IM'ing?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IM is the lamest form of communication.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I log onto IM for about 30 min each night after work, and only talk to people who talk to me first. AIM takes out all of the communication except for words (and with body language n all, there's a LOT more to it). It also makes you out to be some computer nerd if she sees you online all the time. Just stay away from it.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Who cares....?

You wanna chat online with a girl, fine do it. Who cares what others think.

Do what you want :)

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JBizzle
Who cares....?

You wanna chat online with a girl, fine do it. Who cares what others think.

Do what you want :)
you cant always do what you want. what would happen to the guy if i told him it was alright to go prostrate himself before his oneitis and proclaim his endearing love for her?

some days i get the urge to text my ex girl. but can i? no. it just seems desperate and foolish.

in this case though, instant messaging lets you run out of things to say.

there are only so many exciting things you can talk about over IM

not for me, but i guess its an individual thing.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
you cant always do what you want. what would happen to the guy if i told him it was alright to go prostrate himself before his oneitis and proclaim his endearing love for her?
There are no wrong answers, just ignorant people.

And here I was talkin about showin love to everyone....Im such a bad example :D

Tboneman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I may not be very well gifted in the dating scene, but one thing I learned is to NEVER ASK OUT A GIRL VIA AIM!!!! I can't stress this enough! It takes so much more courage to ask her out via real life, so it'll make you look better. If you do it via AIM, you'll probably seem like a coward for hiding behing the electronic screen and keyboard.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think IM can be used on a very limited basis just to gauge a girls IL in you to see if she IM's you but even then....don't IM with girls cause its very counterproductive.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JBizzle
There are no wrong answers, just ignorant people.

And here I was talkin about showin love to everyone....Im such a bad example :D

true true. ;)

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, there used to be a huge thread on IM'ing, search for it.

Secondly,
some days i get the urge to text my ex girl. but can i? no. it just seems desperate and foolish.
"It just seems desperate and foolish" eh? You are truly THAT concerned about how you're perceived? It matters THAT much that you can't text her once?

Why the hell are some people so effing ridiculous trying to be a "dj"?

FMX

Reaction score
Well I am hard of hearing (Profoundly deaf) but unfortunately using the phone as part of my commuincation is virtually impossible for me to use. My communication is excellent, just like you lot and I talk to girls all the time. Now, obviously the choice of contact I have is, IM, Video and text. Quite suprisely I don't hardly use any of them, maybe a bit of texting at times but I arrange all my dates 'face to face'. 'Face to Face' is the original fundmental type of all communication, (see and hear). So if we refer back to IM, it's great to piss around with talking to mates about rubbish but I don't feel it's the right 'dj' way to girls.

Nobody knows why my hearing was affected at the age of two, even professional scientists/Doctors were invovled so my hearing loss can never be found out. But it doesn't stop doing any 'dj' style;).

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
Especially when being a DJ means doing what you want to do.

Think of it this way words count for about 7-8% of the total communication going on. There is no kino, eye contact, projecting emotions, body launguage or voice tonality on IM. I suppose it's alright to use but it's much better to talk in real life.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, there used to be a huge thread on IM'ing, search for it.

Secondly,

"It just seems desperate and foolish" eh? You are truly THAT concerned about how you're perceived? It matters THAT much that you can't text her once?

look,everytime i texted her in the past, she either a)****ing ignored me, b)brushed me off or c) told me she was busy but she'd text me back (she never did)

its not so much a matter about being a dj as you so put it.

its more of my pride.

i dont like to get beaten down time and time again

so yes, i think about her, but i must not text her in order to get over her.

specific to my case only though

hope you understand now..

its not about the dj.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, makes more sense. Although, tell me you did learn after...maybe the second time she brushed you off? Usually I just delete SN's of girls I don't talk to, or girls that haven't talked to me in a while.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just talked on Yahoo Messenger with this girl I am dating...a whole 5 minutes.....it was horrible but had to be done- one thing I miss that I didn't even think about before is hearing the girl laugh instead of seeing a "hehe" or "lol"... of course if your IL is not so high in a girl then who cares IM them whenever

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, makes more sense. Although, tell me you did learn after...maybe the second time she brushed you off? Usually I just delete SN's of girls I don't talk to, or girls that haven't talked to me in a while.
it was after a long while man, i was a complete chump and oblivious to her obvious brushing off..until one day it just hit me in the face. anyways, thats a good idea, am going to flip thorugh my phonebook and delete now. :D