Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Indication

MG69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would like to suggest that is there a way the forum can track which thread a user has posted in so that he can follow up the thread

there are so many great posts sometime i dun even rem whih of the thread i have participated in....

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally second this if there is a way to do it. I post an awful lot and it does get confusing sometimes to keep up with all the discussions I'm participating in. Thanks, MG.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Did I say something that offended you? Click here

ghost_x01

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been posting to that many threads lately (pesky work stuff is killing my free time - damn making a living is getting in the way of living) so I don't have a lot of threads to keep track of for now. But to find the ones that I am involved in I just do a search based on my user name.

Two additions I would like to see though (that would also make this a little easier).

1) It would be nice if the search results could be returned (or sorted) from newest to oldest.

2) It would also be nice to be able to search all forums at once (instead of one at a time).

If server side processing time is an issue with letting everyone search every forum at once (all you need is a few people searching every message for the word 'the' to bring everything to a grinding halt). Perhaps a seperate search page that only allows user name searches of all forums would be appropriate. It should keep the bandwidth and server requests down (at least within acceptable levels).

Just my thoughts on the subject.

G. Host

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Ghost_x01 wrote:

Two additions I would like to see though (that would also make this a little easier).

1) It would be nice if the search results could be returned (or sorted) from newest to oldest.

2) It would also be nice to be able to search all forums at once (instead of one at a time).

I have been looking for something like that too, and here is what I found so far. To do a search for your posts across all forums, do this:

First go to one of your posts and click the "face icon". It's located right after the date and time of your post. The face icon also displays a tool tip if you're using IE and you hover the mouse over it. The tool tip will say:
"click here to see the profile for [your user name]"

After clicking that icon, you'll get a grid displaying your profile information or lack thereof.

Just above the grid in the upper left corner is a link that says:
"Search: All posts by this registered user"

Click that link.

The good news is that it will search all the forums, and it will even sort the results by date for each forum you posted in.

The bad news is it is limited to finding 200 posts per forum, and the biggest problem of all is that there is nothing there (in this view) to tell you that one of those threads got new posts on it since the last time you checked.

Hope that helped.

DeepBlue

ghost_x01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks DeepBlue, I never noticed that option before. It cuts down on some of the effort of tracking posts.

G. Host

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very DAMN GOOD idea, it would be super-helpful.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.