Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Influenza

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the flu. I can't believe how terrible it is making me feel. I had numerous colds this past year but didn't even bat an eyelash, but the flu has trapped me in bed for 3 days now. I've had a fever of 103F. It seems like I have a permanent headache. I'm always cold. My body aches, especially my back. Luckly my nose has turned into a faucet of mucus and I'm going through tissues like 50 Cent goes through groupies. I say luckly because when you start getting mucus that means that your body is expelling the virus.

I've been popping Aspirin and Ibuprofin like there's no tomorrow. That can't be good for me. What else can I expect from this flu? How much longer will I feel ****ty? Any remedies that you know of? Will I be able to go in to work on next Monday (I've had strong symptoms since Saturday)?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
usually ur out 7 days or so with the flu, depends on how strong ur immune system is. numerous colds you say? I havent been sick all year so maybe im lucky.

are you throwing up? i know when i had the flu a long time ago i was pukin like crazy so try and drink alot of tea (peppermint green tea) and eat alot of fruit like canteloupe and whatever else you can stomach.

you should be good by next monday.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are down and out Dr. M

My best advice I can give is to get your hands on some fresh ginger root. It stops headaches, eases an upset stomach, detoxifies the liver, controls nausea and also reduces inflammation anywhere in the body. It is revered as a sacred herb in Chinese medicine for its vast and powerful healing properties.

All you need to do is steep about a teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger in a cup of boiling water to make a tea. Add honey (or even better, maple syrup) a pinch of cayenne pepper (stops mucus, add as much as you can muster) and squeeze some lemon (for immunity boost) into it. You should also avoid dairy, sugar, caffeine and flour because they will keep your nose dripping!

If you can stomach it, eat raw fruit , especially apples, melons and bananas. Some homemade soup always does a body good. Keep yourself warm and try to sweat it out. Most importantly, drink a LOT of water and rest as much as you can.

It is good to stretch a little to ease the back pains. Some Tiger Balm or Vicks VapoRub goes a long way. Rub it on your sore spots and your chest with a hot shower for maximum effect. This is how I have treated my worst flus and they never last more than 2 days.

It's time to get better dude. New Years Eve is upon us!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can try hot totties to help you forget how bad you feel and helps you rest and relax so you can get better.

basically you need sleep and lots of water and tissues.

warm tea also seems to help relax you and soaking in a hot bath can too.

sweat pants and a baggy tshirt seem to fit you mood tonite.

get well soon!

Jizamurai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! Thanks Fingz, I'm gonna remember that!

Hope y'all have a kickass New Years!! :)

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just getting over my flu of about 4-5 days. I read up a lot and saw that a few places said not to take aspirin as it could lead to Reye's syndrome.

I just took some Nyquil Cold/Flu, slept for about 18 hours, and I felt a lot better.