Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interested in my former Professor. We're the same age.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I messaged back that I understood, that I didn't want to cause anyone to get in trouble and that if in the future, he wanted to go out, here's my number.

And then, no response.
If the guy finds you at all attractive, he'll follow up

So far it's looking like he doesn't find you attractive

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is more unappealing than a girl who pursues the first date overtly. Overt is the language of men. For women, it is unnatural, reeks masculinity and desperation. And if you were a hot woman and in demand, why even the need to be overt?

Your feminine duty is only to make yourself available. Then if he were interested, he would bite. In your case, you open the door and say hello, allowing him to follow through and ask for the date.

Last edited:

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He could be into you, but he might be thinking of consequences of what could happen if you two got involved. There are some women in my life that I do want to fk, but the consequences of getting involved with them is way high that it's not worth pursuing, e.g. married. You are 39 and has that teacher-student risque relationship. So he had to be really into you to pursue you. At least these two factors: your age and your teacher-student relationship caused him to hesitate.

And maybe your attractiveness too.

Or maybe he's already got a backup girl.

Or maybe he just doesn't care.

YawataNoKami

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just finished college and a class with a professor my age-we are both 39. I had very little interaction or conversation with him but I enjoyed the class and was a little sad that it was over. A week after the class was done, he checked out my profile on Match.com. I waited a day, thinking he might be embarrassed that I saw him on an online dating site, or that he might think I would be or not wanting to initiate anything because he had been my teacher. I get the sense that he could be very shy and not much of a "ladies man" He's a tad nerdy but I like nerdy...lol He is totally someone that if I met in a bar or other setting, would totally be my type.

The next evening, I messaged him and asked if he knew of any policies that would prevent a teacher going out with a former student.

He responded right away and said "I thought that was you", that he didn't know of any rule but that in some cases, it was good to have some time in between to reduce or eliminate the appearance of impropriety. I messaged back that I understood, that I didn't want to cause anyone to get in trouble and that if in the future, he wanted to go out, here's my number.

And then, no response.

I'm guessing that's a no/blowoff, correct?