Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting study I conducted

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I among many others I'm sure have noticed the better looking women with the not so attractive guys and sometimes vice versa, unattractive women with better looking guys.

I started pondering why and as with any theory it's best to get to the source for a real idea. I went around asking various women this question (which ultimately worked in some cases as a pick up line):
True or false: girls don't date guys they consider "hot"

Now this is interesting, the 8,9,10 women 85% said true! The reason? They don't want to feel like they're the less attractive ones (insecurity issues)

The rest average to not prime choice women said false, again which made sense because the majority said they'd feel better about themselves if they had a "hot" bf.

What's funny is I've been told numerous times that I'm "hot" "sexy" etc and I feel like mostly girls I'd never find my type to be the most confident in trying to get with me while the others play games and never take it beyond a one night stand or make out session. Just my observations that I wanted to share.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard this theory before and i have a hard time embracing it fully. It could be totally true though, idk.

I mean, pretty girl meets guy that most girls would consider attractive and she conciously will not allow herself to get into LTR because of that? Just sounds crazy to me but what do i know? :D

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-reporting, even anonymously, is suspect data for any survey. Not saying to throw it out, but take a few grains of salt with it.

Really, all you need is your own two eyes. You see what's going on, asking for a woman's opinion will just confuse things. However you'd need a larger sample size to really draw a conclusion. Also there are so many variables, especially for women. "Attractive" can be a ****tail of a lot of different ingredients. Looks, money, attitude, d!ck size, need to get married, convenience, etc.

Now for men's chocies, it's pretty straightforward, heh. Much easier to extrapolate.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
1. Very good-looking men have more opportunity to stray, so less attractive women would not want to risk being with them out of fear of investing themselves only to lose to a hotter interloper.

2. Very good-looking men have higher testosterone than less physically attractive men, and are thus more likely to pursue extrapair fornications. Women instinctively know this, and the less attractive of them avoid dating much better-looking men, influenced by their visceral grasp of the relationship power imbalance.

3. Men place more emphasis on women’s beauty than women place on men’s looks, and this innate predilection manifests as a willingness (and a honed ability) by men to strive harder than women for mating and LTR opportunities with relatively hotter opposite sex prospects.
But the most important reason, I believe, is egoism.

4. Men and women love to enjoy the privileges of their greatest strengths. It brings them happiness. For women, this means that they love the feeling of power that their beauty gives them. A woman who is with a better-looking man has that power robbed from her in subtle and in sometimes transparently humiliating ways; she has to deal with the attentions of female competitors, the attention her lover gives to female competitors, and the unspoken, but not any less felt, degradation of her number one asset. When a woman can’t leverage her beauty because the better-looking man she is with doesn’t value it as much as a less attractive man would value it, she loses a sense of purpose to her life.
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/women-want-to-be-with-men-less-physically-attractive-than-they-are/

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting theory.

Not even wrong though.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why going to the gym can have the effect of putting you in a higher league with women. Guys who are juiced seem to attract girls who are involved in the nieche lifestyle or are female bodybuilders themselves. When most men see a hot women with a guy with a buff physique they accept it and sort of nod their heads, it even works when a shorter buff guy is out with a taller women.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female bodybuilders are ****ing disgusting. And I suspect that 99.9% of females think male bodybuilders are too.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
And I suspect that 99.9% of females think male bodybuilders are too.
People like to think in extremes.

You say bodybuilder and they think of the 300 lb monster on the stage and you say "skinny guy" and they picture a holocaust survivor.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
People like to think in extremes.

You say bodybuilder and they think of the 300 lb monster on the stage and you say "skinny guy" and they picture a holocaust survivor.
I'm talking about bodybuilders, people who compete in bodybuilding competitions. I doubt the vast majority of women find that type of physique attractive.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard it a lot before that women want to be the better looking one if they value their looks a lot. If true it speaks to their insecurity. I also know a lot of very good looking / jacked guys that don't seem to have a lot of confidense, and they seem to only go for what they believe they can get. But can't make too many generalities because also see good looking girls w/ good looking guys....???