Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm Lactose Intolerant and Starting to Wonder if I should Avoid Skimmed Milk As Well

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed very many years ago that drinking milk and eating cheese caused me much discomfort. As a result, I began drinking skimmed/lactose-free milk. To my greatest surprise nowadays however, skimmed milk makes my stomach run just as much as whole?regular milk. This is making me wonder if I should just give up on drinkng milk entirely. But if I give up on milk, what other reliable source of calcium would I be able to take regularly? Cheese generally tends to contain a lot more fat. When I drink a full glass of skimmed milk, I know without a doubt that in about one and a half to two hours it would upset my stomach and make me feel bloated.

Here's another surprising find. Very many years ago I couldn't tolerate red wine. It used to make my stomach run. For quite some time now I'm able to almost drink a glass and a half to two glasses of wine without a problem at all and I've noticed that I'm able to eat cheese in moderation as well without any problem. So I really can't figure out what's going on.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink soy milk. Ever since I've started using soy milk. I don't get that sick feeling I get from drinking milk.

U

user43770

I have an allergy to the casein in dairy and had to give it up recently. I miss the cheese more than anything. As far as calcium goes, they make orange juice with calcium. Personally, I just take a multivitamin.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk said:
Drink soy milk. Ever since I've started using soy milk. I don't get that sick feeling I get from drinking milk.
THIS. This is what people all around the world should be doing, drinking eating and ****ting more SOY.

U

user43770

Groovy said:
THIS. This is what people all around the world should be doing, drinking eating and ****ting more SOY.
Why? I mean, what does soy have that I can't get somewhere else? Why would I consume something that may lower my testosterone?

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Why? I mean, what does soy have that I can't get somewhere else? Why would I consume something that may lower my testosterone?
Because soy for one has ISOLFAVONES, the PLANT ESTROGEN, it is 0,1% the potency of real estrogen. It competes with estrogen to bound to it's receptors. If you have a lot of isoflavones you will have a lot less estrogen. I wonder if it's the milk industry that makes you believe otherwise. They are afraid ****less of soy so they make up rumors. I eat soy all the time, drink soy milk, tofu, everything. I have seen a real improvement in terms of testosterone level so far. I used to have a bit of a belly now it's reduced a lot already. That's why I LOVE soy.

U

user43770

Groovy said:
Because soy for one has ISOLFAVONES, the PLANT ESTROGEN, it is 0,1% the potency of real estrogen. It competes with estrogen to bound to it's receptors. If you have a lot of isoflavones you will have a lot less estrogen. I wonder if it's the milk industry that makes you believe otherwise. They are afraid ****less of soy so they make up rumors. I eat soy all the time, drink soy milk, tofu, everything. I have seen a real improvement in terms of testosterone level so far. I used to have a bit of a belly now it's reduced a lot already. That's why I LOVE soy.
So, according to you and a poster that created an account for the soul purpose of defending soy, plant estrogens are good for me. What about everything that I've read up until this point? That was all Big Milk, was it?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: This Soy Milk Issue

I have to admit I'm getting a lot confused about this whole soy milk and lowering testosterone and producing estrogen effects in men and reducing muscle mass debate that I really don't know what to believe and who exactly is telling the truth. There's so much controversy surrounding the benefits of soy milk that I'm honestly quite concerned about taking the risk of perhaps frequently drinking something that may produce (and I repeat "may" because I'm not exactly sure who's telling the truth on this issue yet) adverse effects. But I find it unfortunate that even supposedly lactose-free milk still causes me so much discomfort.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to ignore all the soy talk above, and go back to your original confusion, Frank. Lactose intolerance is genetic, most adults in the world have it, and there is a world of difference between low-lactose ("lactose-free") and skimmed milk, at least in the U.S.

Drinking skimmed milk is actually worse than whole milk (though I wouldn't recommend either to anyone lactose intolerant), while some milk products are probably not as big a deal, especially hard cheeses (e.g. cheddar) and yogurt (especially traditionally, as opposed to industrially processed).

Lactose is a sugar found in all milk and milk products (including both human and cow milk). Nearly all human babies and small children produce an enzyme (lactase) that processes this sugar, but the vast majority of humans outgrow this. Adults who can consume milk and milk products without trouble never stop producing this enzyme. Those who develop "intolerance" (stop producing lactase) often do so over a long period and the age it develops can vary widely. I never noticed any trouble until my late 20s, and I basically can't consume milk at all. "Lactose free" milk is a very expensive waste for me, because it still contains enough to cause me trouble. Better to take a dairy supplement (lactase in a pill) and drink regular milk. Or none at all.

Besides, there are many, many ways to get calcium without milk or milk products.

jax871

Don Juan
Reaction score
Milks over rated. The amount of people with lactose intolerances are much larger than you think. Did you ever wonder why humans are the only species on the planet that consume milk / lactose past infancy?? Don't believe me? Try cutting out dairy of your diet completely for a few weeks and see how much better you feel, some people have an intolerance and aren't even aware. There is nothing essential in dairy that you can't get from other sources.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nvm didnt ment to post this. delete pls