Interesting blog about short men from mothers

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a9105475/heightism?cpg=1&csi=2033705307&pd=-3

I am 5'5'' and my ex was between 6ft and 6'2'' and was obsessed with is body..definately the guy any typical girl would feel "safe" around..yet i didnt not feel safe with him at all. He was egotistical, arrogant and selfish and he seemed like they type of guy that wouldnt risk his own safety to protect a woman.

Then there was my ex-bestfriend Andrew..god he must have been 5'3'' or something because i was taller than him in flip flops lol and he did have a slight complex, he hated when i wore wedges or anything with a height and he wasnt even my boyfriend lol.
The point here is that the 6'2" guy was a BOYfriend, but the 5'3 was just a BESTfriend.

Gee, do you think he would rather have been her BOYfriend than her BESTfriend?

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"They did a study with woman to see if height matter more than anything else. They lined up 5 gives of various heights. Guy number 1 was the tallest (at least 6ft) and he was a school teacher. Guy # 2 was a pediatrician and much shorter. I dont remember the rest but every girl picked guy number one. The the administrator would reveal less attractive information about the taller guy and more attractive information about the shorter guy and even though the girls admitted the shorter guy was more attractive on paper, the would still date the taller guy."

^^^This comes as no surprise, but it's nowhere near as bleak for short guys as they paint it to be.

If a woman is going to pick a guy out of a lineup based on sight alone, she'll pick the most attractive. "More attractive" information is a bit of a misnomer, because biographical information is not going to excite a woman. You can be a highly esteemed, highly respected man, but if a woman doesn't know who you are, it's all heresay to her.

Now, if the shorter man happened to be someone with RECOGNIZABLE social proof in this lineup, say, Tom Cruise, the results would have been completely different.

In fact, if the shorter man was simply someone the women recognized as a high status male in their OWN social circle, the results would likely have been different.

Also, if the women were given the chance to INTERACT with the two men and the shorter guy had SIGNIFICANTLY better game, the results would probably be different. In my book, status trumps looks, and game trumps looks but not necessarily status.

Finally, if the tables were turned and the WOMEN were in a lineup and had to "sell themselves" to the shorter guy, they would ALL be competing for him. Context matters in attraction.

All this really says is that if you're a short guy, you're going to have fewer options at a meat market type club where you don't know anyone and may have to work a bit harder in life. Big deal.

In real life, you're not a man in a lineup.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An attractive face (if you have one) trumps short stature, unless it's more extreme as in dwarf height.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Jeff.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
"They did a study with woman to see if height matter more than anything else. They lined up 5 gives of various heights. Guy number 1 was the tallest (at least 6ft) and he was a school teacher. Guy # 2 was a pediatrician and much shorter. I dont remember the rest but every girl picked guy number one. The the administrator would reveal less attractive information about the taller guy and more attractive information about the shorter guy and even though the girls admitted the shorter guy was more attractive on paper, the would still date the taller guy."

^^^This comes as no surprise, but it's nowhere near as bleak for short guys as they paint it to be.

If a woman is going to pick a guy out of a lineup based on sight alone, she'll pick the most attractive. "More attractive" information is a bit of a misnomer, because biographical information is not going to excite a woman. You can be a highly esteemed, highly respected man, but if a woman doesn't know who you are, it's all heresay to her.

Now, if the shorter man happened to be someone with RECOGNIZABLE social proof in this lineup, say, Tom Cruise, the results would have been completely different.

In fact, if the shorter man was simply someone the women recognized as a high status male in their OWN social circle, the results would likely have been different.

Also, if the women were given the chance to INTERACT with the two men and the shorter guy had SIGNIFICANTLY better game, the results would probably be different. In my book, status trumps looks, and game trumps looks but not necessarily status.

Finally, if the tables were turned and the WOMEN were in a lineup and had to "sell themselves" to the shorter guy, they would ALL be competing for him. Context matters in attraction.

All this really says is that if you're a short guy, you're going to have fewer options at a meat market type club where you don't know anyone and may have to work a bit harder in life. Big deal.

I agree that if there is no *context* (i.e. at a club) - girls will screen for height so much more - but luckily in most situations there is at least some context

I am 5'6 and based on my personal experience girls who are like 5'3 and under are *fine* with my height - girls who are like 5'4 - 5'6 have no issues either though they *prefer* I be a bit taller - and girls who are taller than me, definitely wish I was taller. Luckily, for some reason I really prefer really short girls cause they are cuter, so height is not that big of an issue for me.

But I agree, game TRUMPS looks - I did get a 5'8 HB9 once and that was cool, but I did have that aforementioned *context.*

The truth is, every man has something to overcome. It could be lack of height, or it could be something else like a bad family background, economic recession, child out of wedlock etc. The bottom line is, to make sure you overcome whatever it is in your life.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen many shorter than average guys get more women than guys over 6 feet tall. Being tall will not guarantee you attract any girls and being short will not prevent you from attracting girls. Height is not a make it-or-break it factor.

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Social Status trumps Height - I'm 5'9 and have a 6'2 BJ/Fvck friend, and 2 others that are consistently taller than me when they put on heels. They ALL approached me (both overtly and covertly) at work where I'm the only black male executive and the 3rd youngest exec in the building. I doubt any of these women would've approached me randomly on the street.

One of my best friends since high school is 5'6 and dated a 6'3 HB9 all throughout high school. A LOT of dudes were jealous, talked **** about him to her (he was a player), and gave him crap for dating her. What was so special bout him? He was a 4-sport Varsity athlete (baseball, football, wrestling, track) as a sophomore, his status was obvious.

You still need some game, but its just the mandatory minimum "don't FUBAR this" game rather than exerting any actual effort.

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all nice you guys are having success but I don't think that is the point. Yeah anyone can have success. But if you put 2 guys side by side with the same game, same looks etc, the only difference is height, one guy is 6'2" and one guy is 5'6", the taller guy will get the girl almost every time.

Does it make it impossible for shorter guys?? f*ck no. You just need to be a bit better at what you do then someone who is taller. Just like guys like hot women with nice tits. Yeah, we'll get with the chicks with smaller tits too, but given the choice we'd choose bigger tits most of the time,.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you guys seen that weirdo dating show where they date in pitch darkness and no one sees what each other looks like until the end?

I saw only one episode of this. The girls all fought over one guy. The guy had massive social proof. They all knew the other girls wanted the same guy, and they didn't like the other two guys whatsoever. They were all totally set on winning him and they were all over the dude. He kissed them all and he had his sob story about overcoming cancer when he was like 12 and his dad had died of cancer too that suckered them even more.

They knew he was a fitness trainer. They felt up his body in the dark. They were pleased and gushed about his body. He did pushups with one girl on his back.

At the end they show the guys in the light to the girls.

He wasn't even bad looking, but he just looked younger. One girl remarked that his suit didn't fit properly. Another said he looked younger than she preferred.

NONE of them ended up choosing him based solely on looks. Maybe being on tv affects this somehow, but i just thought it was odd that they all absolutely loved this one guy and thought he was a perfect match until they showed him.

And the weird thing is, he didn't even like two of them when he saw them. They were kinda big. The other one was some in shape girl from the air force.

I don't know what to think of this. I wonder if they were rejecting him because they thought he would reject them or wouldn't pick them when the other girls were trying so hard for him. "I didn't want him anyway" type attitude..?

shrug

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, height is not something worth complaining about. The simple fact that there is no way to get taller aside from the funky lift shoes.

When it's impossible to change something it's best to just accept and forget about it. Being 5'6 I could drive my self insane worrying about my height. Right now I just don't give a damn. I'd rather keep focusing on improving my game/social skills and gaining muscle.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
I don't know about a study but this was a special on TV about 20 years ago and I remember it distinctly cause it was hysterical. They took 2 guys: 1 maybe 6'1" and good looking and the other like 5'4" or 5'5" but nice looking. In each set they brought in 2 girls. By the last set, they made the tall guy unemployed and living with his parents. The short guy was represented as a best selling author and millionaire. Both girls still chose the tall guy.

I too am undersized and as others have said, there's nothing you can do to change it, so I don't let it bother me and have dated (and even married) plenty of taller women. The study to me proves nothing about height. It only proves that young women are in general as shallow as a kiddie pool.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a simple path said:
I'll tell you guys where being short kills game absolutely: online game.

I dare anyone to refute this (in a convincing manner).
The way sites are set up with filtering tools and the ability to shut down interested parties with the anonymous push of a button, most women are easily able to weed out the short guys without giving them the opportunity to exert any game whatsoever. I'm convinced that women see 5'6" and immediately move on to the next ad or profile.

Funny thing about this vent? I'm one of those 5'6" guys and I've gotten electronically laid about 5 times over the years. Yet, if I was about six inches taller I'm sure that number would be triple what it is.
I'll agree with this. I have absolutely no decent online game in the USA (although to be honest, I haven't tried it as much as I probably should.) I have done a little better in the former USSR, which is saying something since I don't speak Russian too well. I ended up banging a couple of crazy women; one kept on asking me for a few bucks here and there - for her "tooth", a shirt she has her eye on, etc., but it was only about $25 per session, and I didn't have to take her out to eat, so I figured it was worth it. :woo:

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Talls guy have an advantage, because - literally, they "stand out" amongst the crowd.

Neverthetheless, I am 5'9" and well muscled, and look 10 years younger than my real age (not sure that is always a blessing) & have never had a problem attracting gals around my height and shorter. And 5'9"s tall for a gal.

I don't really dig real tall gals, 5'10" and above. They are normally have angular features - jaws like men some of them - and it is a turn off.

I might have a different view on all this if I were 5'2".

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, height is an issue, but thankfully female attraction is purely based on sight alone.

I'm 5' 8", but all but two of my friends are at or over 6'. Some are at the 6' 5" mark.

Now, normally I'm just taller than even the tallest girls I know who are in flats. (though I like my women to wear heels, so I have to normally looks at girls in the 5' 3" region.)

And yet sometimes you get the most ridiculous matches. An aforementioned friend at 6' 5" is dating a girl who is 4' 11". She never wears heels.

I used to feel really bad about my height and figure. But I'm naturally lean and broad-shouldered, so I'm not 'weedy' even though I exercise little.

Analysis of height shows about 6' is the perfect height, for attraction, confidence levels, ability to earn the best salary etc etc. But every person can be an exception. I know he keeps getting brought up, but look at Tom Cruise. He's short and a bit of a weirdo, but most women in the West would want to filled with his seed.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i sort of find tom cruise to be a bad example

i mean he's great and all..besides that jumping on the couch incident

but he's a fukin celebrity with lots of money and fame...he could be 4'11 with his profile and still get women...the thing is..can he get the genuinely interested women?

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
An attractive face (if you have one) trumps short stature, unless it's more extreme as in dwarf height.
I can Confirm that you'll have many women friends.

I think it's all about the "market" you chose to play.

I've seen many shorter than average guys get more women than guys over 6 feet tall. Being tall will not guarantee you attract any girls and being short will not prevent you from attracting girls. Height is not a make it-or-break it factor.
It really is, instead. Is not women fault, but their biology. I'm 5 4

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height has been a long term issue for men.

I reached my current 5'10" height around age 17 in 2000. From roughly 2000-2009, I noticed that my height seemed to be less of an issue in my mating environment experience as compared to the 2010s-2020s. In the 2000s, it wasn't considered that good but it hardly ever seemed to be a dealbreaker because I was taller than most women at 5'10".

What happened?

Tech-based dating websites got de-stigmatized during the 2000s and more women started to use that format for starting interactions. In 2012-2013, Tinder took off, changing tech-based dating from mainly websites to phone apps.

With both dating websites in the late 2000s/early 2010s and swipe apps post 2012, women started to experience more abundance.

When fewer women were using dating website/app technology, an average height 5'10" man was more acceptable to a larger percentage of women who overall had fewer options. With greater abundance, more women started to have the attitude that an average height 5'10" man was something that they didn't really want.

While I have seduced plenty of women since my height became perceived as less desirable in the early 2010s, it has made things more difficult for me.