Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inmates at no-smoking prison trade hostage for cigarettes

banGbro

Banned
Reaction score
I dont usually post stuff like this, but this is too funny. :crackup:

AP said:
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (AP) -- Two inmates housed in a smoke-free prison traded a hostage for cigarettes after a six-hour standoff.

Billy Grubb, 32, and Bradley Johnson, 25, attacked the guard Monday night, said Howard Carlton, warden of the Northeast Correctional Complex.

"As the night progressed they started saying, 'Look, we'll give up if you let us have some tobacco. If you do that, we'll go back to our cell,"' Carlton said. "They got them some cigarettes, they smoked them and went back to their cell and locked themselves back in."

An investigation into how the inmates got out of their cell and their motive for attacking the guard continued Wednesday. Both are in prison for murder.

Prisons across the state are instituting no-smoking policies after the Legislature passed a law banning smoking in state buildings.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/28/cigarettes.hostages.ap/index.html?eref=rss_us

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy of mine laughed when I told him that I keep 2 cartons of Marlboro Reds in my emergency supplies. He doesn't realize that after a week, some people will trade me water for a pack of smokes.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
A buddy of mine laughed when I told him that I keep 2 cartons of Marlboro Reds in my emergency supplies. He doesn't realize that after a week, some people will trade me water for a pack of smokes.
Yeah. It's quite pathetic. I've seen cans of dip go for $30+ during tobaco shortages.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
I'd ask how long it takes before tobacco expires or becomes stale but realized that if there were a real emergency then it wouldn't really matter to whoever wanted to smoke them...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
There are a few things you should never try to take from a man in prison...

1) cigarettes
2) weights
3) visits
4) mail

When prisons try to take these things away from prisoners they tend to get a bit nasty.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
diablo said:
I'd ask how long it takes before tobacco expires or becomes stale but realized that if there were a real emergency then it wouldn't really matter to whoever wanted to smoke them...
People put tobacco in the freezer to keep it fresh.