Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

immigration help.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright...after calling every freaking usa number and transfer after transfer nobody could understand what i was looking for. i even asked a lawyer in town because hey, they know laws and they just gave me a phonebook. i truly am lost.

here's the deal. i am native american(even though i don't look it) i am now ready to cross the american border for hopefully better financial success then in canada.

the only problem i am having is...my wife is white, so i don't know if she needs a green card or not. i am a musician and i want to move to boston because i heard there are some really great musicians there. financially it would be rough if it was just me heading down that way and i know that you have to start at the bottom. but if i could figure out how to get my wife down there quickly then financially we would be doing great because she has her accountant degree. also i have a son and he has 50% native blood so he qualifies to get across the border like me. if i bring my son with me to the states...is there a rule that where the son goes the mother has to follow too?

i have waited 5 years to finally be able to go to america and my dream is in my grasp, taunting me.

i know that a dream is worth more than any woman on this planet. but this girl has believed in for the last 5 years and things couldn't be any better. i have a great 5 month old son and i would love to be able to give him the great life that i grew up in.

but age isn't on my side. i am 29 years old, thank god i still look young. but i feel like i can't wait anymore though. but if i leave them both home and head out and live my dreams...is that selfish?
i am not smart when it comes to academics, so i would be failing my family. i have discovered that i actually am a skilled songwriter and guitar player and i believe i can take 4 americans to the top 5 billboard.

anyways enough ranting..... i need answers.

oh yeah if anybody lives in boston. could you tell me what it's like living there.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok let me get this straight...
you are a native american indian with a wife and child and live in canada and you want to relocate in boston ?

are you a citizen of the usa? is your wife a citizen of the usa?

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this has seemed to stump everybody. i am native american and i now have the documentation to cross and live and work in the united states because of my status. it has something to do with some jay treaty or something like that.

anyways my wife is white and i was wondering, where i have messed up kinda dual citizenship to work and live in america. does she qualify for that as well. or does she need a work visa. i know mail order brides get into the usa and have to live there for a while before than can work and permenatly stay. and no she isn't a mail order bride.

i was wondering if even though my wife is married to a me, where i can work and live in the states...does she have to apply for a visa or green card. my son on the other hand also has the same messed up dual citizenship that i have, and he can cross the border and work and live in the states.

is there some kind of get in free card in the usa if our 5 month old can get into the states and live.....can the mother get some kind of waiver and work and live too.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually i think she will need her own green card sweetie.

you have a dual citizenship to come and go as you please
http://www.uscitizenship.info/uscitizenship-dual-citizen.htm

your child can have dual citizenship too
according to wh at i read

Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

however if your wife is a canada citizen, she will have to apply for a green card to work and if you decide to stay in the usa, she may need to apply for permanent citizenship.
you can apply here :
http://www.uscitizenship.info/us-citizenship-apply.htm
http://www.usa-green-card.com/

i think these websites have a place to contact if you have further questions.

good luck !!

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you for the help. i will get right on that. hopefully it won't take to long for a work visa.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to call INS.

No one on this forum will have as much info regarding citizenship as the authorities will. She will likely have a ton of papers to fill out, as do most non-citizen brides to become eligible for a green card. Knowing governmental agencies it will take awhile.

I dont have experience in the music market but Boston is one of the most expensive cities to live in the US. You might want to research this more if your coming over the border in hopes to hit it big. I dont know what type of music you play but Boston might not be your best bet.

And yeah if you left your wife and child behind to fulfill a pipe dream you would be a selfish pr1ck. The least that you can do is actually figure out a realistic plan and provide a decent life if you drag them across the border with you or even worse leave them behind.