Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm turning 20

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am i ready to live on my own?...well i feel i do and i really want to...anyone out there who already moved out of their parents house?...let me know how it's like...i know this is a dating site, but yeah I'm hoping by me moving out i'll be able to be the best man i can, gain experiences and be tough in every aspect of life, which i believe what girls/women are looking for in a guy. someone that will take care of them. a mentally, emotionally strong man who's full of confidence. someone someone tell me if i'm heading on the right direction. = )

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i moved out a day after my 20th birthday,

it is good living on ur own, but you also wil miss out on the perks of living at home.

cooking, cleaning, controlling yourself are just some of the few things you have to watch out for. Dont think it will all be fun and gravy, its a big responsibility.

If you can pay your own way, study and pull the girls, go for it, just dont expect it to be all the good things you hear.

with that said, there always has to come a time when the eagle must leave the nest. if you feel you are ready, then go for it. The one thing i miss most about living at home is being around people (family) that really care about me. it does get lonely sometimes.

good luck!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After you move out, you can still come back home and treat your parent's house like a store where everything is free. This lowers your own expenses.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
After you move out, you can still come back home and treat your parent's house like a store where everything is free. This lowers your own expenses.
tsssss hahaha! ^___^

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
i moved out a day after my 20th birthday,

it is good living on ur own, but you also wil miss out on the perks of living at home.

cooking, cleaning, controlling yourself are just some of the few things you have to watch out for. Dont think it will all be fun and gravy, its a big responsibility.

If you can pay your own way, study and pull the girls, go for it, just dont expect it to be all the good things you hear.

with that said, there always has to come a time when the eagle must leave the nest. if you feel you are ready, then go for it. The one thing i miss most about living at home is being around people (family) that really care about me. it does get lonely sometimes.

good luck!

where did you stay when you left?!?!?!

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:

good luck!

thanks a lot for the advice, that's a really good one!~

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
vagrant said:
where did you stay when you left?!?!?!
You're not ready.

I hate to be the one to spread on the negativity, but here's a reality check.

1. Rent, I don't know where you live, but the apartment I rent, w/garage runs me 587.50, and the only reason it's that low, is that I split the cost w/ a friend.

2. Gas/Electric - Expect roughly 40-50 a month.

3. Cell Phone about 70 a month.

4. Cable/Internet (I have all the channels though) 180 a month.

5. Car insurance about 100 a month.

You will also need to spend money on furniture, televisions, computer, laptop, microwave, and a hundred other things you never think about when you live at home.

While you are not a burdain on your parents, live at home, save up your money. Your first and only priority should be education.

If you do want to move out, I hope you can support yourself. Just be prepared to be shocked by the sudden expenses.

Keep in mind also, many apartment complexes will not allow you to rent withoug proof that you have a steady income.

Mull these things over, and then make up your mind.

Good Luck,

-E.Nigma

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterNigma said:
You're not ready.

1. Rent, I don't know where you live, but the apartment I rent, w/garage runs me 587.50, and the only reason it's that low, is that I split the cost w/ a friend.

You will also need to spend money on furniture, televisions, computer, laptop, microwave, and a hundred other things you never think about when you live at home.

While you are not a burdain on your parents, live at home, save up your money. Your first and only priority should be education.

If you do want to move out, I hope you can support yourself. Just be prepared to be shocked by the sudden expenses.

Keep in mind also, many apartment complexes will not allow you to rent withoug proof that you have a steady income.

Good Luck,

-E.Nigma
that's really not what i wanted to hear but uh...ugh!!...i'm taking nursing and in 3 years or so i should be out, so i feel i can stay out of things for now like internet, and cable though i need HBO for watching boxing lol...i really want to move out cuz i want to live on my own before getting married. explore the world and have fun. i want to be that cool guy that almost know everything from everthing...lol...whatever that means.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
vagrant said:
that's really not what i wanted to hear but uh...ugh!!...i'm taking nursing and in 3 years or so i should be out, so i feel i can stay out of things for now like internet, and cable though i need HBO for watching boxing lol...i really want to move out cuz i want to live on my own before getting married. explore the world and have fun. i want to be that cool guy that almost know everything from everthing...lol...whatever that means.
Relax, I know life is short, but you'll have your chance. Believe me, knowing a little about everything is good, but knowing alot about a specific subject. . . well that's higher education.

Wait until you finish school. Save up some money, and then move out on your own terms. Just don't rush things.

Besides, for cable atleast, in order to have hbo, you need to have a spefic package, so you will end up paying alot.

Lately I find myself wondering why I pay so much for cable, I don't watch tv nearly enough to justify the bill. Such is life though.

-E.Nigma

P.S.-How did marrying het into the equation? In my not so humble opinion, if marriage was not permitted for people before the age of 26, the divorce rate in the US (51% btw) would be a he!! of alot lower.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
people rush into things way too fast....

plan everything out, budget wise at least...

your parents can help you move out, by providing all the neccessary things (if you have nice parents) like furniture and **** like that... it can be a great experience but it can also backfire bigtime. all the little things that you take for granted right now will come to bite you in the ass when ur living by yourself.

Dont let girls be the only reason you want to move out. any girl worth being with will understand your situation, that you are a student (if you are) and that money for us is very tight. Hence living with parents shouldnt be a problem. For one night stands just fvck in your car... all is good :)

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav has left a great comment and you should really listen to it. Plenty of DJs have pulled great women and held steady LTR while living at home with their folks. It can and continues to be done. If she isnt willing to accept that your goals and ambitions are set higher then moving out to please her, shes shallow and not worth your time.

Yapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
moved out at 19. less than a year ago lol. it's awesome dude. so much freedom. I don't miss being at home at all, but I kind of hated it anyway. I'm way more relaxed and at ease than I ever was before. just don't over complicate things in your head. you might need a couple of jobs though...

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ditto.

I moved out at 17 because of uni was too far. By far the best year of my life. all furneture was from the dump, slept on the floor(don't even try to tell me you can't get a hot girl to sleep on the floor with you). well it helps if you go to uni. Your not viewed as a bum. I payed for everything with just a weekend job(electricity,rent,net,phone,a little food and car). It's easy as. Alot funner if you do it with a friend tho.

honestly I would shoot myself if I still lived at home at 19.
You can't learn anything about life liveing at home, everything is done for you. The sooner you move out the better.

Last edited:

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

quoted for truth :)

Anyways I moved out when I was 18. I thought I was ready. I was not. Anyways Ive been on my own ever since. If I could do it over, I would have stayed with my parents as long as possible, save up mad moneys and then move out.

So right now IM at

Mortage 573 a month
Condo fees 140 a month
Electriciy and **** about 100 a month
Food 200 a month
Car 350 a month and insurance 2000 a year
Gas lets say 80 a month
Cell phone 30 a month
Cable tv and internet 100 something a month

This of course doesent include drinking, partying, going on trips, buying new clothes and other hidden expenses.
If you make 40k a year you barely have anything left

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If money is a problem. Just scrounge. It's fun. Make it a challange. Be creative. Only go to public toilets to save on dunny papper.
I never spent a sent going out/partying. Just don't drink. Learn to fix your own car. Eat only essiential food like meat, eggs, fruit, veg, grains, nuts and berries. No fancy stuff like drinks,sause or cereal(have oats instead). You will be way healthyer anyway.

You'll have a kick ass job in no time if you really want one, and the money you would have saved living at home would mean nothing.

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterNigma said:
You're not ready.

Good Luck,

-E.Nigma

Come on. It can definately be done cheaper than that. Here's mine:

1. Rent - 400/month inclusive(canadian), internet provided, and there is also a phone downstairs for free use. No utility costs(central air runs all the time, it's ****ing warm in here 24/7).

2. I currently have a car, but am not paying insurance(I work from home).

I am currently 19. Just moved out, don't really know anyone, so the only thing I pay is the 400+ about 200 for food.

Don't let anyone fool you about:

'It costs WAY too much to live on your own as a student'

It's certainly not as easy as living at home, but it's not that hard either. If you want to move out bad enough, you will make it happen. Oh, and bible belt is dead on about going home and getting whatever you want there. My parents always have stuff to give me, though I never ask for it(such as t-paper, cereal, etc.).

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
There's a difference between "couch-surfing" at your parents' house and living at home until you have an income stream and can AFFORD a house.

The real thing women are looking for is ambition. What are you DOING while you're living at home with your parents? Are you at least striving to accomplish something...if not financial independence, then something else worthwhile? Or are you just illing at home because you dont' know what else to do with yourself and don't feel like spending money?