I have a college degree!! Oh what? It's because I don't have tattoos, right?! Well I got top score on Call of Duty! Doesn't that count for anything!? Yeah, it's been a few years since I've spoken to a woman! So what!

-me giving one of those egotistical feminist skanks a piece of my mind

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
online dating is like real life dating... women have the advantage and they choose men based on looks ... thats it.. there are 30 males to every females sand the men are desperate same as in real life.