Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Indian male planning to come to USA on H1B visa for better dating life

Reaction score
I can't say for sure if my failure with women is entirely due to my personality or it has something to do with the country. I did try approaching women and it is not working. I'm getting old and wasted away. Don't ask me to ask my parents to choose my bride; I don't like that practice.
I have asked this question in a number of other forums (as the date for filing for H1B is fast approaching) and I get mixed response. Some laugh, some say it is a good idea and that American women love Indian men, some say I'd be disappointed, some say it is idiotic as India has 1 billion population and there are more beautiful women here. Some Indian men agree that David DeAngelo techniques of approaching stranger women don't work in India. I'm sure some Don Juans here are Indian/of Indian origin so I'd like to know what their opinion is. It does take a lot of uprooting for me to leave India and go to US, like leaving a job and go in search of new one that may not be so good, be forced to share accomodation with strangers due to high cost of living, the time and money involved etc.
Just to clarify, I want to date a number of women before commiting to one. I don't necessarily think that American women are easier, I just think they respond better to right techniques.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
I can't say for sure if my failure with women is entirely due to my personality or it has something to do with the country. I did try approaching women and it is not working. I'm getting old and wasted away. Don't ask me to ask my parents to choose my bride; I don't like that practice.
I have asked this question in a number of other forums (as the date for filing for H1B is fast approaching) and I get mixed response. Some laugh, some say it is a good idea and that American women love Indian men, some say I'd be disappointed, some say it is idiotic as India has 1 billion population and there are more beautiful women here. Some Indian men agree that David DeAngelo techniques of approaching stranger women don't work in India. I'm sure some Don Juans here are Indian/of Indian origin so I'd like to know what their opinion is. It does take a lot of uprooting for me to leave India and go to US, like leaving a job and go in search of new one that may not be so good, be forced to share accomodation with strangers due to high cost of living, the time and money involved etc.
Just to clarify, I want to date a number of women before commiting to one. I don't necessarily think that American women are easier, I just think they respond better to right techniques.
If you are a masculine Indian you should be able to pull white girls.

If you are the geeky kind of Indian then stay in India.

It's hard to say because I don't know what I'm dealing with here.

PM a pic of you to make it easier.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its hard to give you advice like chris said if you dont give us specifics....how old are you, do you have pics ? are you coming here just because white women will be more 'open' than indian women?? Have you tried in india, ..what are the issues you are facing....I second what chris said...

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love how some of you guys fall for these jokes.

Guys, you are so f------ stupid. Seriously, you can't just bolt for America from India. If so you would have millions of people entering America every week. Indians are not Brits. They can't just walk into America with a passport. There are a limited number of work visas that are given to countries. It is VERY hard for an Indian to get one for America or Western Europe. They definitely aren't coming for the females :crackup:

BTW, the name is funny. I will give this guy that much. "AreYouSingleFemale" :rock: Love that name. I give this guy some major props for the name alone.

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a way of emailing an attachment to members.
Why are looks so important? Whatever happened to the importance placed on confidence? I hate telling age which never stops increasing. Its been 5 years out of college.
Yes I'm planning to come just because white women will be more 'open' than Indian women. I tried in India. They mostly don't welcome strangers approaching them and talking for no apparant reason. They may also refuse to give phone numbers.
meitenesrigas, I know work visas are limited. But I need to pay Rs.50000 just to apply and if I get lucky in the H1B lottery then I don't want to be put in a dilemma whether to go or not for women; I want to decide right now before applying. Anyways, even if I don't get the visa, this discussion is still valid; because I can decide to apply for work permit to Canada/UK/Germany to get women.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PrinceBeavis said:
Indian women are hot.
To each his own. 99% of Western Males don't agree with you, but more power to you. Right now I have every freaking Italian and Turk outside my apartment window walking around. They aren't here for the architecture or the bad tap water. That is for sure. I wish more of their swarthy behinds would head to Mumbai. Would make my weekends less annoying.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
There doesn't seem to be a way of emailing an attachment to members.
Why are looks so important? Whatever happened to the importance placed on confidence? I hate telling age which never stops increasing. Its been 5 years out of college.
Yes I'm planning to come just because white women will be more 'open' than Indian women. I tried in India. They mostly don't welcome strangers approaching them and talking for no apparant reason. They may also refuse to give phone numbers.
If you were really Indian you would be the computer wiz around here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0
Here just tell these guys this is you.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
Indians and Orientals and virtually anything that isn't white other than some black guys get nothing in countries like the US, UK, Australia etc. The women want white men, indian and oriental men are seen in a bad light as an inferior race with bad connotations. Don't waste your time moving over just to get discriminated against due to your skin colour. They say it's not about race but about masculinity etc. but there are a ton of scrawny white guys who look like women who still get women. White men are still deemed the best, end of.

MM

Reaction score
You say they discriminate based on skin colour but also say "some back guys" get chicks. I don't think you have a valid point. In my own eyes many white Americans on movies look as brown as a fair skinned Indian. May be they discriminate based on confidence, etc? Few days ago I asked on yahoo answers whether American women discriminate against dating Indian men and they all said no : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...PXskSdbty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080208055954AAsrSWh
And my friend doing MS in US said he is dating 4 white chicks and that they actually love his brown skin.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no law that says Indian men cannot pickup white women. There are some things working against Indian men, thought. Awareness can help minimize problems

1) The smell of curry. If one lives in an apartment building, the smell will literally stick up the entire building for hours. This will not make the neighbors very happy.

2) The Indian accent. I think it is good to work on minimizing this because if it's very thick it's hard to understand. Personally, I don't mind the accent of Indian women but for some reason I hear a lot of American women of all races complain about it in Indian men they have to speak on the phone too.

3) More and more Indian men/women are moving to the states and becoming sucessful here. Although there are cultural differences, it's nothing a good attitude and some persistence cannot overcome.

Some people are obsessed with race/ethnicity and manage to convince themselves that all women want X guys. The statistics do not say that though. If you look at US marriage stats by race there is no race of people who marries any specific race. In fact, interracial marriage in the US is steadily increasing each year.

White women are much more likely to marry a black man than vice verse.

White men are much more likely to marry an Asian woman than vice versa.

Those are trends which have been consistent, but there is no rule. I think you just have to be interesting. I met an Indian guy in South America not too long ago who definitely wasn't picking up women with his looks. He was scrawny and kind of nerdy looking, but he was a really interesting person. He had a lot of good stories about his life and before long the woman he was talking to was into him.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
Few days ago I asked on yahoo answers whether American women discriminate against dating Indian men and they all said no.
Ha, well of course they would say that.

But Madmanic is somewhat right. It is not the skin color that makes any problem with American women, but the accent and culture. To charm women, you must make them laugh, flirt, and understand sarcasm in the same way that they do, and many asians have trouble with this. My Indian friends who grew up in America have little problem, but Asians with thick accents have only a few American friends at work; they spend their free time with other Indians.

On the other hand, Indians tend to put much more emphasis on academic achievement, so if you are a doctor or a very successful engineer, race and culture do not matter at all.

cyp6

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Indians and Orientals and virtually anything that isn't white other than some black guys get nothing in countries like the US, UK, Australia etc. The women want white men, indian and oriental men are seen in a bad light as an inferior race with bad connotations. Don't waste your time moving over just to get discriminated against due to your skin colour. They say it's not about race but about masculinity etc. but there are a ton of scrawny white guys who look like women who still get women. White men are still deemed the best, end of.

MM
Im Indean and Iv dated and plenty of white women... though I don't look like your typical Indean guy and also that I live in So-Cal and because Im in college.

Reaction score
Come to America if you are looking for a white hor - because if you are looking for a wife then you are coming to the wrong place!!!

meitenesrigas said:
To each his own. 99% of Western Males don't agree with you, but more power to you. Right now I have every freaking Italian and Turk outside my apartment window walking around. They aren't here for the architecture or the bad tap water. That is for sure. I wish more of their swarthy behinds would head to Mumbai. Would make my weekends less annoying.
Why not go back to your cave in europe and find yourself a white cave woman!!

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AYSF,

If you come from India, surely you must be aware of Yogic practices.
Especially Tantra Yoga.

Also, you must understand that women ultimately are attracted to Masculinity, regardless of race or skin color.

What you must do as a different ethnicity in America is not play into any 'stigmas', and be BEYOND any racial or cultural negativities and stigmas.
Minimize this, while ACCENTUATING your Exoticness and most importantly, your sexually confident Masculinity.

DO not approach the world in a posture 'SEEKING APPROVAL' and SEEKING PERMISSION.
You will NOT GET IT this way.
But you CANNOT be ARROGANT.

You must be confident and Self Assured, and live your life independent of the negative people who want to bring you down.

You must evaluate yourself, and think of what do YOU bring to the table.
What do you have to offer?
What is your sense of Self Worth?
What is your Self Image?
Are you overly apologetiv?
Seeking approval?
Seeking permission?
bending over backwards to please others?

Remeber , do not be ARROGANT, and 'act superior".

Questions?