instant message "field" report - very long

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gang,

This is what I think is a decent example of the proper way to get a girl to meet you. There are all manner of pieces of information that one can gleam from this text. If you guys have anything extra, feel free. I have thick skin.

Any line you see with "//" in front of it means that these lines of text are my thoughts on the matter.

Session Start (AIM - Big Pappy:Curl): Sun Dec 14 16:36:16 2003
Curl: hey whats up //she starts dialog. decent IL.

Big Pappy: Just trying to keep all the balls I'm juggling in the air. What's up with you? // let's her know I'm busy.

Curl: same // she is lying.

Big Pappy: So, how are you going to handle this break?

Curl: just going to as usual

Big Pappy: I mean, for the first time in several months, you won't have every darn meeting in the world to atteend.

Big Pappy: attend*

Curl: yeah i know
Curl: its going to be great

Big Pappy: You sure? I recall that the last time I actually had free time I was bored out of my cheese.

Curl: im pretty bored
// problem - she's chatting cause she's bored.
Curl: but im going to get all the stff done i cannot get done with every one here

Big Pappy: Well, there's all kinds of shopping to do.

Curl: like relax
Curl: ive already done all my shopping

Big Pappy: I tell you what. The very best dollar you will ever spend is on that chair in Bel-Air mall.
Curl: lol
Big Pappy: I am calling it "the comfy chair"
Curl: really
Big Pappy: I go to the mall just for that back rub.
Big Pappy: Best 3 minutes ever.
Big Pappy: Treat yourself sometime.
Big Pappy: So what are you going to do to reward yourself and how are you going to relax?
Curl: sit here aand make a cd
Big Pappy: Now that should be really relaxing. A music CD, I assume.
Curl: go get a massage and pedicure // she's got great legs to go with those feet.
Curl: yeah
Big Pappy: That is an excellent idea.
Curl: now that the cd player works in my car
Big Pappy: I think I'm going to get a massage session for my mother.
Curl: good idea
Big Pappy: Shannon, no sense you getting bored from time to time over the break.
Curl: ill look in a minute // she's multi chatting - lower IL, maybe
Curl: not meant for you // she has more IL in me than this other person, I guess.

Curl: sorry
Curl: everyone gets bored
Big Pappy: Multi tasking, excellent
Big Pappy: yeah, but we want to minimize boredom, maximize action. // ladies love the action plans. not chick flicks.
Curl: yeah true
Curl: most of my friends are fuddy duddies though
Big Pappy: fuddy- duddies ?
Curl: or they are gone
Curl: yeah no fun // Enter the great guy, Big Pappy :)
Curl: or they are getting on my nerves

Big Pappy: Well, I think we can manage to sneak in a little activity over the break to keep your sanity in check.

Curl: what kind of activity? im a little scared // she knows what I'm after. Or she's teasing me...

Big Pappy: Well, darts are kind of sharp, but they're not going to be thrown at you.
Big Pappy: THere's this big bullseye about 8 feet away that you aim at...
Big Pappy: What in the world would scare you? You seem rather fearless to me... // I don't want her to be that scared...

Curl: i was never any good at darts // Who cares?
Big Pappy: Who said you had to be good?
Curl: just make sure there is no one within a ten mile radious...especially if ive been drinking // she will be drinking.

Big Pappy: Typically, beer and other fruit flavored elixirs enhance the silliness factor. I'm going to make her horny.

Curl: im already silly enough // She's horny
Big Pappy: Actually, you'll play much better after 2 or 3 drinks.

Big Pappy: You'll be relaxed. // we will have the fun that she seeks.

Curl: oh ok
Curl: if you say so // trust...
Big Pappy: I say so. //assurance

Curl: just remember when i stab someone with a dart
Big Pappy: A little brew, some greasy chicken wings to make your grip on the dart subject to scrutiny, and we're off to a good start.
Big Pappy: I think Tuesday is your night.
//She's already bored. She hasn't yet warranted the good nights like Friday or Saturday.
Big Pappy: 9:15 pm. //The off time suggests a busy schedule.

Big Pappy: You'll meet me at Paddy o'Tooles.
//This is important to me. I am telling her that she is going to do this- not asking.

Curl: ok ill try // flake factor alert. mid to low interest level
Curl: 9:15? // IL is raising...
Big Pappy: There is no trying, Shannon.
// flake consequences...

Curl: i don't know if i can stay up that long
Curl: :-D // she's teasing....

Big Pappy: How late did you think I was going to keep you.
// I will call this night over on my terms.

Big Pappy: I've got a mystery shop to do at 8pm, or I'd make it earlier. // Throw her a bone... she'd rather me buy her a nice meal - not yet.

Curl: i will come // IL -- high enough.
Big Pappy: Of course you will. Flaking would be cause for serious consequences.
Curl: ok
Big Pappy: Like switches and coal in your christmas stocking.
Big Pappy: :cool:
Curl: ah ok
Big Pappy: See you Tuesday. // plan made - chit chat over!
Session Close (Curl): Sun Dec 14 17:00:21 2003

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Pappy, you're a programming freak. What's with all the C++ style comments?
-- legolas

As you said, sir. I'm a programming freak.

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey nothing wrong with programming. You can always use an IF & Then statement on a chick ... not to mention put her in a "Do Until Loop" till she screams.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMHO that was way too long to get what you wanted to get out of it.

heres an example of an instant message pickup type thing i did the other day. this girl was somebody i saw at a party once but never talked to. shes a friend of a friend of my cousin. shes 19 and easily a hb9 and major attention wh0re. (im not a big fan of instant messaging but sometimes its fine to set **** up if you make it short and sweet and get the number. from there you should not use anymore IM)

// means my thoughts during the convo

her:hey this is josh right?
me:hey whos this? // acting like i dont remember
her: it's jamee *******! nurrrrr.....remember?
me: yeah i think so // still acting like im unsure who it is
me: you're the hot one right? // toss her a bone.
her: well you should lol //telling me i should remember her
me: hold on a sec // make her wait for me. excellent idea!:p
her: k
her: what are you doin?? //she got impatient and had to ask.
me: just a sec // reaffirmed that i was busy haha
her: okkk
me: so you dont live in springfield anymore? //resume convo.
her: no i live in lamar now
her: i told you that before
her:do you remember who i am now ?
me: I think so // still not ready to give in to remembering her.
me: are you 16? // qualifying her + making her defend herself.
her: i sent you a pic of me with my cousin...i was in a tan corduroy mini skirt outfit with curly hair down
her: no I'M 19!!!!
me: send the pic again
her: what are you doin talkin to 16 year olds? ok one sec
her: i look different now tho!!! // afriad i might not have liked the pic
her: ok hold on i'm gettin it
her: it's been sent
her: but i have straight hair now so i look different // disclaimer
me: is that your boyfriend? // ugly guy with her in pic. this lowers her by me assuming that she might actually be with him. more qualifying.
her: NOOO that's my cousin
her: god no!!!!
me: do you have a car?
her: actually no bc i wrecked it
me: dont drink and drive sis ;) // c&f
her: ok bro lol....i didn't that time
me: im comming out to missouri on the 20th
are you gunna get me something for xmas? // love asking this. slight sexual innuendo + sets her up for #close.
her: yeah! lol....i don't know
me: whats your phone number... maybe ill have you show me around lamar // notice how i didn't ask and i qualified her.
her: 555-1212 // digits edited for content:D
her: ASK FOR JAMEE!!! lol //afriad i might get her mom i bet.
her: yeah if it's not icy and snowy!!! //if it is icy and snowy we stay inside:D
me: right on
her: heck yeah //reafirming her IL in me
me: i gotta jet tho so ill ttyl //end convo before she does
her: alrighty have fun! bye

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol.

As the programmers say, there's always a tradeoff between efficiency and flexibility.

You are correct, it was long - but it has to be a bit longer due to her lower IL.

Ordinarily, I would have never posted such a thing. However, the younger guys seem to really get a lot out of this kind of thing.

Oh, for those who are keeping up. It's 11 pm. I just left a party of 8, which included the bartender with the bratty kid. I'm ready for bed. That little girl is still at Hooters with her mother!

I think I have to take her out of the queue entirely. What kind of mom lets her kid hang out at Hooters while she drinks? I hate to type such things and be judgmental, but I can only overlook so much, no matter how cool the mother is otherwise.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Pappy

Curl: ill look in a minute // she's multi chatting - lower IL, maybe
Curl: not meant for you // she has more IL in me than this other person, I guess.
I do not agree on this point....

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not agree on this point....
--Kineti[C]harm

I could be wrong. The logic behind the inferential leap, was that she was telling whomever, that she would do something at a later time, as she was busy with me, at that moment.

If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong about a girl....

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to impress her. She should already be impressed by you. Or else why did she accept the date? Not to kill a boring night I hope.
By creating your OWN world, which is your own dreams and desires, the magic never stops. She will feel like Cinderella and you become her prince, rescuing her from the realm of drudgery and boredom, to give her a world of wonder.
Both quotes are from Pook.

It's a good thing I am capable of thinking on my own. A fellow might get confused. Don't take out the bored girl, or rescue the bored girl....

Hmmm. If you guys check that instant message text, she's pretty clear about being bored. Guess I'll have to make some magic tomorrow. I'm thinking I can turn this into my advantage...I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
update

Talk about mis-reading or mis-managing a girl.

The girl calls me about two hours before, tells me that she's going to be a 20 minutes late. NP.

She shows up with a friend! A real cutie, too. Better looking than her. All I can think of is that I was LJBF'ed before the date even started.

Lemonade out of lemons -
Macked on the new girl, using my humor and popularity as social proof. This girl apparently was supposed to be the buffer, as she was there as a favor to her friend. She had to be up at 6 am, and was out with us until 1 am.

We played darts, pool and air hockey.

So, here's a question: Think the ladies lose all respect if I lose a game of air hockey?

Well, I got the new girls number while the girl I thought i had a date with went to get her own beer. She told me to keep it quiet, too.

Not sure if I'm going to call, though.

Last night was interesting. Took my next date home early (midnight) as she had to be up at 4:30 am to go on her vacation.
So, I went back to the pub just in time to see an idiot blast another idiot upside the head with a full bud light. Talk about pissed off! The dude that got hit was really pissed. Rightfully so! It took all my will power to keep from letting him kill the redneck idiot that did it to him. So, I got the situation under control, sent the offender off in the police car and proceeded to have a beer.
As I walked in I spied a table of 5 very hot chicks at a table for 6.

An empty chair with my name on it.
Spent 30 or 45 minutes entertaining them, getting entertained. 4 cheerleaders from Troy State and one soccer player.

One of the girls had to leave. A few minutes after, one girl says "Hey, xxxx needs a drink. Go buy her an ameretto sour".

Naturally, so I went to get it for her. I got back to the table and held my hand out. I told her it was 4 bucks. They just couldn't believe it. The girl said, "I don't have any money". So, I drank it.

They told me that if I didn't buy them a drink, I could just go somewhere else.

I let them know that I was the only guy, there were four of them. I was the precious commodity and walked away.

I went to another table of girls that I knew and proceeded to make them laugh --- alot.

I swear, I never expected this, but they bought me a drink, along with an apology and an invitation to come back!

This just made me look even better with the girls at the table I was at!

Man, I love being ****y!

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah - I've been doing pretty well with IM lately. I'm not quite so analytical as you guys, so I just do my normal thing. I'm usually doing design work when I have IM open, so when a chick says something I'll look at it and if it isn't terribly interesting I'll just continue doing what I'm doing - then eventually continue on (no apologies). Then there's always the "what are you doing?" questions when she's annoyed that she's not getting enough attention - ("stuff" or "design stuff"). Sometimes I'll say "ok, I'm finished this stuff for a little while - I need a break - what's up?" and have a bit of a chat (using her as MY entertainment).

I only open IM 2 or 3 times a week (so I'm not some geek glued to the screen 24/7), and only in the late evenings and never on friday or saturday nights - (I'm not some desperado geek with no friends).

I never talk about sex unless they do (what is it with chicks on the net?), and then I only talk about it objectively (ie not with HER)

So I get the '"ur interesting", "ur different", "I'd rather talk to you", "they're boring" etc. stuff. The other guys she's chatting with get sidelined every time I deign to interrupt my important creative endevours and give her a little of my time.

So feel free to translate that into DJ geekspeek if you like - personally I'd rather stick forks in my eyes :)