Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm flabbergasted.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
For the first time in a long time, I'm truly speechless.

"We the Jury, in the matter of the State of Florida against Casey Marie Anthony, we find the Defendant: Not Guilty."

This was repeated for the three serious of the seven charges.

I thought Ashton had her solid. Baez, that dancing clown, seems to be the Denny Crane of the Florida Bar.

She'll walk with time served on the 4 misdeamenor charges.

I guaran-goddamn-tee sh'ell be preggo within 18 months.

Orenthal is on his way to pick her up from jail. I only hope and pray she starts banging a waiter.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing i can figure is this is an example of how society, juries included will not hold a woman accountable for anything.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Stagger Lee said:
The only thing i can figure is this is an example of how society, juries included will not hold a woman accountable for anything.
Not necessarily un-true.

I really believe we don't, as a "higher-thinking society", do not want to admit an attractive, educated woman, from good stock, is capable of smothering her child then partying the night away at Blockbuster.

Wait until the stink of the body, feasted upon by blowflies, tossed aside as nothing more to her than an empty box of Cheerios.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how this deserves to be on the news.

Or for that matter, how making this cvnt a media sensation is helping matters, guilty or not.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so....she's not a single mom any more? How YOU doing Casey?

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra:
I really believe we don't, as a "higher-thinking society", do not want to admit an attractive, educated woman, from good stock, is capable of smothering her child then partying the night away at Blockbuster.
In criminology, there is the "wedding cake" model theory of criminal trials, developed by legal scholar Samuel Walker. The cake has four layers: 4) misdemeanors, 3) felonies, 2) serious felonies, 1) "celebrated" cases (i.e. high-profile). As you move up the cake, as stakes grow higher, cases receive greater scrutiny and examination of the facts, as more resources are poured into prosecution and defense teams (for those who can afford expensive lawyers). So it's with paradoxical irony the highest-profile cases are the closest reflections of how the adversarial justice system was intended to work.

Since the dynamics of criminal trials are different at each layer of the cake, it may be the attentive pressures of celebrated cases may prove too crushing on cases based solely upon circumstantial evidence—causing jurors to second-guess themselves the prosecutors were reaching too far. I mean, look at OJ.

My point is that while Casey's "hot party chick" background undoubtedly influenced why her case received "trial of the century" magnitude of attention, there may be other dynamics in play to her acquittal.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give Casey a big hug for me at Ember on Friday night, I hear there's 2-for-1s and a hot body contest at 9.

I know it's easy to say at this point but I told everyone at work that she'd walk before I left for vacation. All they had on her was very loose circumstantial evidence. What killed the state's case was there was no confirmed cause of death because the body had decomposed so badly and the botched autopsy. Add that to the fact that they had no evidential way to tie Casey to her daughter's death and you get reasonable doubt.

Now the world is high on their media fueled indignation rush and they want to blame "the stupid jurors." Don't blame the jurors, they did their job. Look to the state prosecution rushing this case to trial and the piss-poor job the police investigators and forensics did.

Is she guilty as hell? Yes, but don't blame "the system" or the jurors - it's all on the prosecution and their execution.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you guys in my immediate emotional reaction, however I'm going to throw a "but" in there.

My gut reaction is indignation. She is female and she cried. That's all it takes to sway the weak-minded people they cull together into juries.

However, the fact is that we are only fed what the media wants us to hear, and we don't know all the facts. It could be that the prosecution simply botched the case, or that there was indeed reasonable doubt which made the jury morally compelled to aquit. It is undeniable that we don't have all the information that they had. Whether it's a prosecution botch-job, insufficient facts, or a bungled police investigation, we'll probably never know.

Having said that, we are all painfully aware of the grossly unfair priviledges of the "fairer" sex. Their manipulation of judges and juries is astounding. Just be physically smaller than your male adversary and cry, and he will be guilty. Case closed. In this case her male adversary was the prosecuter.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say that if this was a man on trial for killing his child or his wife they would've easily convicted him on even far less circumstantial evidence. And from what I saw, the circumstantial evidence and her behavior strongly pointed to her killing the child. That's why I say no matter how you slice it she got off because she was a female like often happens. If it were a man he would've been convicted and that's the bottom line and why this case being circumstantial doesn't change the fact that women get special treatment in criminal cases. For example, oftentimes women get off for murdering their husband even after it is undeniable and admitted. Juries and society is looking for a reason to let woman off and convict men.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how this deserves to be on the news.

Or for that matter, how making this cvnt a media sensation is helping matters, guilty or not.
Shes attractive and white thats why.

Also google "missing white women syndrome"

The media doesnt care when your a male or a minority and missing.

And if you are male and committed her crime, youd be guilty with even less damning evidence. And if theyre black, latino, asian, etc it wouldnt even be national news, even if theyre hot.

Because this kinda stuff never makes national news and gets this insane media attention when you dont look like the majority, and hell its not people of other races dont do this kinda crap in the United States.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh, I went to school in Tampa and had to hear about this constantly in the news, I'm glad it's over just so I don't have to hear about it anymore. If it was a fat black girl nobody would care, but since it's a pretty white girl we never hear the end of it, like how they're STILL talking about Natalie Holloway :rolleyes:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I agree that she probably got away with murder.

But seriously, aren't there bigger fish to fry? How about Obama's undeclared war on Libya in which hundreds of innocent people have been killed? He says the United Nations can now dictate whether we send US troops into wars with no Congressional approval? Do you realize what this means?

We are now bombing 6 countries including Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya and Somalia - and none of those were declared wars. Congress (representing the people) is supposed to decide whether we go to war - not the unelected bureaucrats appointed to the UN by the central banks.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am somewhat surprised how many people are outraged over yesterday's verdict (and yes I think she was guilty); do we know nothing about our system of justice anymore? Our legal system is not designed to put every guilty person behind bars, but rather to prevent innocent people from ending up in prison. The rights of the free are far more important than punishment of the guilty, and that is a major reason this world calls us "The Land of the Free"

It was 31 days before the police were contacted, not before the parents asked where their grand daughter was. And according to the defense the father was present when the daughter drowned by accident in the pool. I'm not saying I believe that liar, but the case wasn't a slam dunk by any means. The prosecution was actually trying a brand new "science" that had never been used to convict someone ever before (they called it the "smell of death). Poor little girl is right, but people should also take a moment to recognize that our justice system still holds the government to a very high standard, and that is a good thing.

Most people are upset with the defendant (according to my very scientific Facebook browsing survey). I'm going to guess the prosecutors knew their case was shaky but also knew their case wasn't going to get any better. A jury of 12 didn't give the government a free pass, and I think that's the silver lining people should be focusing on... liberty lives. I see this as a victory for liberty. I see the principle underlying the story while you see the details. I think there are lots of things that we each see from this exact same perspective; underlying principle versus details. It's how I can oppose something like a smoking ban even though I don't smoke (and on the surface could only benefit from such a ban). It's also how you can support the Congress ordering all Americans to buy a product from a private corporation for the rest of their life.

I feel that the issue is proof that twelve random citizens can still be relied on to hold the government accountable, which I feel should be celebrated. Lots of nations would have locked this woman up for life just to keep a potential murderer off the street; America doesn't do that because we value the individual. Our judicial branch is still in tact, and HOPEFULLY that bodes well for the future viability of our executive and legislative branches, though I doubt it will.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I agree that she probably got away with murder.

But seriously, aren't there bigger fish to fry? How about Obama's undeclared war on Libya in which hundreds of innocent people have been killed? He says the United Nations can now dictate whether we send US troops into wars with no Congressional approval? Do you realize what this means?

We are now bombing 6 countries including Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya and Somalia - and none of those were declared wars. Congress (representing the people) is supposed to decide whether we go to war - not the unelected bureaucrats appointed to the UN by the central banks.
I agree, it is 100% ridiculous we are over there bombing a country that we have NO business doing anything to. All part of a larger Federal Reserve led plan to take over the middle east, and if we cant do that, to cause turmoil so the result is to raise the price of oil and devalue the dollar.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
You gotta remember that most Americans lead boring, empty lives...lives that lack feeling, purpose, freedom to think and feel. I'm seeing the symptoms of such an empty life manifested through thoughtless celebrity worship, the new American religion, IMO...so the American media and viewers have actually contributed to Casey Anthony becoming a celebrity.
I'm not trying to get off topic but this is very much like the whole Amanda Knox thing. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets away with murder too (many are already claiming her "innocent"). I don't understand why the media would give so much attention to them but I guess it's what people really want to see. Really pathetic if you ask me.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last days are going to be rough, I couldnt help but notice her evil smirk after getting away with that ****.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Most Americans SAY that they care about the wars, etc. But I think that's bull...most of us have become so blasé to the war efforts...9-11 happened 10 years ago.

News usually gets broadcasted solely to generate advertising dollars...the wars are old news...most Americans just aren't nearly as interested in watching events unfold in Afghanistan and Iraq as they are in comparatively trivial events akin to daytime soap operas...so CNN, Fox, etc. will broadcast whatever they think will generate the most advertising dollars...

Sad, but true...

This is, after all, the same media that broadcast the deranged Virginia Tech shooter's video manifesto. They'll plug-and-play anything for a buck.

You gotta remember that most Americans lead boring, empty lives...lives that lack feeling, purpose, freedom to think and feel. I'm seeing the symptoms of such an empty life manifested through thoughtless celebrity worship, the new American religion, IMO...so the American media and viewers have actually contributed to Casey Anthony becoming a celebrity.

She's going to make millions, and the people who run to the bookstores to buy her newly published memoir won't even think twice about how they're sinking what once was the greatest nation in the history of the world.

The collapse of the American Empire continues...
Bro this country (US) is turning into a complete joke. Look at whats glorified on TV. The news would focus 3 minutes on how some troops died in battle or how unemployment is through the roof but will talk half hour about Selena Gomez grabbing Justin bieber crotch, i mean Really....

crazyboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I think it just a high profile case. I mean look at OJ the whole world knew he was guilty. But he got off. we need to be just as ruthless on high profile cases like they are on regular folks. This is just simiple that rich get richer and poor get poorer.