Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Image Dynamics subs

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody has an image dynamics subwoofer? particularly the IDmax or the IDQ....

I hear these are some of the best subs in the market, i just wanted some opinions?

Ive heard the IDQ 12", and it sounded amazing and amzingly loud, the IDmax is supposedbly better, but i havent heard that one.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
W7 JL's are arguably the best on the market.

Don't make your system have a ton of bass either, balance is important. Get some nice component speakers as well. Those are what matter unless you want to make everyone think you got a small penis by blasting bass at every stop light.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wont comment on the JLs because ive never heard that specific subwoofer, but you said it.... its "arguably"....and yea i could probably argue with you once i hear it, but thats not the point. besides th JL is an 8 incher, im talking about 12s

Ive been reading a lot of professional review on the IDmax and they are all absolutly impressed by it...check it out, its a monster

http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.asp?section_id=13&article_id=302&page_number=1&preview

i seriously need to hear it, or at least hear some real people opinions.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
I wont comment on the JLs because ive never heard that specific subwoofer, but you said it.... its "arguably"....and yea i could probably argue with you once i hear it, but thats not the point. besides th JL is an 8 incher, im talking about 12s
Size of subs does not always = better.

All 12's do is take up more space.
The best thing to do is go to audio stores and listen to them. JL subs are incredible. Crisp bass note, flawless response. But then again the W7's are 5-600 a pop. 1 would be more then enough though

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pair of 12" MTX Thunder4000s.

They are the worst subs that MTX makes, but they're very good. I am most impressed with subwoofers by Kicker and MTX. JL is definitely not bad... I have never heard of Image Dynamics.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpine Type X are good. JL are excellent in wind of amps, but they cost a hell of a lot of money. I don't know how their subs perform though.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JL's are WAAAAAAAY overpriced. The only people stupid enough to buy them are those who have their mommy and daddy pay for their system. For CHEAP bass, RF Punch HX2's were killer, but not the best. IDQ's are great, but the absolute BEST are Resonant Engineering XXX subs which handle like 2000Wrms..... those suckers will DESTROY a JL W7, in both spl and sq.
Go to caraudio.com so you can hear from people that actually know what they're talking about.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea i agree the JLs are overpriced....

The IDmax handles 1000 rms...i cant imagine 2000.

Im going to a store that specializes on subs tomorrow so i can hear those suckers.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As seen on "Pimp My Ride"

The MTX Jackhammer.

Peaks at 10,000 watts.. weighs 369lbs... is 22 inches in diameter, and 23 inches tall.

Needs 5 amps, 3 batteries, and 6 capacitors at minimum!:D

I remember the water glass in the office next door exploded, and the shutters were clacking all over the place.