Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting Facebook Phenomena

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a POV camera and I took it sky diving with me the other day. Day later I post a youtube link to the video that I made. And guess what, pretty much everyone on facebook watched it, but there are hardly any comments. BUT if I post some stupid picture of a funny masturbating cat I get 10 or so comments from random people. lol. Something is very very wrong with facebook. That gives me one more reason to not go on there anymore at all. It is FAKE!

Last edited:

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it would have been awesome and commented on it...
For you to skydive and tape it SWEET
it depends upon what type of friends you have on Facebook
Facebook is mainly for women, you know that so why you trippin

Rhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing's wrong with the site. The site's just an extension of people. You're basically saying that something's inherently wrong with people because they find the "wrong" things interesting (personally, I would think the skydiving video would be awesome and the other one would be stupid) but this has nothing to do with facebook.

StevieD

Banned
Reaction score
Facebook sucks donkey ballz.

We should seriously start a conspiracy to cause a mass exodus

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I agree. Looks like I need more like-minded people.

Aspiring1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhino said:
Nothing's wrong with the site. The site's just an extension of people. You're basically saying that something's inherently wrong with people because they find the "wrong" things interesting (personally, I would think the skydiving video would be awesome and the other one would be stupid) but this has nothing to do with facebook.
You are completely wrong. Facebook isn't an extension of people, it is an illusory social image of how they want to be seen. It is utterly and completely self-absorbed. If someone comments on something, it is for a reason that serves their own purpose. People comment on the statuses of others who comment on their own things. It is popularity bartering.

Here is why they didn't post on your cool video: It was a cool video. It was something they haven't done and won't be doing. Because of this, they won't applaud you for it. The uplifting of the social status of others lowers them by comparison. If you had gushed about how awesome it was that they cooked sausage and eggs that morning, they would have been all over your video, because of comment bartering. The stupid video that got comments was one that didn't benefit your social image, so they reinforced you for it.

Facebook is fake as ****. I still use it, because it has its benefits. Still, anyone who takes it seriously has a freakin' screw loose.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook is a forum for narcissism. It's intended "benefits" have been replaced by software that glorifies having lots of friends and creates psuedo social stratifications within varying networks.

Do most people actually give a damn whether or not you are doing something? I don't. Sure it's nice to see pictures but the incessant posting of random junk and blogging reduces the experience to an exercise in viewing how much people can try to look cool or popular. In essence it's a rehash of high school.

f29d6h

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aspiring1 said:
You are completely wrong. Facebook isn't an extension of people, it is an illusory social image of how they want to be seen. It is utterly and completely self-absorbed. If someone comments on something, it is for a reason that serves their own purpose. People comment on the statuses of others who comment on their own things. It is popularity bartering.

Here is why they didn't post on your cool video: It was a cool video. It was something they haven't done and won't be doing. Because of this, they won't applaud you for it. The uplifting of the social status of others lowers them by comparison. If you had gushed about how awesome it was that they cooked sausage and eggs that morning, they would have been all over your video, because of comment bartering. The stupid video that got comments was one that didn't benefit your social image, so they reinforced you for it.

Facebook is fake as ****. I still use it, because it has its benefits. Still, anyone who takes it seriously has a freakin' screw loose.
100% dead on.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Aspiring1 said:

True story. If asked most people will claim being 'humble' and 'down to earth' but if Flakebook were to disappear forever tomorrow most on there would totally lose their marbles.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhino said:
I agree.

What's wrong isn't that you posted the video and no one commented on it.

What's wrong is that you posted it expecting some ego validation about how cool you are for going skydiving, and were disappointed when you didn't receive it.

Besides, a youtube vid, maybe some people (who do facebook through their phones) found it too long to download and gave up ??

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest, I expected interest from people in what I do...., but they sure love my mastrubating cat pictures. It's called sharing- that's what friends do.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya gotta be relateable. It sounds like you were trying to impress people on some level with the skydiving video but people like relateable more than "interesting." Unless they are skydivers too I don't think a skydiving video would matter to most people.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pritching to the wrong audience in my case. What do we conclude? Facebook - a diabolical creation, while people are boring narcissistic fuks, which in turn reminds me of chicken vs egg argument.