Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm too damaged to know; did I do the right thing? Twice?

Cabal

Don Juan
Reaction score
First ever post. Forgive me if it comes off like an overstuffed turkey.

I was an outsider in school. In fact, scratch that, I was an outsider among outsiders. Too smart for the in the crowd, too rebellious for the out crowd, I was in limbo.

At 19 there was an incident and I was wounded and traumatised; I got hospitalised and remained there for a year in a catatonic state and came out with amnesia.

I didn't turn into Jason Bourne or Wolverine or any other comic book bull, but the good news is I did lose all the programming, aka bad wiring, life had given me when it comes to women. Inbetween therapy, my dictionary reading and wikkipedia surfing I came across this site and the rest as they say is history. Boy meet world. Boy done good. I clocked up over 20 sexual partners in three years, all between 7-9 on a 10 scale.

Then it all goes wrong. I get into a long term relationship with an 8. After a year she's developed a drug problem on the side and I break up with her to be "just friends" whilst we face her problem, without the pressure of a relationship on the side. She then jumped into bed with my brother, who I hadn't had any relationship with since emerging from hospital, but apparently it's ok for him to bang my missus because I'm "technically" not his brother anymore. Then they dated and I left the entire county rather than look at the result of what I did.

Was it my fault? Did I do the wrong thing refusing to continue to date a girl with a drug habit? Was being "just friends" being logical and supportive, or short-changing someone who gave me a year of their life and put up with a dude whose history met the delete button?

I never dated again in two years and stuck with simple conquests, although it took me about nine months to get my A Game back (honestly, more grade B at this point). Then I got into a long term relationship for over a year and a half with this new girl and just broke up with her a week and two days ago.

She had begun acting in a way which, although I cannot put my finger on it, irked me. I went into her work place, somewhere I'd never visited (I let her have her own corner of the world, seems clever to have a few of your own too), and found everyone under the impression she was dating a colleague there. I checked her phone later (way out of character for me, but when you smell blood, you smell blood) and found a text from this same guy asking if they were seriously dating now or what. When confronted she claimed he's retarded (I'm not making this up) and didn't understand it was all a long running joke.

I dumped her on the grounds that she was either A) leading on a retard for an ego boost, or B) leading on a normal guy so far that it sounded better to tell me that people think she's dating a retard

Anyway she's now painting me as the bad guy just like the last one, and is getting in my face (well, close enough) with other people (though not my brother, I left him for dust, I hope) just like the last one.

Is it me? Am I out of whack? Am I too damaged to date or am I too damaged to notice they're worth dating? Or that they're not worth dating (until I've wasted too much time)?

I know psychologically I'm a serious Frankenstein automobile restore case, I need advice from my fellow, normal man. Well, the ones who aspire to DJ. Advice please. Call it as you see it. I can take it.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You violated her privacy dude. Of course she's going to paint you badly. But you are right in dumping her. Either she is an evil b1tch for leading a poor retard (an actual retard, or an AFC?), or she is lying to you and cheating.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I am so sorry for all that's happened to you.

First of all, I DO NOT think you were wrong to break it off with Girl #1 because of her drug habit. I recently went through the same thing in my life. There is no way you can be in a healthy relationship with someone in that position. They are not loving and respecting themselves and therefore, cannot truly be loving or respecting you. More than likely, because your emotions are involved, you can find yourself enabling and contributing to the issue.

This girl is seriously messed up, (and so is your brother!) and it doesn't seem like she's interested in facing her issues.

Girl #2 is the retard. You did the right thing by moving on.

I am sure with some reflection and time you will put the pieces together. Adult relationships weigh so heavily on more than just the current and the obvious... the childhood, parents' relationships, first dating experiences, cultural differences, etc., so there's no way I'm going to attempt to go there. I wish the best for you!

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting story. You did right, except wanting to 'be freinds' with girls #1. NEVER do that, unless enought time has passed for both of you to be totally ok with it. It's rare.

With girl 2, she was being shady. Even if she wasnt cheating, and I highly doubt she wasn't, there should be NO question who she's dating, and who she's not. Let her paint you the bad guy all she wants. Thats a given. Even if you caught her cheating red handed, she would somehow point the finger at you. Dont fall for it. Honestly, with what info I have on girl #2, she sounds like a BPD cantidate to me. They make up crazy lies like that. "Oh no, hes retarded, thats why he thinks that." puh-lease! If he's so retarded, why does he have her phone number, and texting very coherently. Why does everyone at their office think they are dating, if 'he's retarded?'

DO NOT think twice about dumping this broad, and DO NOT talk to her, and let her weasel her manipulative claws back into you, and she will try, believe me! Be strong, and walk away.

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
#1 good job
#2 Good job

Nothing wrong with you, you are hurt right now and need sometime. If I had been in your shoes and was trying to have a serious relationship and found out some girl was leading on ANY guy I would have dropped them to. Phone, diary, who cares...you were protecting yourself.

Just give yourself a little time and go get'em tiger. I made the recent mistake of jumping off into a LTR too fast with a HB9 and figured out the sex sucked and inside she was a horrible person. No doubt gorgeous but a complete ME ME ME type person.

Anyway, good luck man...don't talk to either of these women and move on. Silence is the best revenge, they will always be left holding the hat.

joshlavarn2009

Don Juan
Reaction score
You will never have a good relationship with an addict or alcoholic. Unless you can be a brutal DJ and tell her that her addiction should be screwing you, not friggin meth or whatever. You will lose all dj status and be in afc land with an addict unless they are clean.

The other girl sounds like a nut. If she is an 8, she probably has some weird controlling things with her and you. Maybe carma, friggin if you get 20 partners and one freak, that is pretty good. Look at the positive.

Cabal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I pulled last night.

I'm feeling pretty good.