Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm such a loser

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I'm such a loser, I have a paper due by 11:59 pm 7/18 and Im only 1/3 of the way finished. I swear I've written more BS here than for my paper. I've never written a paper without waiting to the last minute. It is like I need the stress of an impending deadline to force myself into sitting down and writing. I played golf today, took my gf to lunch, lifted weights, threw jabs at ppl on here, and just did everything except get my work together.

Any reformed procrastinators???

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not going to bed until I finish!

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it submitted online? Take a video/image/zip file, rename it into a word document. Whatever ways there are to corrupt the file and make it unreadable. Now submit it. Than when they question you, say they screwed up. Give them hell, say you put a lot of effort into it. Be sure to have a legit/good copy on hand.

Never tried that before though.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya i do that too. I got some drawings for air plaine we are working on due on this wednedsay (7/16) and i had my whole weeked free....still didn't finish them....i'll do it tonight.....

I did that back in highschool too. All the stupid book reports, i'd stay up till 4 in the morning (class at 8) writing it. End up with 12 page book report with almost all contents of the report coppied from the book.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

Douglas Adams

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
I am a reformed procrastinator.

I'll tell you how i did it.

Firstly my problem was structure. If you don't structure your life you won't really go anywhere. That basically how I did it.
By structuring I mean I thought about what was important, what wasn't improtant, my goals, how to achieve them, what work needed to get them. Then I pretty much worked backwards from that and decided how I felt about completing a project on time, from my previous ideas.

If you need a more though explanation jus ask.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I watched the "secret" before I wrote the paper and I was actually able to enjoy the process of writing it.

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
i've reformed immensely. i used to be just like that...waiting until the last second to do everything.

if anything, here's what has helped and helps me...i think of the way i would want it to be and things i need to get done to be where i need to be.

realize that if you don't do your paper, that's less time to do the things you do enjoy (or enjoy more), or less enjoyment from those activities because you're too tired or whatever from staying up late procrastinating.

here's what i do usually...

think of what i need to get done to be where or at the level of progress i want to be in terms of my goals. then work backwards. for example, if i wanted to get a lot of stuff done today, i had to get up early. to get up early, i would have to have my sh*t done last night. to get my stuff done last night, i would have to not slack off. then you just figure out how much time you would need for each thing...working backwards has really helped me a ton.

hope it helps you too. i also think getting very passionate about your goals also helps. gl

also, Player_Supreme's podcasts. take action. nothing will get done if you just sit there. it won't happen, you have to do it. his podcasts have helped a lot with my mindset.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well since procrastination is a part of your behavior just simply change your behavior. Tommorrow when you wake up do things that need to be done like laundry, dishes, vaccum your car and simply develop a work ethic. Keep this mentality for a week and at the end (or during) of the week focus on how confident you feel after doing all that work.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
chickenlegs03 said:
also, Player_Supreme's podcasts. take action. nothing will get done if you just sit there. it won't happen, you have to do it. his podcasts have helped a lot with my mindset.
I sensed alot of Player_Supreme in your posts.

buckwheat18

Don Juan
Reaction score
....I hate writing papers, i'm forcing myself to take english courses for college in the fall...blah..blah..my point is that your not alone. Sounds like you have a good social routine you just need to develop a routine for your home work. practice, practice, practice.