I'm thinking about buying a corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever said that they wanted a Maserati, you're wasting your money. If you think the C6 Corvette is ugly then something is wrong with your eyes, a lot of great engines came from that era.

The C7 Corvette is actually one of the best cars you can find a fully loaded(which is the 3LT, the 4LT is a waste of money)used for around $40k-$45k. The LT1 is a lower compression version of the LS3, meaning it's great for boost but not necessarily great for what the LS3 was great for. I personally think the LS3 is better but you can't really go wrong with either one.

It weighs in at around 3200-3300 lbs and runs flat 12's in the 1/4 mile. 0-60 times don't mean anything so don't let advertisers fool you, 1/4 times tell a lot about a car. A car weighing that much is highly desirable in today's market as well.

Depending if you go automatic or manual, the MPG will fluctuate. Automatic uses something called Active Fuel Management(AFM) which essentially shuts half your engine off, making it run on 4 cyl, to get better gas.

Manual versions have a button for active rev matching making your shifts perfect every single time.

The issue with AFM is that it will decide to automatically shut half your engine off for you. If you plan on changing your exhaust, the changing from v8 to 4cyl will be noticeable and it will not sound pleasant. You do get better gas MPG. There are devices that you can put into your OBDII port to temporarily disable it without voiding your warranty though.

Insurance is actually really cheap. It's cheaper than paying for a Camaro in comparison. Part costs are similar to the Camaro, not necessarily expensive for a performance car. But body parts and suspension parts are blatantly more expensive- and rightfully so. If you don't plan on spending $275+ per tire then this is not the car for you.

Corvettes are designed to be a drivers car and the interior reflects this very aggressively.

But I don't think you should limit your options there. There are great cars for similar price if not cheaper. The C63 AMG and the E90/E92 M3's come to my mind immediately. If I was willing to drop $40k, I'd probably just save up another $20k for a Nissan GTR.

Spoken like a true car enthusiast....excellent points.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You want a car that scoots? Buy a low mileage Hellcat for 45K. It will run rings around the corvette, even the Z06 model. Or save your nickels and buy a Demon, for around 120K! Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want a car that scoots? Buy a low mileage Hellcat for 45K. It will run rings around the corvette, even the Z06 model. Or save your nickels and buy a Demon, for around 120K! Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?
We were thinking of handling, dynamic driving and braking too.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's hope this goes like Richard the Frog, you buy the car and f*** off so none of us have to see your nonsense splashed on the forum anymore.
Shouldn't his temporary ban be up by now? Maybe he's not coming back.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who needs stinking brakes? Just slow down when you see the face of your favorite God! And yes those 4300 lb cars don't stop, turn or even slow down very well.... BUT they do make you smile as you get forced back into the seat!

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys think it's a waste of money?

I can get a 2014 for like 40K, keep it maybe 8 years and only lose 23K or so. Sports cars hold value phenomenal. The 'vette also gets decent gas mileage, is cheap to maintain (I have contacts at a chevy store for super cheap maintenance) and is actually pretty reliable

Such a gorgeous vehicle. Life is short right. It's not like I'm gonna look back in 40 years and think about the extra 25K I had by not buying this car. This gorgeous thing gets 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. Good lord

Op if you do it... if you hit 35 but you can make it through old age.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I hope he's living and fvcking without going in his pocket.
Maybe he's too busy doing that, with that Lambo, to make a new post.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
ugly as hell, looks like trailer park garabge

I want the Corvette because it looks sorta like a Ferrari

the nissan GT-R is garbage too. Looks like some nonsense for 18 year old Asian kids in fast and furious franchise. The new Vettes look beautiful, classy...sorta European almost

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ugly as hell, looks like trailer park garabge

I want the Corvette because it looks sorta like a Ferrari

the nissan GT-R is garbage too. Looks like some nonsense for 18 year old Asian kids in fast and furious franchise. The new Vettes look beautiful, classy...sorta European almost
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom