Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that girls don't like muscles

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
I guarantee you that you have no knowledge on this. Being an ectomorph, eating a super strict diet consisting of mainly protein, and going to the gym 6 times a week for the past 2 years. I have my results. I've played soccer competitively since I was 3 and I've alway had low bf. I don't drink at all and I don't smoke. I don't even eat at restaurants to prevent my diet being broken. You are seriously telling me that I need to be on doses of roids to get this? LOL.
Zyzz worked out for 4-5 years as an ecto being on gear, he was 2-3 yrs older than you and you are telling us you have almost the same physique as him being a newly turned 19 year old who worked out for 2 years, but not doing AAS?

Post a picture with a timestamp and we might believe you, if its true then you have the potential to be the new Jay Cutler.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
I guarantee you that you have no knowledge on this. Being an ectomorph, eating a super strict diet consisting of mainly protein, and going to the gym 6 times a week for the past 2 years. I have my results. I've played soccer competitively since I was 3 and I've alway had low bf. I don't drink at all and I don't smoke. I don't even eat at restaurants to prevent my diet being broken. You are seriously telling me that I need to be on doses of roids to get this? LOL.
An ectomorph which goes to the gym 6 times a week gets a CNS burn out in 3 weeks and get a hospital bed in 4, even faster if he follows a "strict protein diet", what are you doing eating 4gr/kg of bodyweight?

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who is naturally pretty shy and decently good looking, I will say that before I took the strides to improve the number of dates I got, getting in shape really got me more attention from women. I did a body-weight routine for a couple of years and was probably 8-9% body fat and girls liked that a lot. I've been lifting heavy for a while now and girls like that, too. But looking good is maybe 90% diet and 10% exercise.

The one thing I will note however, is that the women who gave me the most attention because of my body were not the types who I would consider relationship material. They tended to be pretty shallow, boring, and generally uninteresting (but good looking).

At the end of the day, whether women prefer muscles or not is totally irrelevant. Working out gives me more confidence and that's really why I do it. I love starting a day with deadlifts. Women respond more to the confidence than anything I think, and my personal muscles are just a conduit for said confidence.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i always thought stallone had a pretty amazing physique in the First Blood movies

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
And then assist him very minimally. Make him work his azz off to complete the set.
surely thats the idea of spotting anyway. The spotter is just to make sure you dont hurt yourself - or help minimally on the last rep of the last set.....

but girls DO like muscle. they just like a man to have enough of it to suit his frame - most chicks wont dig the huuuuge guys but some will, its all back to the looks argument again. its all down to the individual.

wiiliamcooper52

Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
first to say that being in shape wont really get you women if you cant talk to them.
yes i am agree your this point without talking to any girl you can not reach them

Dom1noe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started regular workouts about two months ago and so far I got 20 lbs up. My body fat went slightly up but its mostly muscle. Now I am 6' tall, 180 lbs (sheesh ... I had to use google to translate this from cm and kg so that you guys understand ;)).
My gf is all concerned that I don't end up like my brother who is at least 200 lbs and quite ripped. She says that's over the edge, but I don't care much. I'm doing it to raise my testosterone levels. The world simple seems to be a brighter place with more testosterone in veins.
One observation though: When I go home from my gym, I get 300% of usual women attention. They look at me, smile at me etc. Maybe this is because after the workout my testosteron is highest?

jay07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This threads gotta be a joke.

So, do you prefer rail skinny and obese chicks to lean and curvy chicks?

I started working out in college, put on about 30lbs of mass in 4 years. And the 2 years ive gotten more pvssy than i ever did when i was a skinny beta. Muscles do help

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about who you are and doing it for you, as a Don you should have enough self respect to be well groomed and/or in shape.

You cant do it for the chicks, if you are its a sign of desperation... I'm 5'10 and 160, just getting back into fitness now because I wanna run a marathon, box and play a lot of sport... A side effect of that is having a better body, higher testosterone and clearer skin, I try to look good for me, so I feel good about myself.

I think if your comfortable in yourself and aren't freakishly skinny or obese then you aren't gonna have a problem, being muscular isn't pre requisite to attract women, game, status and who you are are more important....

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i spent half as much time doing cardio and lifting as I do practicing Kungfu each day, i would not only have a much easier day mentally and physically, but I would also be pretty damn ripped like i was back in early college and late high school....but i think it's stupid to try and gain a ripped body just for the opposite sex...if you do it just because you love doing it however, then more power to you.

And yes, of course women prefer a ripped (not overboard though) body over an average body, but it's just one piece of the puzzle...it will definitely boost your ONS rate however if you are clubbing.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can bring some experience to this thread.

This is what I looked like a couple of months ago (March?).

http://i.imgur.com/0doCC7E.jpg

I am 7% body fat here, 6-2, 154 lbs. During this time period I was on the track circuit training for the 1600m to 5K, running 60-65 miles per week. I was in ridiculous shape for a 33 year old, but probably couldn't bench more than a 140 lbs. This body did not turn heads. Walking on the beach the previous summer with this body, and I couldn't get eye contact from a single woman. My ex-wife called me "sickly".

I will tell you that a couple years ago, at 175-180 lbs, I wish getting a ton of eye contact and I probably had 17% body fat at the time. I looked beefier, masculine, but not ripped at all. I filled out clothes quite nicely. I looked like I could take a punch.

I think women want a man they feel protects them whether it's being huskier, or being muscular. Any of those are better than being skinny and in amazing shape.

SirFratserlot

Banned
Reaction score
My friends say I'm muscular and I often get asked if I play for the football team or track team here. I go to a SEC btw. Never had a girl compliment me on my muscles and girls never acknowledge me.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, facial attractiveness beats all. Even being a bit out of shape.

After that comes tall.

After that comes shape.

If you are short, for god's sake don't get too big, as it's obvious why you want to get big. To make up for being short. I LOL at the little dudes at my gym giving it the "macho man" walk with their roided up lats out.

being 6'1 and about 20% BF, I am lucky as you can carry that bf better at that height, but not as lucky as the 5'6 man with the hansome face. My problem is that above 15%, all my fat goes to the face. I look about 35% in the face at 20%. At 15% I look 20%. genetics suck

You can be more muscly the taller you are IMO. Being massive and short just looks stupid.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't forget to build your thigh and calf muscles.

There's a lot of goofy looking men out there with a huge upper body and literally nothing below the waist.

-Gripz-

Don Juan
Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
Whatever you do, don't forget to build your thigh and calf muscles.

There's a lot of goofy looking men out there with a huge upper body and literally nothing below the waist.
I second this. Squat heavy. Front squats are even better for growth of your quads but back squats are still a staple.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently lost a good amount of muscle mass due to an injury and a huge increase in the amount of work I had to devote to my job. I'm definitely getting less interest from girls, but overall i don't think theres a huge difference unless your pretty jacked. In fact my friend who while taller doesn't have much muscle mass gets tons of girls cause hes a really smart and together dude that chicks just fall for.

The biggest and most important difference I've noticed with and without muscle is the way I carry myself and interact with others Having muscle made me much more confident and at times dominating with girls. I'm still like that but it just came more naturally when i actually had the mass to back it up. Before you even open your mouth it sets you apart from all the other guys who don't lift.

Things have settled down at work so im planning on devoting my time in the near future in getting back into shape. Going for a more cut look this time. I definitely just feel better and healthier in general when im going to the gym consistently. Really looking forward to getting back into it!