Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Intermittent fasting linked to a higher risk of heart disease death

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

A study checked out about 20,000 folks and found that those who stuck to eating all their meals in just 8 hours a day had a 91% higher chance of heart issues than those who spread their meals over 12-16 hours. While it's not saying for sure that fasting caused this, it throws a bit of shade on the idea that when you eat is super key. Turns out, what you eat might matter more. Also, folks with certain health issues might be picking this fasting style 'cause it fits better with how they feel hungry.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

A study checked out about 20,000 folks and found that those who stuck to eating all their meals in just 8 hours a day had a 91% higher chance of heart issues than those who spread their meals over 12-16 hours. While it's not saying for sure that fasting caused this, it throws a bit of shade on the idea that when you eat is super key. Turns out, what you eat might matter more. Also, folks with certain health issues might be picking this fasting style 'cause it fits better with how they feel hungry.
Meh...any study that relies on "questionnaires" from people isn't reliable and can't be taken seriously.

Also, this doesn't take into account a lot of other things. Are the people trying fasting already significantly overweight to begin with? If so, the deck is already stacked in favor of that outcome significantly.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This study seems to say that *overeating* leads to an increase risk of heart disease. If you take in 3000 calories a day quite obviously you're better off spreading that out.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This study seems to say that *overeating* leads to an increase risk of heart disease. If you take in 3000 calories a day quite obviously you're better off spreading that out.
That does not make sense as no other animal has that issue.

More than likely if they actually did a real study on this it would be found to be a giant nothing burger.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's because only fat people need to diet, so they're more likely to try IF.
And because fat people are at a higher risk of heart disease than not fatties.

My bets are the same correlation is found for all individuals having tried dieting at all.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My bets are the same correlation is found for all individuals having tried dieting at all.
You could probably find a correlation between obesity and diet drinks.

It would be interesting to normalize the study based on the types of food eaten and how many calories the intermittent fasters ate.

But then again, this is a survey based study, and survey based dietary surveys are notoriously flawed since people inaccurately report what they eat.

mortiz90

Reaction score
While intermittent fasting has gained popularity for its potential health benefits, recent research suggests a connection between this dietary pattern and a higher risk of heart disease death. It's important to approach fasting regimens with caution and consider individual health factors before adopting them. As with any dietary approach, consulting with a healthcare professional is advisable to ensure it aligns with one's overall health goals and needs.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
While intermittent fasting has gained popularity for its potential health benefits, recent research suggests a connection between this dietary pattern and a higher risk of heart disease death. It's important to approach fasting regimens with caution and consider individual health factors before adopting them. As with any dietary approach, consulting with a healthcare professional is advisable to ensure it aligns with one's overall health goals and needs.
Dude please do not post ChatGPT responses to the board.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Show me some actual research that isn't junk research based on questionairres.

Other than that, you are simply paraphrasing the nonsense in the article.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting is no different than lifting weights or working out, alone without addressing other habits around control it accounts for very little meaningful change.

Also most of these studies done today don't take into account the variable of microplastics which is going to impact every faucet our biology flows through along with a host of other chemicals the west allows in foods that the rest of the world does not.

Once you take into account the qualitative unknowns we have introduced into basically every equation involving the study of the body in the west, it makes accounting for these unknowns virtually impossible until we better understand them and their impact on not just our bodies but our environment as well... Like I just find it comical that we knowingly allow our population to ingest things that we aren't even aware of its safety or not and yet we look at all these studies regardless of how they are done with some measure of validity, like where is the control.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This "study" is in fact propaganda. They are coming out with any reason they can to explain vaccine related heart attacks.

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score

I have fasted before to go along with practicing vipassana meditation. I noticed that when I fasted, I felt somewhat weaker, so now when I meditate I do not fast on those days (or ever).