I'm getting AFC...someone remind me that all will be well...

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas, I need a splash of cold water across the face here...

Basically over the last three months I've been back living at home with my parents and working a couple of dead-end jobs while I tried to figure out how to put my college degree to actual use. Finally after all that time I just landed a really cool foot-in-the-door job with a professional sports team down in Florida.

Anyways, I'm packing up to drive from New York to Florida, and it's really hitting me how much of a big change this is going to be. One of the reasons it has been rough is that I've gotten a little bit of one-itis for one of the girls I was casually dating around here. She is completely head-over-heels for me, and is nothing short of devastated that I have to go. She's been sending me all these long texts about how she didn't mean to get attached to me, even after she knew I was going to be leaving, etc.

So yeah, I am really feeling AFC about this chick. At first I didn't think she would make much of a long-term girlfriend, but I've really enjoyed everything about her lately. She even dropped the "L" bomb two times on me, and we're not even official.

Tomorrow I officially start my journey South, and I'm still going back-and-forth with how to leave things with her. I told her clearly that a long-distance relationship just would not be good, but that I'd like to stay in touch and see where things go (she's also got family in the area in FL and was already looking at schools there before I told her where I'm moving). We just can't come to any resolution that isn't going to be really traumatic for her and her feelings.

AGH! Someone tell me it's all gonna be fine and that I'm gonna be laughing about this in a month.

P

perseverance

Women come and go, great job opportunities and opportunities for further exploration of the World's offerings do not, remember that.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year I passed up an internship in NY with ESPN. Why? Because of a girl.

Do I regret it.... One of the biggest mistakes of my life. Never put a girl in front of your career unless she is your family (wife).

P

perseverance

mustfirstregister said:
getting a job is easier than getting a gf....
Getting a good job isn't easy, especially when your country is locked into a recession with high unemployment. As great as it is to have a good woman on your arm, this woman will not put a roof over your head, food in your mouth and will not pay your bills.

This lad has a once in a life time opportunity to seize on a golden opportunity, you'd be an idiot to turn it down for a woman. Never place a woman in front of your ambitions, because ultimately you will regret that decision.

Tovansky

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, no matter how good a DJ you are, you will feel attachment to the one woman that you spend most of your time with, compared with the other women. You spend more time with her because she makes you feel more special and yea... I experienced this too. But remember bro, men can have feelings, but never let those feeling control your action. heed to our words, leave to florida and all will be well. Time will heal and make you forget. The same will go for that woman.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. Last night this girl pretty much confessed her undying love for me...exactly what I didn't need to hear the night before I set out for my long trip. She got a little upset when I didn't reciprocate word-for-word, so it just spiraled into another long useless text conversation.

I think this change of scenery is going to be really helpful.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you got to do what you got to do.. even i moved half way around the world from my oneits girl. if i can do it you can...

i'd just **** her then go.. but that's me