Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

[I'm a crybaby] Eating vegetables wastes so much time

Reaction score
I try to eat a small bowl of steamed veggies (1 beet root,piece of cabbage,adult corn,some beans) but it is taking forever to munch and eat them. At this rate. I will be wasting several years of my life eating veggies while the unhealthy eaters quickly finish their meals, go and pickup the girls.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Eat raw. This is what I have been doing, raw peapods, carrots, tons of spinach, cauliflower and broccoli. I cook my sweet potatos though.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much veggies are you eating?? I just buy a 1lb bag of frozen mixed veggies like the one Espi posted and take out a bunch and microwave for like 2 minutes and I can eat it in like 3 minutes...

Do you hate the taste or something? If so get a veggie that you like eating..

Edit: Just saw that you eat beans. Beans are extremely filling as far as vegetables go, maybe that's why you eat them slowly.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggest mod rename thread to 'Neverending salad ruining my life!'

Reaction score
HalfAddict said:
Eat raw. This is what I have been doing, raw peapods, carrots, tons of spinach, cauliflower and broccoli. I cook my sweet potatos though.
Raw will take even more time to eat. It is not even healthy to eat raw cauliflower. It has some ingredients which should not be eaten raw (too lazy to find what it is, google about it)

ArcBound said:
just buy a 1lb bag of frozen mixed veggies like the one Espi posted and take out a bunch and microwave for like 2 minutes and I can eat it in like 3 minutes....
Cauliflower and Brocolli will get soft upon heating so it is easy to eat them. The usual culprits are beetroot, cabbage, beans, radish and radish-like veggies. Beans are difficult to eat not because they are filling (seeds may be, but I eat the whole beans with their cage on) but because they are so full of hard fiber difficult to chew.

limerickdesign

Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
How much veggies are you eating?? I just buy a 1lb bag of frozen mixed veggies like the one Espi posted and take out a bunch and microwave for like 2 minutes and I can eat it in like 3 minutes...

Do you hate the taste or something? If so get a veggie that you like eating..

Edit: Just saw that you eat beans. Beans are extremely filling as far as vegetables go, maybe that's why you eat them slowly.

I would do research on microwaves before you use them. The russians did studies on microwaves and from their discoveries promptly banned it from their country.
from what ive researched foods healing properties get warped and changed in a microwave. Just figure i would mention it would hate for you to put up with veggies (assuming you have a distaste of veggies like i do) and for them not to be as healing.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
limerickdesign said:
I would do research on microwaves before you use them. The russians did studies on microwaves and from their discoveries promptly banned it from their country.
from what ive researched foods healing properties get warped and changed in a microwave. Just figure i would mention it would hate for you to put up with veggies (assuming you have a distaste of veggies like i do) and for them not to be as healing.
+1

I never use microwaves. They do change the food on a molecular level. Would have to go dig up the studies, but needless to say that longterm use of microwaves can have detrimental effects on health.

Avoid them at all costs.

Also, just eat your damned veggies.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bad Ass Canadian said:
I never use microwaves. They do change the food on a molecular level.
All cooking does. That is the point. You'll have to be more specific.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
All cooking does. That is the point. You'll have to be more specific.
They change the food in ways that our bodies don't necessarily recognize, which when the food enters the gut it can have an immune response and cause longterm health effects.

check out:

"The Body Electric" by Robert Becker, MD

&

" Effects of microwave radiation on anti-infective factors in human milk" by John Kerner MD

They will have the science and studies to back the claims. I'm not gonna type it all out for you. Eitherway, I feel noticeably better when I avoid microwaved foods.

Here is the cliff notes from Mercola.

http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards2.htm

Last edited:

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
limerickdesign said:
All types of radiation have it's risks. They found recently a computer with Wifi can damage 25% of your sperm if you use it for only 4 hours.

They also found cellphones have a similar effect that makes sperm immobile.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you have a cellphone with you, and you a reading this post on a computer with Wi-Fi. And you'll still continue to use them both despite the fact research has shown they can be very bad for you. Why? Because it's convenient.

Plastic is also bad for you because it releases xenoestrogens. Or all your artificially grown food. People pick and choose their poisons these days.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just eat your vegetables man.

Try eating some kale with chicken, it's a great healthy choice.

What I do is I do a light stir fry by tossing in a bunch of fresh veggies, and then also tossing some lean chicken in there. It's a good post-workout meal. Serve it up with some rice...oh yeah.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just eat the damn veggies.

If you're having trouble motivating yourself to prepare fresh vegetables, then use frozen veggies as a baseload and add the occasional fresh veggies.

edit: An alternative which is more tasty is to put some ice, fruit, vegetables, yoghurt and milk (or water) into a blender and make a fruit/veggie smoothie. Yeah they cease to be solid food but you know what by the time solid food hits your intestines (where the nutrients get absorbed) it looks the same anyways. You're still getting the vitamins and minerals, its portable and convenient, and more tasty depending on what fruit you add.