Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm a bit chubby, want to start Bodybuilding..

Deciever

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not very FAT but just a bit chubby you know love handles and "soft" looking body. Since Its not possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time ,I wish to lose the fat bad However I don't want to cut down to find myself just a skinny guy with viewable rib cage...so I say to myself Bulk first then cut anywat since you are not too fat...However my friend who has been lifting for awhile suggests that its better to cut first then bulk...anyone was in the same boat? what did you do first?

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deciever
Its not possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time
Yes it is.

Deciever

Reaction score
Re: Re: I'm a bit chubby, want to start Bodybuilding..

Originally posted by Cheiradawg
Yes it is.
I know but the results will be **** compared to concentrating on either bulking or losing fat.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deciever
Hi, I'm not very FAT but just a bit chubby you know love handles and "soft" looking body. Since Its not possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time ,I wish to lose the fat bad However I don't want to cut down to find myself just a skinny guy with viewable rib cage...so I say to myself Bulk first then cut anywat since you are not too fat...However my friend who has been lifting for awhile suggests that its better to cut first then bulk...anyone was in the same boat? what did you do first?
Stop thinking so much. Eat right, exercise. You know what you have to do but don't have the courage to do it. Good luck.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're new to lifting then you will gain no matter what you do. Start cutting, you'll get some muscle too if eat your proteins.

MadeInTheUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
stop worrying about doing things exact... yes there are a MILLION different ways to train.. and everyone will tell you a different way..

the best thing to do is start training NOW! dont put it off until you have the perfect training regime and the perfect diet... in 3 months time you will look SOOOO different..

join a gym...go 3-5 times a week split routine...eat good...and as you get stronger and more used to train mix your routine up and play around with your nutrition..

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Join a gym ASAP and start doing 2 full body workouts for a month. Then start a 3-4 day split.

Good excersizes:

Bench
Deadlift
Tbar Row
Barbell Curl
Skullcrushers
Dips
Pullups
Shrugs
Squats
Lat Pulldowns
Bent Over Rows

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started bulking nearly 2 months ago from being under my recommended weight. I have made some impressive gains, but I also gained some bodyfat in the process.

For the last 2 weeks I have started cutting calories, but have been maintaining my protein (via whey supplement) intake and have been eating a healthy amount of fruit and vegetables. I am losing bodyfat and so far have maintained the muscle mass and gained more definition.

I'm no expert in this field and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, but from what I can gather, if your protein intake is high enough to counterbalance the cutting, your body won't feed on your muscle tissue.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right... three things can happen when you consume protein. It can be used as a building block for muscle, you can crap it out, or you can begin to break it down for energy. The latter is what happens when cutting. It doesnt matter if you only eat into 10g or 100g, because the worst that can happen is you crap the excess out. You wont be keeping it as fat, like you would be with carbs.

Thats not EXACTLY how it happens, but thats a general lay-mans overview. If you want more detail, go research :p

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
Join a gym ASAP and start doing 2 full body workouts for a month. Then start a 3-4 day split.

Good excersizes:

Bench
Deadlift
Tbar Row
Barbell Curl
Skullcrushers
Dips
Pullups
Shrugs
Squats
Lat Pulldowns
Bent Over Rows
Damn you, you never include stiff leg deadlifts... I declare vendetta ! ! ! :mad:

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, cause they're pretty stressful on your lower back, and if you have a back like mine, you're better off preserving it ;)

That, and in order to use a full+deep range of motion, you cant really use that much weight.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's probably true ben, noticed my back didn't like when I put 80 kg on the stiff leg deads. :/

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like stiff leg deads (RDL's) last in the workout, semi light, as a cooldown/stretch exercise on leg day. It's awesome for that.