Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Insomnia.....bad?

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant fall asleep and I am just looking through the Anything Else forum and I couldnt find anything that deals with this or at least states anything about this "Disease?" I dont really feel like going to Yahoo Answers or Google to read up on it I just feel like watching and reading funny threads....so I decided to write this while I watch "Funny things to do when she says she has a BF."

I was wondering is Insomina bad for you? I know its probably bad since I work out and I havent rested...my whole body is sore but I cant seem to fall asleep. I have been having some trouble falling asleep lately and it hasnt been for any reason just that I cant fall asleep! When I do fall asleep its maybe for like an hour and thirty or 2 hours but after that I cant fall back asleep, I just lay there closing my eyes until they start to hurt or get itchy or watch tv.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and has any remidies for it....and if its bad for your health.

ohh and before you say it cause I know someone might, jerking it doesnt really help me....I dont really get tired after I do that...not even hungry so that is out of the question.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in my mid 20s and have a similar problem. Too be honest, I cannot say it has harmed me, I stay up trading half the night now and do whatever I want in the day. I am relatively healthy and fit.

Guess some people just need more sleep than others, but I still get about 5-6 hours a night sleep in total.

I found meditation, closing your eyes, breathing deeply and trying to relax your whole body and not concentrating on any particular thought helped me to sleep more.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im gonna assume you have thoughts running through your head while trying to go to sleep...Of course insomnia is bad for you. Being sleep deprived (5 hours of sleep in a night) and driving is similar to driving with a BAC of .08. Sleep deprevation has detrimental effects on other cognitive functions. I remember ontime my mom had insomnia and she started acting all crazy after 36 hours or something without sleep. She became delusional and said some crazy sh*t. Sooo...if the problem persist i would call the doctor.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jon,
prolonged insomnia can be detrimental.
It takes a very commited effort to combat it and set your sleep schedule right again.
Most people are not getting enough sleep. In fact, a restful good nights sleep is NOT the norm in our society

I woudl suggest going radical and combat it hardcore, because the negative effects can be serious.
A lowered immune sytem'
heightened release or cortisol
impairment of neuro functions
overactive adrenals
insufficient recovery time for body/organ repair
lowered level of human Growth Hormone
lower ability to concentrate
irritability
impaired judgement

It can be very serious

Number one, any activity that raises alertness at night must be ended well before sleep time
-no stimulants after 6 pm
-try ZMA -Zinc aspartate/Magnesium aspartate/Vitamin B6(all Males SHOULD be taking ZMA religiously regardless of sleep disturbances)
-try Theanine- a mood relaxer, used to calm before sleep
-Melatonin- helps initial restoration of sleep time
-scented candles or incense
-soft music
-totally dark room
-no distractions in the bed room
-limit computer use /TV before bed-set a cut off time, and stick to it
-look into trying Ambien for a week, see if it helps
-make your bed the most comfortable possible-soft pillows, blankets,etc
-train your mind to not hold on to 'thinking' , that is, any thoughts that pop into your mind at bedtime, should be 'observed', and not dwelled upon.

Your mind will try to stay active and bring up subject after subject, realize that your mind is being stimulated (adrenal output, and electrical stimulation)and will continue in that 'alert' mode. The only way to combat that is to simply observe your thoughts and not intentionally focus on solving problems or preoccupations

You MUST do relaxing deep breathing exercises. Every martial art/spiritual teacher I have ever had ALWAYS stressed deep breathing relaxation and meditation at night before bedtime. To destress and let the mind wander while you relax your physiology, and calm down the nerves, and stop the adrenal output.
Much thinking is a brain reflex due to the high electrical activity in it, meaning that much of you mental activity is reflex, not something you are doing with intention, (imagine a facial twitch, for example) which is not actually a good thing, especially when it is hindering you to relax and sleep.

You have to learn how to have an 'off' switch.
And only dedicated practice will help you develop it. Im sorry, but there are no shortcuts. Its something that every self aware/self cultivating mature man MUST learn how to do in his daily life. Its a must.

Meditation with focused deep breathing exercises are literally the ONLY way to stop the alert state and the adrenal output. You must focus on relaxing your body and your mind will follow, as you move away from the alert state and into calm Alpha wave state.
The other way is to listen to deep hypnosis recordings where they guide you into the deep breathing, and relaxing imagery and some of them have subliminal alpha wave sounds that reset the brain waves into the relaxed state, helping you to induce sleepiness.

Im telling you , you NEED to go hardcore into combatring sleep deprivation, and do everything possible. Because your quality of life can be so deeply affected, you cant afford to let it occur.
This is one area of self care/self management that the mature man must learn how to do.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eww

Insomnia bites the big one. The crashes are uncontrollable! Get a really big book that has small print and read it a ton when you wan t to go to sleep. Sleep control is very important in daily living. There are times when I can and cannot be tired so I've focused a great deal of my life trying to master sleep

Reaction score
Ive had sleeping problems since i was about 14 and still do to this day. It is a big problem since i always feel tired throughout the day. I use to take tylenol pm and it worked at first then my body got use to them. At one point i was taking bout 6 at a time but thats not good either. If anything lunesta works real good and you wake up feeling refreshed. The best sleep of my life only problem is it screws up your taste buds. Everything you drink taste like metal the next day.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you feel its really bad talk to a doctor.

Quick fixes can be as simple as going to walmart and picking up a pack of cheap sleeping pills.

GitFiddler

Don Juan
Reaction score
The meditation, breathing self hypnosis worked for me last night. It was to late to take a trazadone to sleep. I keep forgeting I can hypnotize myself to sleep if I want to. Stupid.