Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Improving Your Looks Thread

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Post any advice on how to increase your appearance. E.g. losing weight, getting the right haircut for your face, what clothes to wear, etc

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The obvious answer is to go to the gym. But still most of us won't spend three evenings a week at the gym. So for those who won't, the very minimum should be: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 80 minutes walking every day. You do get toning on your arms and chest after about five weeks of doing this. For many it will be good enough; and when you do 100 pushups you get enough strength that increasing gets easy.

For those who want to keep looking good as they age: stay off coffee, sugar, alcohol and tobacco. And of course drugs. All these things give you bad skin. Yes, sugar too: it destroys the fat layers under your skin. Don't remember exactly how it works, but there it is. Coffee contains a lot of free radicals, and there's no need to describe the effects of alcohol and tobacco, you have probably seen them.

Don't use a tanning bed before summer, it is bad for your skin.

Here's a tip: nowadays there are very good creams for giving your skin a slight tan, if you look pale. It is not a brown cream that you put on, like paint. No, it is white cream that reacts with your skin and gives you a slight tan for a couple of days. They usually contain a lot of Vitamin C and other good stuff too. Can be found at the pharmacy. For those of us who have skin that shouldn't get too much sun, they are a good alternative. Don't forget to put the cream on your neck too if you use it.

Use facial cream after the shower, or before you go to bed. It should also be used for your neck and the middle of your chest, since these two areas have the same kind of skin as your face. Use a special eye cream around the eyes and out to the sides where you get eye wrinkles; the skin around your eyes is more sensitive and needs a cream with smaller molecules. The good thing about these facial creams is that they take many months before they run out and you have to buy more. Especially if you use them right after the shower, because then they smear out easier and you don't have to use so much.

Use hand cream on the back of your hands.

Use sunglasses now that the sun is coming out. Even if it is a somewhat cloudy day you should use them, because the sun is still there above the clouds, causing you to squint lightly. When you squint you get eye wrinkles fast. Plus, sunglasses look cool.

For God's sake, stay off fat and sugar. No butter and cheese - you can easily eat bread without it. Put vegetables on the bread instead. If you eat pasta, buy pesto to put on it, not something unhealthy like cheese or ketchup. No hamburgers or pizza or the like, other than sometimes. You'll get used to eating healthily and you will find it easy after a couple of weeks - it is a difference as strong as switching from antimatter to matter.

Don't eat so much pasta. Make-up artists say that they can tell from looking at a person's skin if he has had pasta the day before. Also, it makes you fat.

French fries really, really make you fat. They are a true horror story. Don't eat them.

Stop biting your nails. If it is hard, put some tape over your mouth when you are at home. Apparently nailbiters don't bite evenly throughout the day but tend to do it during a few short periods a day, so if you can stop those periods you'll make it.

Floss. Otherwise you'll get a widening gap between your teeth when you get old. You want to be a goodlooking DJ when you are in your sixties too, don't ya? Also it helps you stay away from the dentist's chair. Nowadays you can buy those dental floss wands that hold the floss, the invention of which has more than doubled the number of people who floss regularly.

Bodhi

Don Juan
Reaction score
For God's sake, stay off fat and sugar. No butter and cheese
Processed cheese i can see, but real cheese is actually healthy, why would you cut it out of your diet? I think that's pretty short sighted if your not eating it cause you don't want fat. Your body needs fat, and different kinds of fat too.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only things that I do is workout, take supplements before dinner (to keep energy up since I don't eat much meat), keep my life interesting, read political news stories (makes me become life of the party with the group that I hang out with), do bike rides cross country, travel, and other things.

The important thing to make yourself more attractive is not what you do, but how you do it. You could do everything that I do that makes me attractive but if you don't like doing it, than you won't get any joy out of it. Joy in women's eyes is an attractive quality. Along with ambition and drive.

Right now, my ambition is for me to live without my parents support anymore after I move to a foreign country (graduating this may from college :woo:. both moving to a foreign country and living on my own without help is two big dreams of mine).

Looks and personality are both important, please don't forget that. Become THE total package :) and then you can be :trouble:

- comic_relief

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodhi said:
Processed cheese i can see, but real cheese is actually healthy, why would you cut it out of your diet? I think that's pretty short sighted if your not eating it cause you don't want fat. Your body needs fat, and different kinds of fat too.
Cheese is very fattening. Anything good that you get from cheese you can get from other sources anyway. Also, we typically eat bread every day, and when people get into the habit of having cheese on their bread, they'll have a lot of it. A very bad habit.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Burgers are actually really healthy, provided we aren't talking about McDonalds or the like. Grill them, and they're excellent.

Dietary fat does not make you fat btw.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cuzza said:
Burgers are actually really healthy, provided we aren't talking about McDonalds or the like. Grill them, and they're excellent.

Dietary fat does not make you fat btw.
Dietary fat means all the fats in food, a wide category.

http://people.brandeis.edu/~kchayes/bginfo.html

As for cheese, it is one of the major sources of saturated fat in our diet, transforming otherwise ordinary human beings into aliens from the planet Fatopia. Avoid.

http://www.liferesearchuniversal.com/cheese.html

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what I think would be an awfully good idea? Get a gay friend to give you a makeover, for some reason homos seem to be good at appearance related matters. Unfortunately for me, I ain't in contact with any homos at the moment and I just don't get style...looks like it's time to get searching. Just make sure you let the gay guy know you're not into men (assuming your straight).

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what I think would be an awfully good idea? Get a gay friend to give you a makeover, for some reason homos seem to be good at appearance related matters. Unfortunately for me, I ain't in contact with any homos at the moment and I just don't get style...looks like it's time to get searching. Just make sure you let the gay guy know you're not into men (assuming your straight).