Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm a dumbass.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
I am meeting this girl for the first time tomorrow, and I told her to meet me at a NEW restaurant in the mall.

I just looked it up, and it's 50 dollars per plate. That means a first internet date is going to run $150.

This is a new restaurant in the mall, and I didn't check the prices before I set the date.

What to do?

Don Wha

Don Juan
Reaction score
"You know what, I have a huge craving for "blah blah". I know this great place that has the best "blah blah" in town."

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're still on the day before...so you could pretty easily just change the plans.

First date (especially with an online chick) should be something cheap and simple anyways. If it's nice out, just use the weather as an excuse and tell her you want to go for a walk and get ice cream or something.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is we already changed plans 3 times, and she has probably looked the place up by now. She will know.

Can't I just get her to split the tab? Then it won't be so bad.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
The problem is we already changed plans 3 times, and she has probably looked the place up by now. She will know.

I guess you can. Seems like it's an easily-solvable problem. Figure it out on your own.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
I guess you can. Seems like it's an easily-solvable problem. Figure it out on your own.

I just got a coupon online that gives 25% off the tab. I can go in early, tell them to apply it to my bill when I come in with my friend.

I won't show them a coupon with her around, plus I do get paid tonight. I could work this to my advantage and get laid, or it could backfire.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
I just got a coupon online that gives 25% off the tab. I can go in early, tell them to apply it to my bill when I come in with my friend.

I won't show them a coupon with her around, plus I do get paid tonight. I could work this to my advantage and get laid, or it could backfire.
Or you could just spend the money and live with it. It's not like you're buying a house.

Either way, it's not a particularly complex issue. Not very interesting. Just do something. It'll work out. You're overthinking....and worst of all, you're overthinking a very boring topic.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
Or you could just spend the money and live with it. It's not like you're buying a house.

What money do I have to spend?

I already bought a house, that's why I'm broke... paying the mortgage.

I get paid tonight. This dinner will wipe out whatever I have to spend.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:

Problem is that first date is gonna cost you a pretty penny, and its gonna set a standard for any further dates (if applicable).

Did you guys change venues 3 times or postpone 3 dates? If its been a venue change, then it might get weirder as you make more changes. But if its been rescheduling, then I don't see what the big deal is.

Besides, if she doesn't understand that a $150 meal on a first date is too much, then you're doing yourself a favor by not wasting time (and money) on this chick.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
2crudedudes said:
Problem is that first date is gonna cost you a pretty penny, and its gonna set a standard for any further dates (if applicable).

Did you guys change venues 3 times or postpone 3 dates? If its been a venue change, then it might get weirder as you make more changes. But if its been rescheduling, then I don't see what the big deal is.

Besides, if she doesn't understand that a $150 meal on a first date is too much, then you're doing yourself a favor by not wasting time (and money) on this chick.
I'm just going to act all surprised when I get there, and when the bill comes she can pay half. She works, it's not like she's broke.

I'll say "150 is too much for a first date, you gotta help out with the tab" or something like that

GetOveIT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you are, but next time you will not do the same mistake.

NO MA'AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
What money do I have to spend?

I already bought a house, that's why I'm broke... paying the mortgage.

I get paid tonight. This dinner will wipe out whatever I have to spend.
Bluntmaster, yes you are a dumbass.

After I read your problem, I presumed you were a guy about 18, 19, 20, maybe even 21 years old. I freakin nearly fell off my chair when I saw your age is 30 :eek:

First, I think your math is off. At $50 per plate, a dinner for two would cost $100, not $150.

Second, a girl you just met online you are taking to an expensive restaurant for a FIRST DATE? Wow dude, you're laying some good groundwork here. Just imagine how much money you will be shelling out if this becomes a serious relationship.

Third, WTF is this about? :mad:
Bluntmaster said:

Why do it this way? Whip out the coupon AT the restaurant WITH HER STANDING AT YOUR SIDE! Are you AFRAID of what she might think? Afraid she will see you are trying to save some money?

Fourth, and probably the most important. If one dinner wipes out your entire paycheck for a week, either it is too expensive a dinner or your income will not support what I am perceiving is an attempt by you to pass yourself off as a wealthy care-free man of means who views money as no object and will gladly spend as much of it as possible to show his dates the best time possible.

If my perception is correct, this goes against every principle taught by the experts on this forum, and will only net those who engage in this activity many gold-digging wh*res who will only use the supplicating men they surround until they are sucked dry of as much money and jewelry they think they can get from them.

To the men who supplicate gold-digging wh*res: :mad: :trouble: :cuss: :box:

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO MA'AM said:
First, I think your math is off. At $50 per plate, a dinner for two would cost $100, not $150.
With taxes, tip, and possibly drinks, I could see a $50 per plate dinner for two EASILY reaching $150.

bluntm@ster

Reaction score
NO MA'AM said:

After I read your problem, I presumed you were a guy about 18, 19, 20, maybe even 21 years old. I freakin nearly fell off my chair when I saw your age is 30 :eek:

Second, a girl you just met online you are taking to an expensive restaurant for a FIRST DATE? Wow dude, you're laying some good groundwork here. Just imagine how much money you will be shelling out if this becomes a serious relationship.

Why do it this way? Whip out the coupon AT the restaurant WITH HER STANDING AT YOUR SIDE! Are you AFRAID of what she might think? Afraid she will see you are trying to save some money?

Fourth, and probably the most important. If one dinner wipes out your entire paycheck for a week, either it is too expensive a dinner or your income will not support what I am perceiving is an attempt by you to pass yourself off as a wealthy care-free man of means who views money as no object and will gladly spend as much of it as possible to show his dates the best time possible.

If my perception is correct, this goes against every principle taught by the experts on this forum, and will only net those who engage in this activity many gold-digging wh*res who will only use the supplicating men they surround until they are sucked dry of as much money and jewelry they think they can get from them.

If you didn't notice, it was a MISTAKE telling her to meet me there. I didn't know the place, it is new.

Now that she has agreed, if I change it up she will know.

So I will continue with the date. As for the coupon? Hell yeah I will hide it. I have a good job, and I am not going to throw that away by letting her see some coupon.

We'll see how it goes. I can still pay my bills after this, but this will be my only date for 2 weeks. Maybe I can get her back to my house. We will see.

NO MA'AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
With taxes, tip, and possibly drinks, I could see a $50 per plate dinner for two EASILY reaching $150.
You're right. I forgot for the moment this was a new high-class restaurant in the mall where 20% tips are usually automatically figured into the bill.

And certainly we won't be talking about having soda or water for drinks. She could somehow get the impression he lacks... money :rolleyes:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could always stand her up :)

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
That's true, but listen to NO MA'AM.

You better not do this sh*t again.

Judge nismo wants you to stop shelling out that kind of money for a first date and there are cheap date ideas that will cost you little or nothing.

Try these:

1. Coffee shop
2. Restaurant
3. Taking a romantic walk
4. Park
5. Live music
6. Comedy Club
7. Zoo
8. Bowling or Playing Pool
9. Amusement Park
10. Movies

Case closed.

Last edited:

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
I am meeting this girl for the first time tomorrow, and I told her to meet me at a NEW restaurant in the mall.

I just looked it up, and it's 50 dollars per plate. That means a first internet date is going to run $150.

This is a new restaurant in the mall, and I didn't check the prices before I set the date.

What to do?
How is this even a problem?

Just meet her there at that new restaurant and jokingly tell her: 'If you end up being my style, I'll take you here. In the meantime...' and then you take her to another restaurant in the mall.

Besides, put things in perspective. Suppose the worst case scenario occurs, she gets angry and you never score another date with her, remember

she's just a girl

Who cares

Just get another girl

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn bluntmaster.... get your head in the game! What in the f$ck were you thinking anyways setting up something like this??? Even if you go, you are setting the bar too high to maintain!!!

I suggest forgetting all about this spot altogether! Take her to a cheap place and see how she reacts. Obviously if she acts like a horse's rear then you saved precious money you DO NOT have!!

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
NO MA'AM said:

If you didn't notice, it was a MISTAKE telling her to meet me there. I didn't know the place, it is new.

Now that she has agreed, if I change it up she will know.

So I will continue with the date. As for the coupon? Hell yeah I will hide it.

The best solution is to make her pay half. I know she has money. She's not a bum chic with a crap job.