Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm in a wierd situation - moving to new area w/ no one my age

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got myself into a weird situation and I'm not sure what's the best way to handle it.

I just graduated from college and got a good job with a fortune 100 company. Sounds great right? The only thing is, I have to move to the middle of nowhere (North Dakota), and on top of that, I'm only 19, while most of my co-workers are the typical middle-age (25-40). Since I'm still a few years from being 21, the little nightlife this city has it out of the question, and I'll be moving to this city not knowing a sole.

I'm too young to hang out with the professionals who'll be going to get a drink after work, but I'm not in the college scene anymore either, so basiclly I'm going to be completely detached from anyone in my age group. It's a tech company, so it's mostly guys or middle aged woman that work there. Are there any other options of meeting people/picking girls besides cold approaching in stores and stuff like that that I'm not thinking of? Are any of you in similar situations?

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come you graduated college at only 19 but not 22??? Are you a genius?:eek:

And you say you got a "good job" from a Fortune 100 company that makes you move to bum fvck Noth Dakota???:eek: Quite paradoxical...

Can you tell us a little bit more about it? Which company is it or at least in which business? What kind of job you got?

Sorry if I sound pessimistic. I think sometimes we need to choose. If it's really a deal breaker, just don't go. I know that I would prefer to be paid 20% less instead of being relocated in the middle of nowhere where I'm 100% sure that it will be 100 times harder to come by young attractive females.

But like it's always been said, the decision is yours. People can't decide for you what to do.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did graduate really early. I'm beginning to think that's more of a curse than a blessing.

I got a job at Microsoft doing technical support.

The decision has already been made, now I'm just trying to figure how to make the best of it.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even in the middle of nowhere there are ALWAYS girls. And it's even easier to get to know them and to get into their panties, trust me.

At least you won't be confined to meeting only your coworkers.

Reaction score
OK 19 year old college graduate - you have a bright future ahead of you so don't worry too much about the present - with success comes women - guaranteed!!! Be patient!

However I understand your eagerness to find a mate considering that you are in the prime of your exiatence for such an encounter!!

North Dakota? You couldn't have picked a better place to pick up chicks!:rolleyes: I like sarcasm kid!

Ok - here is my take on this lonely existence -- I'm going to assume that since ND is more of a rural environment that women, in general, are more condervative in their manners - as oppose to Miami! So your approach to women can't be so brash too offend the locals! Although they probably have the same culture as the rest of america - they may do things differently there!

Considering that smaller communities know each other better and talk more to one another, i Would try to be introduced to women by others in your workplace and give some hints to your coworkers that you are an available single man on the prowl, so to speak. I can't imagine that some young married dudes wouldn't be happy to help you meet others and they can vouche for you that you are an upstanding young man!

You are 19 and new to the town so try to meet women through functions and organizations on college campuses - join a club or a gym...be seen!!

Be available - be seen -- depending on the size of your town be careful of your rep - You should chase only women that you really desire and not try to go after every girl that is available considering that you may be labeled a "player" and lose credibility - if you are in a small town!! NY city is good for players but in rural areas families are closer and their parents and friends judgment count alot!!! Impressions are important!!

Nonetheless, based on your current status you'll do well with women, if not now, then soon!!

Why is this in the "Anything Else" forum..s/b moved to main discussion forum.

Reaction score
hope7 said:
yah, join stuff at your college.
He is already a graduate and is living in a new town.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yah, join stuff at your college.
Yeah, I just graduated, and am kindof beginning a "career", so although there is a college in this town (Fargo), I kindof want to leave hanging out there and tagging along to college parties as a last result. I don't know, everybody in college seems immature now, but maybe that's just my pride speeking.

Anyway, thanks for the suggesstions!

Reaction score
skinnydart said:
I don't know, everybody in college seems immature now, but maybe that's just my pride speeking.

Anyway, thanks for the suggesstions!
Wow, you are mature for your age! You don't necessarily have to go to "parties" to meet women - but you do need to be around that environment -- there are other things to do there - no? Restaurants..bowling alleys etc..

Start off with the people you know at work for suggestions on places to go - remember, you are new in town - don't be ashamed to ask!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnydart said:
I did graduate really early. I'm beginning to think that's more of a curse than a blessing.

I got a job at Microsoft doing technical support.

The decision has already been made, now I'm just trying to figure how to make the best of it.
I don't know what's worse, graduating early, living in North Dakota or working for MS tech support; actually, putting them all together is pretty damn bad. I feel for 'ya.

But seriously, I would get Microsoft to pay for you to take some additional classes at the local university. You'll be able to get credits toward an advanced degree, you'll be more valuable to MS and/or any other company that would hire you and you'll be able to hook up with the local students who are your age and continue to establish yourself.