Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In serious need of help to overcome what I think is severe ONE-ITIS, its ruining me.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Background information.

Around three years ago, I met a girl when I was around 15 who I completely clicked with, when i say completely, it felt that like after a few weeks we completely knew each other, we'd talk effortlessly every day. Unfortunately that ended as quickly as it started, with examinations and about an hour distance between us not to mention me becoming to needy with my feelings for her.

From those three years onwards I had never been with a girl as a girlfriend let alone dated one, who I clicked with like that. I always got bored around a month into a relationship, I became disheartened with them, basically, they had the looks right? But the personality didn't match mine.

Now, I read the Game around 6 months ago and I had success with it, I went out and bought several books linking to that most notably those by Gambler, Mystery, Vin De Carlo etc etc. And I was getting on fine and improving.

It was because of these that I met current HB9 known as Jen.

About Jen

She's the same age as me, amazing brunette, fast witted and stupidly intelligent. Athletic and elegant, and wanted by many. I originally used the same method as I used on other girls, I opened her etc. Except she saw through everything I'd learnt and used in the field previously, I remember within the first few hours of meeting her she said, "You play the game fast but you lose quicker".
From that point, I ditched routines and reverted to my normal self, and we got talking about our common interests. Within a week, we were talking every day, phone calls at night, and getting to know each other more.

We met up finally at a music festival, spent the three nights there together and her friends commented to her that, "me and her were like male-female copies of each other", she herself said, she smiled at how effortlessly her and I got on, there was no awkwardness seeing each other for the first time. She went on about how she smiles at the end of a phonecall between us, how I'm a match for her, intellectually etc etc.

The problems

She is emotionally dead. When I say dead, I mean, stone cold, no pulse, dead. She got completely ruined about three years ago by an ex boyfriend, from there she went into MDMA and ecstasy use at parties at 15/16, became bulimic and all of that, was admitted into hospital etc.

So she now hates, attachment, relationships, feelings, intimacy basically.
I have tried everything to break through all of this.

Now I'm sorry for this going on but this is where I hope everyone can help. What she does, is has around four boys on the go at once. Me included. Basically all friends with benefits so to speak. I never had a problem with this initially until I started to fall for her more and the other girls paled in comparison to her. In the end, I became this emotionally invested in her that we had a big talk about me and her, being "exclusive" in seeing each other, dating and that. I didn't want any other male in the picture because I knew her being surrounded by men prevented attachment.

We came close to agreeing upon this, but she said she just couldn't do it. I gave her an ultimatum that was, exclusivity or I walk.

Unfortunately and you will all shake your heads at this: I couldn't follow through with it. I felt **** not speaking to her, I couldn't do it and so we fell back into speaking. Two weeks past again and we knew each other as best friends so to speak. Secrets and troubles, whatever, we both knew each others. I asked her out into a relationship and she was on the precipice of saying 'yes'.

Again this fell through after much deliberation but then we reverted to exclusivity conversations again and in the end she said,

"You are going to university in a month, what is the point in changing how I am for the amount of time"

We had arguments after this, to the point that we would say, "enough is enough, leave me be, I don't want to speak to you"

Either her, or me would then text later and apologise and we would make up, one day we finally made up and moved past our arguments.

So again we continued to talk, we met up and everything was amazing.
In phone calls and texts, she would say we would never kiss, she thinks of me as a brother, and yet, in person, it would happen, we would kiss, and so on. She would say how I make her smile and why, everything just didn't make sense.

She has a hatred of cuddling, to the point she doesn't let her own mother cuddle her, yet she would move up against me when we were sat down and cuddle to me, or lie on my chest etc. This really confused me, her behaviours changed around me.

What is hurting me now and got me in pieces

I genuinely think that I love her. My reasoning for this is the feeling of clicking I described at the beginning that I hadn't felt for so long, I felt with Jen, except so much stronger than the first time. Fractionation maybe?

A few days ago, I discovered she was going away to Sheffield for this weekend. I found out she was going to meet up with a boy we will call X.

Her and X ****ed whilst she was on holiday for three weeks in the summer. I knew about him just as she knew about my girlfriends etc and what not. I knew little about him, he was never really texting her or calling her when I was with her (as some other boys did to her) and so he was never on my mind until now.

It felt like X was the one main competitor to me for spending time with her. I knew she was going there and that she would **** him and be with him and so I really couldn't take it any longer and spoke to her about it.

It turned into an argument anyway and she said things I'd not heard her say before about any other boys. Things such as;

"You don't understand anything that has been said, he was going to accept a work placement nearer where she lived so they could see each other more. You can **** off if you think you are the only boy who cares about me"

I said to her, that the whole reason she didn't want a relationship with me wasn't because she was scared or didn't want to drop her 4 FWB's, but rather she didn't want to drop him.

She responded kindly:

"You don't know anything, that is stupid. I don't want a relationship which is why I told him to go to Newcastle rather than here because he would regret it just coming here for me. Idiot. When I have told others I do not want a relationship they respect it, but not you. You want what you want and I'm not giving it to you. I'm not choosing anyone because at the end of the day, I do not care. If you want to be friends we will stay friends but if you want a relationship then I am sorry but you are wasting your time with me"

Now guys, I know this has been a long post, but I can't logically think through this.

The thing is.

I am going to university next weekend and originally we were going to spend a few days together this coming week, together. But now, this has thrown me. I felt sick, envious, jealous, angry. Everything basically. She's on my mind all day and today, I just want to speak to her and move past the fact she has been ****ing this other guy in Sheffield.

I know that university will kill the contact most probably, but this isn't like other one-itis you hear about where they want to **** the girl. It's past physical for her, I'm worried that I won't find another girl I completely click with like her for such a long time.

I don't know what to do about her, how to go about it. I haven't spoken to her since yesterday and this weekend she is with X most probably.

I cannot contact her, foolishly I deleted her number and any texts off her and she hasn't text me since I left her hanging mid argument. So if it continues like this, i won't be able to see her.

I want to see her before I go away but then I don't know what will come of it. We get on as best friends and if she didn't have all her emotional problems we would be together.

Can you PUA's give this AFC some advice and help on this, it's ruined my game, I don't want to go out and sarge, I just want to speak to her and enjoy the feeling of being around her again.

Why do I feel like I do, what do I do with it? I've never felt it before and it's debilitating.

Many thanks

Spearmint.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few days ago, I discovered she was going away to Sheffield for this weekend. I found out she was going to meet up with a boy we will call X.

Her and X ****ed whilst she was on holiday for three weeks in the summer. I knew about him just as she knew about my girlfriends etc and what not. I knew little about him, he was never really texting her or calling her when I was with her (as some other boys did to her) and so he was never on my mind until now.
Once she goes and fvcks someone else that should be your wake up call. I hate to break it to you, because I've suffered through more cases of oneitis than I can recall and they hurt like a bastard, but this isn't going anywhere and the sooner you let go the sooner you can recover and move on. She's told you she doesn't want a relationship, so you have nothing to gain from chasing her and so much to lose.

Just be aware that all the power to solve this problem is in your hands. You can chase her, try to do or say the right thing and keep this up for months or years, and end up with nothing, or you can wake up tomorrow and focus on moving forward and putting all this down to experience.

It's upto you man. My advice is to go and make the best of yourself, use this pain as motivation. Hit the gym and think of her when you're pushing weights around. Set yourself a goal of being better than you've ever been and becoming the man she would drool over if you ever meet again.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it normal for me to feel this awful?

I always hear and read about the scarcity factor in one-itis, is that what's going on here?

I have no idea why I value talking to her and being around her so much, even a few weeks ago I sort of knew a relationship wasn't going to happen because I was going away.

But why then do I still want to see her in the last week before I do leave?

Thanks for your post Jariel, means alot man.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow at the fact you think u love a girl who is ****ing 4 other guys at the same time

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got nothing wise to offer scribblec, in future don't.

Feelings are fickle are they not, one moment you can love your best friend the next you can hate them.

If I feel I love her, then I do. I wasn't asking for advice or senior knowledge on that, I was asking about everything else.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am no DJ, but I lurk a lot of marriage sites so I know how LTRs and marriages work more than PUs. This girl has a lot to work on, and she'll hurt you now, short and long term.

Get away now. Twelve weeks to fall out of love with someone. And it has to be no contact for life.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spearmint said:
Got nothing wise to offer scribblec, in future don't.

Feelings are fickle are they not, one moment you can love your best friend the next you can hate them.

If I feel I love her, then I do. I wasn't asking for advice or senior knowledge on that, I was asking about everything else.

well what i was hoping you would get from that is you need to ****ing value yourself higher, why are u settling for something so pathetic it should be you ****ing the 4 girls and having that one girl you "love" to be chasing you, thats the sign of a winner but your right what do i know about being wise?

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
That was what I was looking for first time scribblec, thank you.

Where have my insecurities come from, jealousy and the feeling of not meeting someone like her again?

I've never felt jealous over any other girl before.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spearmint said:
Can you PUA's give this AFC some advice and help on this, it's ruined my game, I don't want to go out and sarge, I just want to speak to her and enjoy the feeling of being around her again.

Why do I feel like I do, what do I do with it? I've never felt it before and it's debilitating.

QUOTE]
1. your game isn't ruined. her heart is ruined before you even met her.
2. what we want, and what we need are not always the same things.
3. you feel the way you do, because you genuinally care about her. it hurts when people we love don't return the same amount.
4. i think you should come to think of this as a learning experience. one day, you will look back and it won't hurt anymore. it will feel much different.

good luck!

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh dear. Women like this are like a beautiful Ferrari engine with the big end destroyed. They're perfect apart from that one little flaw that more or less nullifies the whole thing.
If she's damaged like you say she is, she may start for a minute, but will then stall, I fear. You'll have a job getting her up and running properly.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Spearmint:
First recognize you have the ability to feel and care. This is good. Don't let a damaged woman or anyone ever take that from you. This world needs more caring people. Falling for this girl will bite you in the ass because she has stated directly she will never be "with just you". She is acting in an incredibly selfish way entirely disrespecting your feelings and having no concern for hurting you. If she really loved you, she would respect who you are and not seek to pull you through pain. She knows you care about her, yet she meets other men, has sex, and keeps herself at a distance.

Realize this is not YOU. This is her. She will do this again to others until she somehow comes to terms with whatever deep psychological wounds she is still carrying. This woman needs to find some inner-peace and resolution to her past pain and realize not all men are d1ckbags. Just as we at SS probably need to constantly keep in mind "not all women are cvnts".

One-itis hurts. Losing love hurts. Know this -- it will get better -- and when you meet another woman who you are interested in, you will have great excitement again and you can feel love for more than one person in your life. Don't do anything crazy in this period of your suffering. Keep a healthy distance for yourself -- or else you'll go crazy at this hampster wheel you're on with her. When you are down, do something you enjoy to pick you up -- take up something to better yourself. Like Jariel said, lift, run, strengthen your mind/body and say "next girl will treat me 10x better".

We have to set a standard for how we wish to be treated. Use this as a learning experience and set a standard from this for yourself. There are women who will respect you and will not fvck around like this -- and they likely will not be as mentally damaged.

The only mistake you've made here is investing into the wrong woman -- we've all done this, it is part of learning -- but as we get older and through experience we learn to see the situation better for what it really is. Don't let her pain and emotional upheaval become yours.

You sound like a genuine person. You are not alone brotha.

/also note jealousy are normal emotions and must be metered in some way, but if she is directly fvcking other guys it would take a super-human idiot not be jealous...you have a right to those feelings, those feelings are telling you something -- ie, that this isn't fair, that you're being wronged. This is not a paranoid-jealousy. This is the real deal. Also, we all have had that fear -- me too -- about not finding "her again", but you may think the next one is "the one" too, it may take time, but you will be surprised those same feelings will apply but with a different subject (woman). If anything, work to meter also your "she's the one" feeling and be more self-questioning in those feelings. (this latter task, for myself at least, is my current work in progress).

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop taking women so seriously. I don't mean don't mean don't make women your priority. I mean don't treat them as beings worthy of serious consideration. It's not worth spending 10 minutes thinking about a girl.

At least not until they have proved that they're balanced and decent individuals (the vast minority).

P

perseverance

When I get one-itis which isn't often, but it has happened recently and it's not going anywhere. I just go no contact, it saves you pain and embarrassment in the long run.

One-itis makes me sick, it fills your head with fantasy nonsense and purposely makes you ignore red flags and warning signs/ serious faults about a girl.

When I look back on my recent one-itis that I have gotten over, I've realised how much better my life is now I don't have such a cancerous person in my life anymore. This girl if allowed to control your thoughts/actions will become cancerous to your system. How do you get rid of cancer? You cut them out. Cut this low quality piece of scum out of your life and enjoy the fact that you have escaped from her clutches.

Women are venus fly traps, always remember that.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A strange phenomenon happens when you obsess over a person. When you see them in real-life (versus fantasize about them), they seem to have a magical aura about them. This is what happens after crystallization of their image has occurred (Robert Greene). But the funny part is, nobody else sees them that way except you, especially your friends and family (unless they are truly the right person). As Carlos Xuma said: "You're high on the crack pipe of love."

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
She is a broken hoe.. it was a bad idea for you to chose her to be addicted to also cause now her dysfunction will affect your life..

she is on drugs and has mental issues so her sex life is crazy as hell also..

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spearmint said:
Is it normal for me to feel this awful?

I always hear and read about the scarcity factor in one-itis, is that what's going on here?

I know that university will kill the contact most probably, but this isn't like other one-itis you hear about where they want to **** the girl. It's past physical for her, I'm worried that I won't find another girl I completely click with like her for such a long time.
One-itis is never about f**** a girl. There's no 'price' to be paid for engaging/disengaging in casual sex (that's the whole point of being casual). That's why we see a lot of one-itis posts compared to threads solely on 'the game'.

The certainty you have that she's the one is the Oxytocin speaking. It may not help you much in changing things, but try to read something about it, it's at least interesting to know the chemical changes at play here.

There's one thing I can tell you that might eventually help:

STOP seeing her like the victim and you like the savior!!!

It's normal in this situations to think that she's the poor soul that needs someone to save her. Most likely she was not 'broken' by any relationships, she has always been just like the way she's now.

The more time you spend thinking that she has no control about what she does, the more time you will suffer. People make choices. It may sound to you that this is not the case because the idea of saving her might be appealing to someone who's emotionally invested in her.

Eventually you will learn that what she does is a lot more deliberated than you think.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
When I get one-itis which isn't often, but it has happened recently and it's not going anywhere. I just go no contact, it saves you pain and embarrassment in the long run.

One-itis makes me sick, it fills your head with fantasy nonsense and purposely makes you ignore red flags and warning signs/ serious faults about a girl.
So true! It's weird how your mind plays tricks on you when you feel like this, how much sh!t you're willing to tolerate, how many excuses you make for her and how you always seek out positives and ignore the more realistic negatives. You know you shouldn't contact her, but you do anyway and logic goes out of the window.

I remember a similar experience when I quit smoking. Oneitis is very much an addiction and you have to treat it as one. In other words, like perseverance said, no contact is the only way to go. As with smoking or any addiction, the first week or two is very hard, but it gets easier and you'll look back with a fresh perspective and feel so glad you got her out of your life.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
She is a broken hoe. It was a bad idea for you to chose her to be addicted to also because now her dysfunction will affect your life.

She is on drugs and has mental issues so her sex life is crazy as hell also.
This should be a T-shirt slogan.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your insight on this, it's nice to know us males can come here and speak in terms that others probably wouldn't understand or never consider.

She never went to Sheffield to **** X. I had been ignoring her for two days until she was ringing me one night and she had been taken into hospital. Not drug related but with suspected apendicitis.

Unfortunately I wasn't cold hearted enough to not speak to her knowing where she was.

However, I am leaving home in about 5 days and I am certain this will kill or nullify the feelings I have now, because of the many distractions that will be around me.

In response to Buddha Mind. And what you said;

"Jealousy are normal emotions and must be metered in some way, if a girl you have strong feelings for is directly ****ing other guys it would take a super-human idiot not be jealous. You have a right to those feelings, those feelings are telling you something, basically that this isn't fair, that you're being wronged. This is not a paranoid-jealousy. This is the real deal."

So my first question would be, how do those of you out there who are more experienced than me, handle jealousy, how would I go about metering it and not letting it bury itself in my stomach and begin to let it deteriorate my otherwise healthy look on things?

"fear about not finding "her again". I know a lot of guys believe next one is the one" too, if anything, work to meter also your "she's the one" feeling and be more self-questioning in those feelings."

Now at this present time, with my mindset and how I feel, obviously I find it difficult to question a girl I have strong feelings for, so to the guys not experiencing that or even to those that have, how do I go about not getting the "she's the one" feeling and mindset?

Basically, I have realised it got to a point where I went from not being remotely bothered about any other guy because I told myself they had zero game, and I had the knowledge and support of forums, personal experience in the field etc.
Then I started to be more concerned about other guys, questioning what they had and I didn't so to speak. I do not know why.

Any information and personal experiences and what anyone on here did about it would be a great help to me in the future.

Many thanks, Spearmint.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
The best way to get over a girl is to get on top of another