Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inglourious Basterds

Thunderstruck7

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was rolling by the end of this movie...the slow parts sucked but they were important to the story. just wish they had more of the basterds with the bear jew and brad pitts southern accent.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look Ma! We're doing a Nazi film! Why yes, of course we get to kill Hitler!
Talk about tasteless.

worship

Banned
Reaction score
I was disappointed.

Judging from the ads it looked like it would be a hectic movie with lots of shooting. 90% of the movie was just talking in German, boring...

The action scenes were pretty good though and there was a few funny parts.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
worship said:
I was disappointed.

Judging from the ads it looked like it would be a hectic movie with lots of shooting. 90% of the movie was just talking in German, boring...

The action scenes were pretty good though and there was a few funny parts.

I haven't seen it, but that's what I'd expect from a Tarantino film. All his movies focus on the dialogue. I think that's part of what makes them so unique and good. Few movies can make long dialogue scenes so interesting.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome movie. There were no slow parts to this movie. If all you were expecting was gore and violence, then I can see how you'd think this was slow. But every bit of dialogue was masterfully done ! If you didn't appreciate it, oh well !

Last edited:

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
negative portrayl of Germans ? Dude, this is how they acted during WW2. they were all pompous, snobby bastards that thought they were doing the world a favor by riding the world of Jews.

S.S.N. 318

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a good movie in my book....No Doubt!!!

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
negative portrayl of Germans ? Dude, this is how they acted during WW2. they were all pompous, snobby bastards that thought they were doing the world a favor by riding the world of Jews.
I think they were somewhere in the middle. Some guys are going to a-holes anyway, some hate the war, and most were probably just doing it to get a check and happy it was everyone else with boot on their neck instead of it being them.

lalahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
weisman44 the only two german female characters in the movie was this woman who was buffer and more masculine than the other germans, and the traitor who both sides used and discarded (then killed)

not to mention every "righteous" person was huge nicely built honest working man like the french dude in the beginning of the movie, the bear jew, compared to almost every major german character who is smeagol looking, fat short, or something else

oh and the time when they kill the innocent germans like the dad who had a baby born, the guy at the end of the movie who defected and gave himself over to the other side, and then they justify it and make a joke out of it "Scalp him johnny!"

no offense the nazi's and alot of germans were pretty ****ed up and did evil ****, but as funny as inglorius basterds was, its practically propaganda

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah. good movie guys.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
and if you think the Nazis are evil you should see what the Americans are doing in Iraq.
Do tell.:woo:

Juice09

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was an entertaining movie, and basically what I expected. Two hours of historical inaccuracy, anti-German propaganda (as every single German character was portrayed as being a psycho), and let's not forget the must-have quality of a WW2 movie, make Hitler look like a maniac (wearing a cape, no less!)

I agree though that it's more pro-jewish propaganda. It definitely wouldn't be as popular if it was about a group getting back at the Jews instead. Imagine if Tarantino made a movie called "Inglorious Hamas" where a bunch of Palestinians from the bombed out Gaza Strip go into Israel, shoot up Jews, beat them down with bats, and carve Star of David's into their heads. The context would be the same, a revenge fantasy, but that movie would be banned from public viewing, people would be claiming its anti-semetic and Tarantino would be finished in Hollywood.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tasteless: some action-movie superheroes walk in there and just kill Hitler, smoke a cigarette and have a jolly good laugh. Pretty cool, huh? Nice 'n easy. Whereas, in reality, skilled assassins failed again and again. These people were brutally executed. Hardly a laughing matter!

The film reeks of pure arrogance. Very much reminds me of this:

P.S.: this is not against the Jews. This is against the modern, very american, taste in entertainment. Do you like to be entertained by Hitler? There you go.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Juice09 said:
I agree though that it's more pro-jewish propaganda. It definitely wouldn't be as popular if it was about a group getting back at the Jews instead. Imagine if Tarantino made a movie called "Inglorious Hamas" where a bunch of Palestinians from the bombed out Gaza Strip go into Israel, shoot up Jews, beat them down with bats, and carve Star of David's into their heads. The context would be the same, a revenge fantasy, but that movie would be banned from public viewing, people would be claiming its anti-semetic and Tarantino would be finished in Hollywood.
Yeah right. Tarantino would be made a hero by the Jew-hating left, and Obama would be playing it in the White House.