Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inner Game Issues

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, even after self improvement, I still have problems with my emotions. Very hard to keep it from feeling bad sometimes.

For example, when I ask girls out over the phone, I get this wicked emotional rush in my heart. If she is busy or something, my heart sinks.

I am okay with them saying no, however, that heart sinking feeling usually won't go away till the next day. Looks like I need more work in this area.

Does anyone have a problem like this?

Any ideas to deal with this problem better?:confused:

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something to do is "spin more plates"

i.e. see more girls.

That way, if a particular girl flakes on you, it won't be as important since you will simply view it as her loss and move on.

Read this: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90482

Also, consider ditching the phone calls and doing it by text - takes out the emotional rush you might get when making a call, and if she is into you, it won't matter this way anyway.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is understandable to feel strong emotions about it, and especially if she says no over the phone, when you can't see her face. If it is a big problem, you can practice by talking to strangers in the street about just about anything. Comment on the weather when you walk out from a store for example, or talk to someone walking the same way as you. "Seems they'll never finish repairing that road, how long have they been at it now?"

Talking to people out of the blue makes people understandably nervous, so it is good practice. When you get used to that feeling, then other tensed situations will also be easier.

DropZone3

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you rather call than text, I would do this:
Write down exactly what you want to say in advance, and imagine yourself conducting the conversation with the girl exactly the way you want it to go.

In skydiving, we physically and mentally rehearse on the ground, and I can tell you that it works.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo said:
So, even after self improvement, I still have problems with my emotions. Very hard to keep it from feeling bad sometimes.

For example, when I ask girls out over the phone, I get this wicked emotional rush in my heart. If she is busy or something, my heart sinks.

I am okay with them saying no, however, that heart sinking feeling usually won't go away till the next day. Looks like I need more work in this area.

Does anyone have a problem like this?

Well, first off, theres no such things as "After" Self Improvement.
Self Improvement is a constant responsibility. It never ends. Its not supposed to. So its important to let go of any belief that you have somehow "finished' Self Improvement.

The feeling you are having, which is manifesting in your heart area, is a collection of worry, doubt, and a desire for approval.
You have attraction for her, and you want her sexual approval. If she doesnt comply, then your 'heart sinks'. This means youre struggling with maintaining your groundedness, and really..your self Love.

You are not a failure if she doesnt jump on the chance to be with you.

And what is happening is your emotions are being stirred up, but you dont have the mental maturity to understand what is happening, and therefore place these emotions in the right 'place' as it were.

These things happen because you care.
You care about what she thinks about you.
And its ok.
But you cant rely on her to validate some self image you have.

Thats looking for validation. Its ok to be attracted to a woman, and want her to desire you.
But its ok if youre not really whats she's looking for too.

You are who you are. Flaws, mistakes, vulnerabilities, and failings.

Along with all the good, quality traits that make you a desirable Man.

The emotions that get evoked when youre in these situations wont really go away.
The thing that you should look for is the mental maturity to be able to correctly place these emotions where they belong.
Understand why you are feeling this way, and what is the catalyst, then maintain your grounding.
Men will always need the sexual approval of the woman they desire to partner with.
So yes, there will always be a sort of anxiety there, but our maturity level will be able to help us handle and cope with these situations when they happen.
Are you any less of a human being if some woman doesnt want you?

No.

What about a woman youre not attracted to approaching you?

Isnt it ok to not be attracted to her and not pursue anything romantic with her?
Sure.

Same thing.

Now if we get all deflated and down, it has to do with our Ego.
And our Ego is always looking to be inflated. And thats a dangerous path to walk on.

Validation from someone is not the same as genuine recognition for the Value you have/are as a human being.
Sometimes people get confused. And they may go hunting for this validaton very rabidly. To always be out looking for validation and sexual approval is a slippery slope. One thats hard to get out of when someone is a slave to their Ego.

Be secure that you have value. And be willing to admit that there is no ened to self improvement. Its like training every day. Special operations units spend a lot of time honing their skills. They dont train once on how to shoot a rifle and say "Thats it! Im done! This is all I have to know!"

Try to discern what are the differences, and you'll have a better perspective on what is really happening.
Sometimes we say "You have to be willing to Lose the girl, in order to Get the girl."

You have to have some sort of resoluteness, and solidity when things dont go your way.
This is one of those circumstances.
And life will throw you many, many more situations like this and your emotions will be evoked. And you will have to have the internal strength to deal with rejection, failure, and imperfections.

Part of what is really maturity is delayed gratification, The inability to handle that is a sign of immaturity.

Instant gratification is all about the ego.

Watch out if you feel a need for her to fall all over herself trying to be with you, and then when she doesnt...you fall apart and get depressed, and angry.

Its not about NOT caring.
Thats not self preservation. Its not. Its avoidance. Its not handling the deep emotions that are being stirred up.
Go ahead and feel the disappointment. And deal with it. There will be plenty more to come.
You will disappoint people in the future, and you will be disappointed.

Since so many men really believe that not feeling their emotions is masculine, what happens is that these men dont mature and develop the necessary discernment, perspective, and coping mechanism to deal with the failures.

Its NOT masculine to not feel your pain and disappointment.
Thats kind of sociopathic. Dont be that guy.
Feel what is being evoked. Come to terms with it, and dont run away from it.

It wont go away. Because life keeps throwing these things at you.
But what will change is your ability to cope.

You have the discernment and reasoning to say...not get jealous if you see a stranger hug another stranger, more than likely , right?
Youre not going to get freaked out if you see some stranger being affectionate with someone else.
So you DO have the perspective to cope with that.

THAT skill is what will improve and start putting things in their proper place as you mature.
That is mental maturity dealing with the emotions that may be evoked.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
Good luck.

I.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Interceptor, you are right. I should always be improving. Its never ending.

I feel better now. Life will bring more of these emotional moments, and I will need prepare for it.

I am working on my self-love and mental maturity.

@runner83

I do understand the need to spin more plates, but the girls I have met in the long run, only 2 met my requirements. Only 1 went on a date with me twice, the other one just kinda blew me off. I spend a lot of time on my stock market trading career, so if they don't meet my requirements, I don't date them.

@veridin and dropzone

Those are helpful tips. Gotta at least try cold approach for an hour each week.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude, whatever emotional rush/feeling you have going on, don't repress it, or get angry at yourself for it. It's natural, ride it out. Even when your inner game is better, you'll still occasionally feel those emotions.

Fighting them is like fighting the ocean; just ride the wave, bro.

I'd like to think that I have my sh*t together, but sometimes I get anxious when asking a girl out on the phone, or kissing her, etc. It's natural. Expect it to happen. Feel your fear/excitement and do it anyway.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just hit an all time low, both good plates are off the table.

Sinking heart. Trying to recover.

Looks like I have a LOT of inner issues that need to be sorted out.

Before I go start spinning more plates like what Rollo recommend, does anyone here do stuff to help nurture your spirit and soul?

I think that would help me with things like that.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man it seems like you are investing too much emotion into these girls - maybe you cant help it, which means maybe you actually do have a soul. that being said, congratulations on that!

you gotta remember that although we all seem to be here for the same goal, and I know you really want these women, you gotta get yourself into the mindset that these girls really dont matter at all. just play it like a game.

youre what 24? still stupid young, still a lot of time to improve your game? after about 100 noes, I was pretty much numb to the noes. it was the couple of yesses that I got that kept me going.

a lot of people get kind of upset when they first start? maybe did you just start opening up? dont worry about, man, its all part of the natural progression. you ever see fight club? accept the emotion and evolve. you got it! keep going!

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo said:

Bro you need get busy. If you were focused on improving yourself (making a hockey team, getting into Law school, winning a Pulitzer) you wouldn't value them so much. If she's busy and doesn't reschedule that means you are too boring for her. Do you think she'd be busy if you gave her amazing sex or cooked like a pro? She would drop everything and run over to you. You have to have a REASON for her to go out with you, and not because you are a man and want sex from her.

Sell yourself. Give her a REASON to say yes. What can you sell her that she will say YES to? Your amazing sex skills or that you get to Level 4 in Rock Band?

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey powpow, thanks. I do easily invest my emotion on the girls. I need to stop that lol. :nono:

@Donjuan11

I am currently pursuing a grand career of becoming a very good stock market trader that can generate 100% returns per year. I am still young and I am learning from my mentor.

I understand what you are trying to say. I think I should just rechannel my energy towards my career. I need to forget about women for the time being.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Give her a REASON to say yes. What can you sell her that she will say YES to? Your amazing sex skills or that you get to Level 4 in Rock Band?
You do realize that if he doesn't have success with the women, he won't be able to build those "amazing sex skills", right? For those unfortunate enough to be on the outside, it's a circular trap.