I'M BAACK. WENT ON A FIRST DATE LAST WEEK AND WANTED TO CHECK-IN WITH THE COMMUNITY! <3

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup fellas. I've been living life amazingly the last couple years that I've stayed off sosuave. Been growing my small business, buying real estate, dating, spinning plates (gets easier with practice), and generally enjoying myself and life.

Now... about the purpose of this post. There's a bit of backstory before I continue:

I broke things off with 1 of my long-term plates (HB6) recently (~3 weeks). It didn't go that well since she was hoping for more. Mind you, I was very clear about my intentions from the jump, so she eventually understood after a long conversation about it.

With the vacuum of free-time HB6 left, I started actively scouting potential replacements (I try not to spin more than 2 at a time- I don't have a lot of free time to maintain them properly if more). I had a client (HB8, 23yo) that I did some business with here in the last couple weeks that had spent a good amount of time in my office (roughly three hours over the span of 3 visits) and she gave me a pretty good idea that she was interested by the second visit. She asked a lot of personal questions, talked a lot about hobbies and what she likes to do in her free time, and eventually invited me out for drinks with friends of hers two Saturdays ago. A day-drinking event, apparently. I ended up having an emergency come up and let her know I couldn't make it, so we rescheduled for this past Thursday evening, without the friends...

Now, this is where you folks come in. I wanted some input on how you think I handled the situation and how you think I should handle the situation going forward. It's been almost a year since I went on a real date. I felt like it went as well as it could have, but I'm also not always my toughest critic lol.

So Thursday rolls around and I got a text from her about 10AM asking if we were still on. I confirmed and let her know what time I was going to be at the venue (drinks at a local lounge at 830PM). I showed up 15 minutes early to grab a pre-drink and shoot some pool. She showed up 15 minutes late... looking absolutely stunning in a little black dress with some small heels. Gave her a hug/peck on the cheek, she went to the restroom, and I went to the bar to grab a round of drinks. We eventually sit at the bar and get to talking- and drinking. The comfort level was already there since I had built a bit of rapport during our business transactions. I was feeling very attracted to her... took about 30 minutes of talking and finishing our first round of drinks before I went in for the first kiss. She was very receptive of it, kissed back, and beamed a huge smile after. It's a good feeling to get that response. We had another couple rounds of drinks and KINO was off the charts. Lots of hand-holding, making out between stories, rubbing each other's legs. Good stuff. We eventually got up and changed venues to another bar up the street. We walked there, found a spot at the bar, and got another drink. We danced for a couple songs, finished our drinks, and I asked her if she wanted to have a glass of wine at my place. By this time is was just a bit after midnight. We get to my place and completely skip the wine. We barely made it to my bedroom. We had some sloppy drunk sex... it was a lot of fun, but by no means a great performance by either of us lol. We cuddled, talked, more sex, and slept for a bit. She nudges me up around 5AM to say she had to go and I drove her back to her place. Held my hand in the car the whole drive to her place. She kissed me as she got out and I told her we'd talk soon.
Later that day (Friday, around 5PM), I got a text from her asking if she can stop by my office (ON MONDAY) to pick up an invoice that she forgot and to drop my sweater off that she wore out of my house. I gave her the thumbs up... and called it good. Texted her the next day (Saturday) and sent a couple back-n-forth messages about our weekend plans. I was with the fellas for the rest of the weekend, so I was busy and didn't reach out again until I saw her this morning. She showed up this morning, gave me a hug and a kiss, picked up what she needed and I kissed her goodbye after inviting her to a baseball game this Sunday... she accepted.

A little on her background for context:
She's a 23yo college student and fitness instructor for the elderly. Very pretty girl. Face is probably an 8.5 and body is a 7.5. Body is tight because she works out a lot, but has the slightest hint of a belly, which I dig. She is very well-spoken, doesn't seem stuck-up, and does not strike me as a woman that makes bad decisions. I could be wrong- as I got her naked the first time we hung out. I felt it had a lot to do with the rapport I built, however. She was married when she was 18 (high school sweetheart joined the military, I'm sure you've heard many similar stories), divorced at 20, no kids, etc. Sounds like she's lived a bit of life for such a young chick. I'm 28 btw.

Now, for the fun part. Feel free to let me know what you thought about the date, the chick, or the sitaution in general. I'm always open to constructive criticism. I like to hear other's perspectives and opinions. I feel like I've handled it well to this point. Just not quite sure how to respond to the first-date sex piece. Usually one nighters aren't ones I care enough to call back, so this is a bit unfamiliar territory. I usually play the aloof piece, but I was also told that when you have sex with a girl, it's different. Almost like you stripped power/lifeforce from her. So I decided against not texting for a few days... didn't want her thinking I was in it for the one-night thrill... in fact, I'm looking forward to enjoying her again soon. So some insight on that piece would be nice. Otherwise, happy reading folks!

Didn't intend for this to be so long... I like being detailed :)

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean what's to say. The chick has a high interest level it will be hard for you to mess this up without actively trying. Do whatever you want to do.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean what's to say. The chick has a high interest level it will be hard for you to mess this up without actively trying. Do whatever you want to do.
I've come a long way from where I was, but I'm still growing and learning. Thanks for the kind words.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never agreed with the idea that a woman who sleeps with you early on is not relationship material. She obviously likes you a lot. I don't think you should hold that against her.
This is something that I thought I didn't like until the most recent 12 months or so. I like how you put that. Thanks.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with marmel and bible, not much to say here

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Date 2 at a baseball game. What would be your gameplan to get her back to the house after?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
date was perfect bro.. dont get the feels too fast!
date#2 dont forget you are interested in other chicks still, right?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Date 2 at a baseball game. What would be your gameplan to get her back to the house after?
well she's interested and you've both already smashed... how about just straight up ask her back to your place to chill and drink or watch a movie or even eat?

The whole thing seems quite smooth and easy so don't over think it and make sure you're seeing other women and you don't get oneitis

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have her meet you at your house first and drive together.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll probably end up picking her up as to ensure I'm her ride back :)

This post is just to keep myself from texting her. I've been talking to other chicks successfully, but this particular one has been on my mind recently. Supportive words to help keep me from contacting her unnecessarily would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll probably end up picking her up as to ensure I'm her ride back :)

This post is just to keep myself from texting her. I've been talking to other chicks successfully, but this particular one has been on my mind recently. Supportive words to help keep me from contacting her unnecessarily would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas.
This thought process that you can't text a woman after you've set up a date is just nonsense. If you know what you are doing texting her will increase her interest level not decrease it.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This thought process that you can't text a woman after you've set up a date is just nonsense. If you know what you are doing texting her will increase her interest level not decrease it.
This right here is the conversation I wanted...

What constitutes a good, casual text starter in this scenario? I'm a little old school, I don't always like the idea of texting without a goal. Nor do I have a ton of time to do so. It feels forced. What would be your move?

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick update- Texted HB8 this afternoon... basically asked how her day was, minimal small talk/pleasantries, and gave her details for Sunday (Date #2). She asked about my day, I told her that "I'm keeping busy trying to stay outta trouble"... thought that was a nice response haha. Don't plan on hitting her up again until I see her that morning. I think she might enjoy being chased... because she hasn't taken a lot of initiative to text first besides the afternoon after our first date, but she always texts back. Sometimes multiple times. Dating is such a cat and mouse game. It's exciting.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good morning folks. Wanted to post an update for all that give a f*ck (also for those that don't lol). I'm gonna continue to update this thread for the advice and for general mental sanity, regardless of interest or responses.

I left off after texting HB8 on Thursday with details for Date #2. Didn't have any correspondence with her between then and Sunday morning. In the meantime, I spent a night at the bar chatting up an HB6 that Thursday night. Single mom... I generally steer clear of those, but I was down to game a bit and she was attractive. Number close, kiss close... everyone went home happy. She texted me on Saturday and said wants to hang out again. Haven't decided if I'll pursue yet, but she's clearly interested. Even if you're a confident person, those interactions are a nice ego-boost.

On to Sunday:

The day started as a pretty standard Sunday morning for me. Got up at the ass-crack of dawn for a round of golf; I had some nerves about the date later in the day, which didn't help me facilitate my best golf performance, but it was a decent round and I had a good time. Finished the round before 9AM and hit up the office to do a little paperwork in anticipation of a new week of work. It was a very productive hour or so (which helped me get my head in the game and settle some nerves) and then I headed home to get ready for Date #2. Headed to HB8's house around 1130 to pick her up. I texted when I was a few minutes away to ask if she's ready. Pulled up and she came out right away. I was impressed because she was completely decked-out in team gear. She clearly cared enough to get herself an outfit for the date and spent some time on hair and makeup. I planned to show up a bit early for drinks and conversation at a nearby bar. We each had a couple drinks to warm up and walked to the ballpark. Once thru the gates, we stopped at the beer stand, got a couple beers, then found our seats. The game wasn't great, as my team got mopped, but we spent most of the time talking anyway. There was a lot of hand-holding, kissing, and general closeness. The game was a laugher 2/3rds of the way through, so I grabbed her hand and took off before it was over so we could beat the rush. At this point, I pretty much played the rest of the day by ear. It was about 3:30 that we left, so plenty of daylight. I took her to see this nice bayside view that I go fishing at periodically. She seemed to appreciate the venue a lot. There's a cool bar that overlooks the water... we grabbed a seat and continued the conversation. She started asking really personal and deep questions- past relationships, family questions, life questions, future, etc.

One piece of the conversation particularly stood out to me- she asked about my thoughts on future and family. I have some pretty strong convictions when it comes to that. I'm a man that definitely wants family and kids someday, but I don't always (read: almost never) reveal that this soon. My answer was generally aloof. I told her that I like to do things that make me happy. It wasn't verbatim, but basically the thought I was trying to convey is that... "I'm not thinking too far in the future, but I'm having a good time doing what I'm doing now, therefore I will continue to keep doing it until I no longer feel that way". It's funny because I had some trouble feeling out the intention of the question. She seemed to appreciate my perspective... I guess we'll see how that progresses. I couldn't tell if she was trying to say that she's not looking for something serious or vice-versa, but I let it go. She brought up wanting to work on career and education because of the notion that Latina women are usually perceived as homemakers and generally earn lower wages. I challenged her thoughts on that... intellectually and thoughtfully... and I could almost feel the moisture collecting.

...Moving on:

We went to grab dinner at this place a few miles away, also on the water. They sat us right by the window that watches the ocean and sunset on the outdoor patio. Didn't even ask for it, the hostess was just a sweetheart lol. HB8 isn't quite comfortable enough eating around me yet... she ordered a plate and just picked at it. I stuffed my face lol. At this point, we were a few minutes from my house, so I suggested we head that way to conclude the night. Got to the house, poured a little wine, and started getting hot and heavy. Bedroom activities followed, which were pleasant, to say the least. Cuddled and fell asleep. I made a comment the last time she stayed over about me hearing her snore, so she was VERY mindful of that. She woke up twice, almost startled-like, to ask if she was snoring haha. Ended up taking her home around 4AM and she thanked me for a great day/night.

I didn't text her at all yesterday (Monday)... it was a damn long day for me. I shot her a quick "hey you, hope you're having a good day" this morning... she appreciated the message and reciprocated the thought. Invited her out to see a movie this Friday and she accepted. Gonna try to get some drive-in action. I'll leave updates as the week goes on.

Let me know your thoughts if you have any :)

Last edited: