Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Initial attraction on her part based on looks alone?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of some male celebrities with a handsome smile.

Tom Cruise is.... OVERKILL. Looks like he's about to have heart palpitations cause he smiles so hard. Charismatic, but I think it's unique to him.

Mel Gibson, on the other hand, is an IDEAL example. Rent the movie Braveheart, and look at him smile. I have a specific scene in mind - it's the scene in the Scottish village where William Wallace is looking from afar at Murron, his girlfriend. She is carrying a basket ful of furs across the market square when they lock eyes from afar. She gives him a coy, charming smile. Then Mel Gibson's character turns on a smile that is literally dazzling. You just have to see it to know what I'm trying to explain here. Rent the movie. I'm very serious.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to get over it.

**** you cant worry about it so much.

am I perfect? no

i have a receding hair line and im 5 foot 7!

give me a break man.

and if you dont like it

CHANGE IT

Reaction score
Abbott - at the expense of sounding like a homo, you are a good looking guy - do nothing! You are still young and your facial characteristics will change with time and as you mature!

From your description of yourself I imagined you as a grotesque monster!!:rolleyes:

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you had a picture where you a) smiled more genuinely b) were in some decent clothes and c) wear your new (or no) glasses, you'd be fine. it's just an awkward picture. for the most part, hotornot.com doesn't necessarily rank the hotness of a person, but the picture. that picture is all the person has to judge you by. a hot person will be more likely to have a good picture, but if they have a bad picture somehow, whether it's blurry or they're wearing terrible glasses, whatever; they could end up with a "low" score.

i might try a little experiment, and see how much i can deviate my score

Azalin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't feel bad man...

I am in the same boat as you. I can't get a girlfriend to save my life. If I could change my looks I would in a heartbeat. I posted my hot or not picture, I think there are some people who just do not like their looks. I am not fugly, but I am surely not attractive.

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=O8GMHZB&key=MHF

People always try to boost my view on myself, but it really dosen't matter what people say when you feel you look like crap. I hope you can get past yourself, but I doubt I will anytime soon.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake Think of some male celebrities with a handsome smile.

Tom Cruise is.... OVERKILL. Looks like he's about to have heart palpitations cause he smiles so hard. Charismatic, but I think it's unique to him.

Mel Gibson, on the other hand, is an IDEAL example. Rent the movie Braveheart, and look at him smile. I have a specific scene in mind - it's the scene in the Scottish village where William Wallace is looking from afar at Murron, his girlfriend. She is carrying a basket ful of furs across the market square when they lock eyes from afar. She gives him a coy, charming smile. Then Mel Gibson's character turns on a smile that is literally dazzling. You just have to see it to know what I'm trying to explain here. Rent the movie. I'm very serious.
OK...I'll keep that in mind for my next "Blockbuster Night." I just hope I start having fewer of those soon! :)

I'll definately check it out though! Thanks for the advice!

Originally posted by frivolousz21
you need to get over it.

**** you cant worry about it so much.

am I perfect? no

i have a receding hair line and im 5 foot 7!

give me a break man.

and if you dont like it

CHANGE IT
Of course! That's what I plan on doing sometime soon, hopefully if circumstances permit.

Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Abbott - at the expense of sounding like a homo, you are a good looking guy - do nothing! You are still young and your facial characteristics will change with time and as you mature!

From your description of yourself I imagined you as a grotesque monster!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

But...that still doesn't change the fact that it's not easy for me to get women. Nor the fact that first impressions mean a lot. The only way, right now, for me to get a woman it to somehow catch her when I'm running an errand. Right now I don't have any places where I can talk to them first (because we're forced to be around one another) and make them like me (my classes are all male, except for one girl who isn't my type).

Originally posted by Phantasmal
If you had a picture where you a) smiled more genuinely b) were in some decent clothes and c) wear your new (or no) glasses, you'd be fine. it's just an awkward picture. for the most part, hotornot.com doesn't necessarily rank the hotness of a person, but the picture. that picture is all the person has to judge you by. a hot person will be more likely to have a good picture, but if they have a bad picture somehow, whether it's blurry or they're wearing terrible glasses, whatever; they could end up with a "low" score.

i might try a little experiment, and see how much i can deviate my score
I'll keep that in mind too. Hopefully it'll get easier for me to get pictures of myself sometime soon. It's only hard right now because you have to get someone else to take the picture for you, and at the risk of sounding like a sob story (I'm not seeking sympathy or anything, I'm OK) I don't have a lot of friends right now and they're all very busy. Plus, I'll be damned if I'll pay a professional photographer lots of money...I need that money for my hobbies and cosmetics!

P.S. I'd like to think that my tuxedo is more than decent...everything cost over $600 ! :) But I know what you mean.

Originally posted by Azalin
I am in the same boat as you. I can't get a girlfriend to save my life. If I could change my looks I would in a heartbeat. I posted my hot or not picture, I think there are some people who just do not like their looks. I am not fugly, but I am surely not attractive.

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=O8GMHZB&key=MHF

People always try to boost my view on myself, but it really dosen't matter what people say when you feel you look like crap. I hope you can get past yourself, but I doubt I will anytime soon.
Thanks for wishing me luck. I wish you luck back!

Ben

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Think of some male celebrities with a handsome smile.

This is concentrated gayness right here folks.

lonegun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget contacts or glasses

If you can afford lazer eye surgery , go for it. Usually near perfect vision, hand eye coordination returns , unlike glasses etc.
Just make sure it isn't that cheapo one, Lasik I think, get the regular style , probably around a thousand an eye I think.
Ah, it's great to have good vision again!

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by Abbott
I should also mention that the ideas I have to improve my appearance are:

-Get teeth straightened: My teeth aren't really crooked but I have a very slight overbite and they could be better.
-Get teeth whitened (permanent treatment): I think it just looks better.
-Get/maintain a mild sunless tan: My skin is probably a little paler than the ideal.
-Get facial/skin treatments/whatever: So I can have perfect skin!
-Also maybe getting blue color contacts so I'd be blue-eyed instead of brown. Blue eyes with black hair, ya know.

When I first started to read this post I thought maybe you were hidiously ugly or something. Like maybe your eyes were mis-aligned or you had some unnatural extra skin somewhere, etc.

Then I read your above list and realize that you're not ugly, you're just broken in the head. You don't need a new look, you need a therapist BAD. No, I'm not trying to be a **** here, I'm being honest. In my non-professional opinion you're wacked. You need to see a head doctor to sort out these image problems.

Edit: I saw you're pic, you're right about being ugly. Ok well then get the surgery AND go see a head doc as well.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f*ck that last post, he's a ****, and I seriously doubt his negative reinforcement helps you at all. Listen to me, FUK skin treatment. FUK eye surgery. Get your teeth straightened if you NEED to. A small overbite does not warrant braces. You might have to wear a retainer for a few months but thats it.

Get a cool haircut.
Get some cool clothes.
Get buff.

Most importantly, change your attitude. I don't care how good looking you are, you won't get anywhere in life being so negative. You're amplifying your bad qualities and overlooking your good ones. Every time you look in the mirror, you aren't seeing your true self, you're seeing your PERCEPTION of yourself. You're defining yourself as ugly, therefore you will always see yourself that way. I don't care how much cosmetics you pay for, you will never be satisfied.

The world doesn't revolve around your looks. There are plenty of successfull people that are uglier than ****, but they didn't dwell on it. Frankly, you're not ugly, so you shouldn't even be worried about that.

Just get some better clothes, work out, and get a nice hair style. Then take another picture of yourself and post it on hotornot. When you get a higher score you will feel much better.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whuteva...

Originally posted by Tha Realnezz
This is concentrated gayness right here folks.

Pfffft. So what. :rolleyes: Relax.

The point is that Mel Gibson's smiles exudes CHARISMA. That is the smile you want to project. I wasn't poppin' wood, if that's what you were implying. :rolleyes:

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone's cionfused.if your not gay then cool if your cool.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvcking idiot. :rolleyes: whatevas

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since when is a tux not decent clothing? Have we gone that far downhill that anything that remotely approaches gentility is unattractive? Please.

Clark Gable=putz? Okay...

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dbot:

OK...I'll try to get a new picture sometime soon, where in the picture I won't be exceptionally formal (and possibly giving an incorrect impression) but instead be what I'm like most days.

I've considered getting a different hairstyle, but I'm not sure where I could learn more about that. I can't really ask my barber because he's 70 and will start working only part-time and semi-retired next year. I did learn of another barber I can go to that's in his mid-30s and knows a lot about different styles but I probably won't go to him until after my current barber cuts back on hours (right when 2005 starts).

Akindofblue:

It can seem that way sometimes.

There are even some men here who are afraid to do something simple like opening a door for a woman, because it might make them seem "AFC." I open doors for people, but only because to me it's just the right thing to do. C'mon...if an old man or a small child is behind you, wouldn't you open the door for them? Or someone carrying something big?

Most of the time others open doors for me if I'm right behind them, and I think better of them, not worse.

I think some people are just afraid of being AFC. How you do something can be just as important as what you do. I open doors for people, but it's not because I'm a he and she's a she.

Ben

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JT47319 said:
Girls will do a sh it load of things with/for guys that are GOOD LOOKING than they will for guys of average or even above average looks.

It sounds like you can get into ABOVE average looks, but you aren't going to get into model hot good looks. Trust me, I wing with some model caliber dudes and while their game is WEAK, they can bag a new girl once every week.

Still, above average is still way better than average or below average.
It is great that you posted this, as I am one of those guys who is about a 7 out of 10 in looks, but I wish that I was much better looking than that.

If I am upset about the fact that 30% of guys are better looking than me, it must be terrible for the 70% that look worse than me.

I just wish that I looked like, Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson, but as I don't I have had to become a perfectionist in all areas of my life.

I have had to go to the gym three times a week to build my body into a very strong and powerful state, I have had to study hard to acheive high academic qualifications, I have had to continuously affirm positive beleifs about myself into my subconscious mind, I have had to learn how to fight, I have had to dress in clothes that make me look better and I have had to study the psychology about what makes gorgeous girls attracted to guys and to study their body language as well.

Often I read posts on this site where guys say that looks mean nothing to the hottest babes, but I know that they do, as I have seen 10 out 10 hunks getting the most gorgeous girls everywhere that I have been throughout my 38 years of my living on this earth.

It is about time some guy wrote the truth about this and it is a pleasant change from the lies that others are writting about. :yes:

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the newsletter, something relevant appeared:

" Essentially, in the case of Speed Dating, it showed that women don't
know, or at least are terrible at explaining, what they want.

They gave a group of women a score sheet to mark how they liked the
man they were dating over the next six minutes (hence speed dating).
They were to give a marking before, during, and after the date, as
well as a month later. The results were overwhelming.

BEFORE they sat down and talked with the guys the women consistently
placed a marking based almost completely on looks, style, and other
sexual ornamentation (such as height, hair color, skin tone, etc.).

DURING the date, the women consistently scored upon how much the guy
made her laugh, kept her interested, and seemed like he had things
going for him.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER the date the women scored based upon how eager
they were to see him again, and on how much he had made her curious
about him, and whether or not he had made her wonder if she could
have a chance with him.

ONE MONTH LATER, the scores were almost exactly the same as they had
been before they had met the guy.

What does this tell us?

Well, what Malcolm Gladwell explains is that the women were scoring
BEFORE and ONE MONTH AFTER based upon what they THOUGHT they should
say, rather than what they actually felt for the guy, as they didn't
really know him. This was simply a case of classic social
conditioning.

DURING and IMMEDIATELY AFTER the date the women were scoring based
upon HOW THEY FELT AT THAT MOMENT and HOW EMOTIONALLY ATTRACTED the
woman was to the guy.

Turns out then, that the key to attracting women is to GET THEM
EMOTIONALLY ATTRACTED, get them FEELING things, WONDERING about you,
and CURIOUS about what's going to happen next. "

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KoalaKing said:
Often I read posts on this site where guys say that looks mean nothing to the hottest babes, but I know that they do, as I have seen 10 out 10 hunks getting the most gorgeous girls everywhere that I have been throughout my 38 years of my living on this earth.
I agree looks are a big thing. But you have to remember that like men, women also have different taste. What one dude finds attractive, another might not. Same applies for women.

I went through my early teen years thinking I was an ugly loser and no girl would want me... (My mother practiced favoritism for my brother and hatred to me and always told me I was worthless and that I would never get anywhere in life... She told me this from an early age) Luckily I snapped out of it and chose to not listen to what my mother and friends told me. Of course I still got girls, but not that many when I was in that mindset.

I surrounded myself with positive people that were encouraging, and I changed my mindset. I realise now that I totally can get with cute girls, and I do... I believe that looks without confidence/game won't get you that far... Even a bit above average looks with confidence can go a long way!

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn you gravediggers bringing this thread back from the dead.

But yes if you look good girls will be a lot more lenient if you screw up, even if you don't have game.